name on water bill electrical bill

friend of siam

It would probably depend on the office but they would most likely want proof of ownership or maybe blue/yellow book. I dont think just proof of residency would be enough. Otherwise you could rent a place then put the account/meter in your name and not the owners.

Cost is around 2,000 baht.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

It would probably depend on the office but they would most likely want proof of ownership or maybe blue/yellow book. I dont think just proof of residency would be enough. Otherwise you could rent a place then put the account/meter in your name and not the owners.

Plus of course, the cost of renting a place and, in my case, a divorce for renting somewhere else.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Why not just get a yellow book and ID card ? That should solve the proof of residence problem.

Easier to get certificate of residence, no?

Edited by JaiLai

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Why not just get a yellow book and ID card ? That should solve the proof of residence problem.

It is for oversee bank not for thailand.. i have yellow book and pink id card...these are in thai characters...they want utility bills to change address of my accounts...

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

everywhere in the world where i rented before i had  the electrical contract on my name .. show renting contract there u go ...in europe online takes two minutes ..in th i have yellow and pink id but cannot have electrical contract to my name is strange....

8 minutes ago, friend of siam said:

It is for oversee bank not for thailand.. i have yellow book and pink id card...these are in thai characters...they want utility bills to change address of my accounts...

The oversees company will probably also accept a bank statement from your Thai bank showing your address, you can get this from your bank in english for about 200THB. This is easier than getting your name on the bill.

46 minutes ago, friend of siam said:

everywhere in the world where i rented before i had  the electrical contract on my name .. show renting contract there u go ...in europe online takes two minutes ..in th i have yellow and pink id but cannot have electrical contract to my name is strange....

50 minutes ago, friend of siam said:

The property isn't in your name and you don't have a rental contract.

Try explaining your circumstances to your bank(s). A Certificate of Residence and copy of passport should suffice. If not documentation from your embassy may suffice. They're likely to be more flexible than the local bureaucracy. 

Must admit, I've never had that problem changing my local address with foreign entities.

Surely just a translation of your yellow book or ID would work. Just have the translation company stamp and sign it. I doubt that it has to be a notarised copy.

You may still have a problem with Thai bills in your name as even though your name is in English, parts of the address may be in Thai.

19 hours ago, friend of siam said:

Very common now that KYC (know your customer) compliance has become much more aggressive. I had issues with my offshore bank after 20 years banking there in part due to Thai address. 

1) get a residence paper from immigration and get a certified translation.. 

2) get a residence proof from embassy 

3) get a TOT phone line in your name.. My bank seem to accept phone lines with broadband as 'utility' to a home address. 

On 7/31/2019 at 2:15 PM, friend of siam said:

put internet in your name.. Counts as utility bill...

• Like 1

Very common now that KYC (know your customer) compliance has become much more aggressive. I had issues with my offshore bank after 20 years banking there in part due to Thai address. 

1) get a residence paper from immigration and get a certified translation.. 
2) get a residence proof from embassy 
3) get a TOT phone line in your name.. My bank seem to accept phone lines with broadband as 'utility' to a home address. 
I had the same issue with my home country bank. Fortunately they accepted the APPROVED page from my 90-day online reporting.

On 7/31/2019 at 7:15 PM, friend of siam said:

I have had the same problem a few times but fortunately I had the electricity put in my name when the house was built and  just get the last bill translated.

Normally this type of check requires something that has come through the post, to confirm current residence. Unfortunately postal bills are becoming less and less with online systems. May have to ask they what would be acceptable, for example they may well accept a Lazada delivery note. As suggested an internet account in your name is an option if possible, our only option is 3BB and they would not put the account in a foreigners's name.