TM30 and leaving Thailand often

I have a 20-year TE visa. The TE office does my 90-day report in Bangkok. What happens if I don't do 90-day report? I can leave and come back to Thailand anytime I want to. There are no checks for 90-day report or TM30 report during exit. I often go to Portugal/Singapore/Japan for a few weeks. To avoid 90-day report, I have to time it. Was wondering what happens if I don't do any 90-day report or TM30 report. Just come and go. If caught in a immigration raid, I can pay the fine. Money is not a problem. What is the best solution for me? Please don't post about app, online, mail, how easy it is, etc. Just need to know the penalty. Is it a criminal  offense or a civil offense?

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Sad 1

OP, your post doesn't make sense, first you say that the TE office does your 90 day reports then ask what happens if you dont do them (why ask if someone already does your 90 day reports.).

The fine for not doing a 90 day is 2,000 baht and for not doing a TM30 is usually 1600 baht (for whoever is liable for lodging a tm30). Its not a civil matter , you are fined by The Thai government under the immigration act..

45 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

first you say that the TE office does your 90 day reports

It is not automatic. I have to go to their office and leave my passport with them. What happens if I forget or don't want to go to their office every 90-day? I have to also time the visit. This is all bothersome for me.

45 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

fine for not doing a 90 day is 2,000 baht and for not doing a TM30 is usually 1600 baht

Is it cumulative (2000x number of  90-day skipped) or one time when caught? 

Any report of people being caught for skipped 90-day and TM30 in an immigration raid?

What is the chance of immigration raid in a condo and while traveling? I live in Q condo, Sukumvit, Bangkok. Mostly use grab or BTS and MRT. I don't go to Nana or Soi Cowboy at night. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

It is not automatic. I have to go to their office and leave my passport with them. What happens if I forget or don't want to go to their office every 90-day? I have to also time the visit. This is all bothersome for me.

Is it cumulative (2000x number of  90-day skipped) or one time when caught? 

Any report of people being caught for skipped 90-day and TM30 in an immigration raid?

What is the chance of immigration raid in a condo and while traveling? I live in Q condo, Sukumvit, Bangkok. Mostly use grabs or BTS and MRT. I don't go to Nana or Soi Cowboy at night. 

Stop fretting.  The very worst that might happen is you have to pay a fine.  It's not a cumulative fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mikebike said:

I would think, after some point of repeated violations, blacklisting would kick in.

No, blacklisting is for overstaying.  Many people have ignored 90 day reports for years, and just paid the 2,000 baht fine when they extend their stay.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mikebike said:

I would think, after some point of repeated violations, blacklisting would kick in.

One, can only hope so.

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No, blacklisting is for overstaying.  Many people have ignored 90 day reports for years, and just paid the 2,000 baht fine when they extend their stay.

Not yet, but there is still a chance to make it a reality.

I never reported for the 90 days as I leave Thailand always before 90 days are up. So tpo speak you report by exiting and later entering again. About TM 30 you indicate your place of living on your entry form so I also do not see any need to report that seperately.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Prince77 said:

I never reported for the 90 days as I leave Thailand always before 90 days are up. So tpo speak you report by exiting and later entering again. About TM 30 you indicate your place of living on your entry form so I also do not see any need to report that seperately.

I completely agree about the TM 30. It seems to have become an increasing issue, with widely different enforcement or no enforcement. I wasn't even aware of it until about 12 months ago and only from posts on TV. At my last visit to my provincial IO in 2018 for a marriage extension, as in previous years, this was not to my knowledge mentioned, my wife and I signed lots of papers as usual and as usual the IO chatted away mostly to her. Certainly no fine paid then or previously. I have never done a 90 day report because either I've left before or it has been obviated with an extension application. But I don't know current requirements as I have let that visa lapse and am currently on a non O multiple entry from Savanekhet granted with evidence of marriage so I have to leave at 90 days anyway now. Meanwhile my wife still doesn't know what a TM 30 is, I've asked her several times and tried to explain as she's the one with the blue book for the house. And why indeed the need when it's the address I give on the arrival card, TM 6?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

civil

Civil what?

If you mean that the failure to notify the immigration office of staying longer than 90  days is a civil offense, what is your basis for this statement?

On 8/7/2019 at 1:22 AM, Maestro said:

Civil what?

If you mean that the failure to notify the immigration office of staying longer than 90  days is a civil offense, what is your basis for this statement?

It is not a criminal offense 

On 8/6/2019 at 9:57 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Rather than pay 2000 baht fine every 90 days just pay me 6000 baht per year and provide details one time and I will submit your online 90 day report for you in 5 minutes. That’s a saving of 500baht per fine.

????

Edited by NightSky

Rather than pay 2000 baht fine every 90 days just pay me 6000 baht per year and provide details one time and I will submit your online 90 day report for you in 5 minutes. That’s a saving of 500baht per fine.

[emoji58]

As I wrote, the fine for not doing 90 day reports is not cumulative, so your service would not be worth it.

The good thing about 90 day reports is that anyone can do them for you - plenty use motorcycle taxi drivers. The pain with TM30 reporting is, I believe, that this cannot be done.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, JohnnyBKK said:

My friend got an overstay stamp because he forgot to do the 90 days report, he even took a lawyer because he wasn't overstaying, just forgot to report. The lawyer could do nothing about it. He paid an overstay fine and got a stamp.

What was the stamp he got ?

2 minutes ago, JohnnyBKK said:

My friend got an overstay stamp because he forgot to do the 90 days report, he even took a lawyer because he wasn't overstaying, just forgot to report. The lawyer could do nothing about it. He paid an overstay fine and got a stamp.

I doubt very much it was an overstay stamp. It was a stamp saying he was fined for not doing the report.

His fine would of been 2000 baht. If it was an overstay fine it would of been 500 baht for everyday up to a maximum of 20,000 baht.

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I doubt very much it was an overstay stamp. It was a stamp saying he was fined for not doing the report.

His fine would of been 2000 baht. If it was an overstay fine it would of been 500 baht for everyday up to a maximum of 20,000 baht.

He paid 500 thb per day that his 90 days report was late and lawyer confirmed it was overstay stamp.

Doubt as much as you want, it happened.