Laos Thai Friendship bridge II if denied entry back to Thailand need info

Sorry to post this on Thai immigration topic forum, but barely get any replies in the “other countries” section.

I will go to my last visa run adventure next week. And I really need your advice on what to do if denied entry.

Will I be able to get back to Laos same day?

Will my thai visa still be valid?

Anyone ever used Savannakhet airport?

My basic plan is, if I get denied entry, just gonna make my way to Vietnam.

And for those wondering why am I worried about getting entry denied, well I had like four tourist visas three years ago, decided to stay here and study Thai, while my partner is working. I completed two years of Thai language studies speaking three levels, reading and writing two levels. Unfortunaly my passport was full of stickers so I had to apply for a new one, so last Thai reading and writing level paperwork for visa got delayed and I’m forced to get tourist visa. But anywhere I go I get stopped by Immigration and questioned for like an hour just coz of my previous tourist visas. Understandable and I’m not worried if they will decide to stop letting me in.

So, Laos visa stamping out and coming back in same day, possible?

I mean stamping out of Laos, getting denied at Thai border then trying to go back to Laos. Information about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

We have not seen a single report of somebody being denied there (if they had a valid visa or didn't have two visa exempts on land borders in this year already).

So the chance that you will be denied entry is very close to zero. In case Thai immigration would deny you, Laos immigration will cancel your exit stamp and you can go back into Laos.

• Like 1

We have not seen a single report of somebody being denied there (if they had a valid visa or didn't have two visa exempts on land borders in this year already).
So the chance that you will be denied entry is very close to zero. In case Thai immigration would deny you, Laos immigration will cancel your exit stamp and you can go back into Laos.

Yeah, my pals telling me not to worry and just go for it. But I rather prepare for the “worst” than be lost and sorry I haven’t checked this info beforehand.
This thing of staying 180 days in Thailand (don’t know what specific visas ppl are talking about or if this 180 thing is even real) makes me think, coz my ED ended in 21st of May this year, now I’m finishing my first tourist this year. So just wondering do they really pay a lot of attention to the number of days a year staying on particular type of visa or this thing is just as unclear as everything else. (Lol)

Anyways, is there any limit to Laos visas on arrival?

Thanks for your reply:)

You will not get denied entry entering Thailand at Savannakhet/Mukdahan. In the unlikely event that you were, your exit stamp from Laos would be cancelled, and you would be back in Savannakhet within an hour or two.

I have used Savannakhet airport. It is pretty tiny with few flights. You could fly up to Vientiane and get an onward flight from there, but bus to Vientiane is much cheaper.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BrakkaToss said:

Will I be able to get back to Laos same day?

Yes. Laos immigration are familiar with people being sent back.

58 minutes ago, BrakkaToss said:

Will my thai visa still be valid?

Probably, as long as Thai immigration don’t cancel it, which they usually don’t.

• Like 1

If denied entry the Laos side will just cancel your exit stamp (if you are liked at no cost). 

Laos side is not happy about it too as it costs them tourists, they should be happy to get you back for a few more days.

• Like 1

OP....  With a history like yours, I would recommend that before you go on your so called 'visa run adventure next week', you ask your friend who allegedly got denied entry at Suvarnabhumi on Tuesday, and then released within a "couple of hours", for the name and phone number of the lawyer who expedited his/her release from detention.

It is  obvoius the lawyer is able to push all the right buttons with lmmigration so you shouldn't have any problems if you get stopped.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BrakkaToss said:

With visa exemptions, which border crossings to use in Laos?

Any one of them. They are all friendly.

Same for a Cambodia crossing other than Poi Pet.

Crossings to Myanmar is also good.

Malaysia you might be told you have to stay overnight before re-entering.

• Like 1

OP....  With a history like yours, I would recommend that before you go on your so called 'visa run adventure next week', you ask your friend who allegedly got denied entry at Suvarnabhumi on Tuesday, and then released within a "couple of hours", for the name and phone number of the lawyer who expedited his/her release from detention.

It is  obvoius the lawyer is able to push all the right buttons with lmmigration so you shouldn't have any problems if you get stopped.

Why so bitter?:)
Detention and getting deported back is one thing.
Being free after denied either in a consulate or on land crossing is another. I’m simply wanting info on where people go after this occurs.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, BrakkaToss said:

Why so bitter?:)
Detention and getting deported back is one thing.
Being free after denied either in a consulate or on land crossing is another. I’m simply wanting info on where people go after this occurs.

What make you think that I am bitter?  You asked for advice and I gave you some.  In the second paragraph of your original post you stated the following:

"I will go to my last visa run adventure next week. And I really need your advice on what to do if denied entry".

The recommendation that I provided was perfectly reasonable given what you has posted in another post (Denied Entry at Suvarnabhumi on METV) about your friends experience who was allegedly denied entry at Suvarnabhumi on Tuesday and who as a result of a lawyer's intervention was released from detention within two hours.

• Like 1

What make you think that I am bitter?  You asked for advice and I gave you some.  In the second paragraph of your original post you stated the following:

"I will go to my last visa run adventure next week. And I really need your advice on what to do if denied entry".

The recommendation that I provided was perfectly reasonable given what you has posted in another post (Denied Entry at Suvarnabhumi on METV) about your friends experience who was allegedly denied entry at Suvarnabhumi on Tuesday and who as a result of a lawyer's intervention was released from detention within two hours.

I want information about land borders, when you are able to walk out of there free. It’s a bit different, isn’t it?:)