Pound is second-worst performing currency in the world

webfact

1 hour ago, puchooay said:

Before the EU became a gravy train and let in countries with extremely low GDPs and very poor economies,between 2004 and 2007, it was 76.

yes, it is not in rich eu countries interest to carry these freeloaders,

so why are they accepted ?

i for one will certainly vote NO, and i think so would the majority

of eu citizens.

how to enforce democracy and responsibility on eu parliament ?

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that many of the Brits baying for hard Brexit and the damage that will do to the value of the pound have already been driven home by the exchange rate, their hope, others will be forced to follow them. 

Indeed. The sadder ones however are those who are or who will be on their way and think its worth paying the price.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Green said: “The British pound is now the second-worst performing currency in the entire world.

He's, of course, completely wrong (maybe he meant to say 'second worst performing western currency).

Lot's of South American and African countries with currencies they print 00s on every year or two.

Here's a list of the ten worst, pound is not on that list.

https://fxssi.com/top-10-of-the-weakest-world-currencies-in-current-year

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, puchooay said:

Before the EU became a gravy train and let in countries with extremely low GDPs and very poor economies,between 2004 and 2007, it was 76.

It was only 76 for a short time after the Tom Yang Kung crisis in 1997. When I first came to Thailand in 1987 the currency was tied to the dollar and fluctuated between 35-40 baht a pound.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Chances are once Brexit is dealt with - either way - and the baht goes goes down life will get better. The only question is how long and can people struggling make do until then

I've worked out if the pound reduces to 25bht, I'l be OK in Thailand for the next ten years (VISA permitting).

After that, I'll have to make some cut backs, but I don't really expect to live beyond 73, so not too many worries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've worked out if the pound reduces to 25bht, I'l be OK in Thailand for the next ten years (VISA permitting).

After that, I'll have to make some cut backs, but I don't really expect to live beyond 73, so not too many worries.

Well go for 73+ anyway. Pound should be better by then. 

54 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Currencies go up, currencies go down. Learn to live with what you have. Adjust your life for time being if you need to.

Chances are once Brexit is dealt with - either way - and the baht goes goes down life will get better. The only question is how long and can people struggling make do until then

For goodness sake.  Whats Brexit got to do with the Baht,  Please please try and grasp their is no direct exchange rate between Sterling/Baht.....none nada zilch.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Are you well skilled at predicting inflation?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Are you well skilled at predicting inflation?

Like what?

Bread flour still 32bht/Kg, same as it was 10 years back.

My home loan repayments will be the same for the next 20 years.

Petrol for my scooter cheaper than it was 10 years back (was 30bht/litre, now 28bht/litre)

When I first arrived my room rental was 5k/month, ten years later, same room is the same price.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Like what?

Bread flour still 32bht/Kg, same as it was 10 years back.

My home loan repayments will be the same for the next 20 years.

Petrol for my scooter cheaper than it was 10 years back (was 30bht/litre, now 28bht/litre)

and pu$$y, still get a good old shag for 1000 baht

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Isaanbiker said:

Here's the solution. The Euro for the whole UK and all is solved. Almost all. 

Then it would be another 3 years whilst the incompetent morons in the government bicker over how to implement such a strategy.

1 minute ago, JamJar said:

How about wages? Our wages are worth less in real terms than ten years ago. How do you envisage that improving?

Is food going to become cheaper to produce or to import? How do you envisage that happening?

That's because the Polish will work for less and drive the wages down.

But generally the whole of the western world is becoming like that, less money, less pension, less prospects.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JamJar said:

So find us a pundit who can convince us that the Pound will be back to where is was in a year. 

Enough of the Project Fear crud. Come up with some realistic facts and figures to show how the Pound can get back to where it was, in a year's time.

So much rubbish from the usual suspects. No substance to it whatsoever. Just nationalistic nonsense.

More like rats trying to escape from what they perceive as a sinking ship.

Let's see an analysis of what life would be like for the average Brit. Not just wishful comment that everything is going to be great.

How about wages? Our wages are worth less in real terms than ten years ago. How do you envisage that improving?

Is food going to become cheaper to produce or to import? How do you envisage that happening?

It not Project Fear, it's called using your intelligence and not just playing roulette with your future.

The Brexit liars have been telling us stories for years about deals being already done, but when asked to supply the proof, only silence.

In fact most deals were only signed this year. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47213842

Liam Fox himself admits that it is much more complex than he imagined at the time of the referendum.

What?! 

So if the leaders were lying through their teeth, what hope for their true believers?

We need facts, not <deleted>.

You are carping on about a lot of different stuff that was not in my post. Requests denied.

• Sad 1