TM30 Hospital Visit

I have just read in the Bangkok Post that non Thais who leave the address shown on their previous TM30, and stay in a hospital for at least one night must complete a new one for immigration.

I am off on Friday for a major operation at a Bangkok hospital. I have enough anxiety at the moment anyway, Please tell me this is not so.

For expats, spending even one night away from a reported residence, including at a hospital, also requires a new TM30 form to be submitted within 24 hours

<link removed>

Edited by ubonjoe
links to Bangkok Post are not allowed (forum rule)
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It is the hospital's responsibility not yours.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Would they do it automatically without me asking them to. It doesn't mention that in the paper.

Edited by lelapin
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, lelapin said:

I have just read in the Bangkok Post that non Thais who leave the address shown on their previous TM30, and stay in a hospital for at least one night must complete a new one for immigration.

I am off on Friday for a major operation at a Bangkok hospital. I have enough anxiety at the moment anyway, Please tell me this is not so.

It is so. But only if your local office want one.

TM.30 is designed to track our whereabouts. So if the hospital report your stay the system shows you at the hospital until a new report is made at the next place you stay.

14 minutes ago, elviajero said:

It is so. But only if your local office want one.

TM.30 is designed to track our whereabouts. So if the hospital report your stay the system shows you at the hospital until a new report is made at the next place you stay.

So as jonclark said, do they really expect me to report to Jomtien immigration within 24 hours of returning to my house after a major operation. And what are the penalties for not doing it.

1 hour ago, lelapin said:

well i am sure you don't want to do this, but go to immigration before hand and tell them what is happening with you, when they say you have to report, ask them to give you a letter stating you must report. 

31 minutes ago, lelapin said:

So as jonclark said, do they really expect me to report to Jomtien immigration within 24 hours of returning to my house after a major operation. And what are the penalties for not doing it.

I don’t think Jomtien are currently enforcing that. 

800 or 1,600 baht are the usual fines. It’s a maximum of 2,000 baht. 

15 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I don’t think Jomtien are currently enforcing that. 

800 or 1,600 baht are the usual fines. It’s a maximum of 2,000 baht. 

Thanks for info. How will they know if I don't do it.

Hi there/.

I have the same problem now also, i am going into hospital for major surgery? soon total HIP replacement. booked already.

I am staying in hospital for 5 days? How can i report to immigration after being released from hospital? cant walk properly 4/5 weeks?

Do they want me to go immigration by ambulance? after release from hospital?

There must be some sense? in this TM30 reporting for these type of things?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Martinpeter said:

Hi there/.

I have the same problem now also, i am going into hospital for major surgery? soon total HIP replacement. booked already.

I am staying in hospital for 5 days? How can i report to immigration after being released from hospital? cant walk properly 4/5 weeks?

Reports don’t need to be made in person.

They won’t. As long as one is filed for the address you put on your extension application you shouldn’t have s problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martinpeter said:

Hi there/.

Oh my God. They are not going to deport you. Just wait until your next visit to IM and file it then. If they charge you 800 THB, so be it. What's that, less than $30 USD. Everyone is getting crazy about this and if you don't have the 800 THB, then I feel so so so sorry for you. I'm done... all of these posts are just so idiotic.... Don't bother to reply because I won't read it.

Edited by BertM
  • Like 1

Immigration would only know if the hospital in fact files a TM30 for your stay...

I would bet that virtually no hospital (with the accepting of the big ones that specialize in and sell medical tourism packages) have set up procedures to file a TM30... They would most likely assume their patients are local and they are also not considered by law as hotels...

Upon checkin in at the hospital ask them... My guess is you will get a blank stare... :coffee1:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Martinpeter said:

Hi there/.

I guess "medical tourist" are exempt from this?

25 minutes ago, BertM said:

Oh my God. They are not going to deport you. Just wait until your next visit to IM and file it then. If they charge you 800 THB, so be it. What's that, less than $30 USD. Everyone is getting crazy about this and if you don't have the 800 THB, then I feel so so so sorry for you. I'm done... all of these posts are just so idiotic.... Don't bother to reply because I won't read it.

Yes you will.

• Like 1

You could let somebody else do it for you (power of attorney), or you could do it by mail.

3 hours ago, PhonThong said:

I guess "medical tourist" are exempt from this?

Medical tourists will usually stay at a hotel when they are not at a hospital, so they never get in touch with a TM30

13 hours ago, lelapin said:

Jomtiem is one of the more sensible IOs in the country wrt TM30s. I doubt they will make issues for you. At least do not stress over it. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/31/2019 at 5:26 PM, lelapin said:

In March this year a high ranked immigration officer at Jomtien Immigration went on radio (local english station), and emphasized that when returning from another province to same address, a new TM30 isn't needed.

23 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

In March this year a high ranked immigration officer at Jomtien Immigration went on radio (local english station), and emphasized that when returning from another province to same address, a new TM30 isn't needed.

Well to be clear, this was a British announcer doing a voice-over of what one senior Immigration said.

Since then many, many, many senior immigration officials have given conflicting answers. Yes, no, maybe, perhaps, it's easy, if it's Tuesday, then yes. Consistently inconsistent, to paraphrase Richard Barrow's synopsis at the recent FCCT meeting, seems apropos.

Some hospitals do file TM30's for patients staying overnight. I know that Bumrungrad does. So you need to ask, and potentially be prepared to file another TM30 when you return home.

That was March! Chaengwattana said the same thing, but since all the recent publicity it's no longer the case.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app