White cops on horseback led a black man by rope in Texas. Their police chief apologized

webfact

10 hours ago, Skallywag said:

He broke the law, doesn't matter how he is transported to jail IMO. 

When you are put in a  police car with hands handcuffed behind your back it is also demeaning. 

So what is the politically correct solution to all this?  

Treat criminals like upstanding citizens and have a Lincoln town car transport them to jail?!

What you say would be fine - providing that's the police policy and the officers followed procedure. And, if that's the case, there'd be other photos of men and women, white, black, hispanic, asian being led in the same way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Oh please. Seriously?!?

There is massive evidence of racial inequality in the U.S. "justice" system. I'm incredulous that anyone would even attempt to deny that. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2014/07/17/332075947/study-reveals-worse-outcomes-for-black-and-latino-defendants

Now I will turn this back. Now is your chance to provide evidence that racial inequality does NOT exist in the U.S. "justice" system. I'm not holding my breath. I said evidence, not white nationalist opinion/ideology. 

You are asking me to prove a negative, I know you are smarter than that.

• Haha 1

How would that situation be handled if the criminal would be white? Or if the officers were black? Or maybe Hispanic?

Are there different rules depending on the skin color, origin, etc.?

And how about if the criminal is a transgender? Again other rules?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, daoyai said:

No indication that the suspect was mistreated in any way.  Of course to non-americans and race baiters reading this and having been fed fake news for years it could seem abusive or gawd forbid "wacist".   I wonder what the suspect feels about his treatment, I wouldn't be surprised if Al Sharpten was on the next plane down there to advise the fellow on how to exploit this for their mutual gain.  I hope not.

No way would they be racist in the good old US of A now would they?

4E3DE9DC-D3A8-4575-9FD9-B54D73E8FF25.jpeg

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Logan resisted arrest, Crusius (unfortunately) turned himself in.

The offices said they used a stun gun on Logan and arrested him but did not beat him. That must be some powerful stun gun. 

47 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Was  Logan legitimately arrested? Had he committed a crime or did he insist on his rights?

No, actually he was walking his blind mother home from a bible study when the two white cops ambushed and beat him.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1