Back in the UK after 10 years in Thailand

On 8/21/2019 at 6:48 PM, FredGallaher said:

Could be a perception problem. Fat people might see others like them as normal.

I was watching a football match on Saturday night and for the first time in my life I noticed that every time the cameras were on the supporters most of them were fat.

This was in Southampton.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

A migration of grumpy old men might be good for Thailand. Let the ones who really like it here live in peace. 

In the words of Rabbie Burns, changed them a bit so all can understand.

Would someone the power give us

To see ourselves as other see us.

There is also

Never criticize a man til you've walked a mile in his shoes.

Then when you do criticize him you'll be a mile away and, you'll have his shoes.

????

Edited by overherebc
On 9/3/2019 at 5:50 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

That's changed since I left in 2009, but it's coming in all western countries- Big Brother has arrived. Next is the cashless society and we really are screwed.

What happens with tourists that don't have a card?

theres oyster travel cards available from machines at heathrow and you can use bank cards to pay for them

On 8/10/2019 at 11:37 AM, transam said:

My UK chum bought an old camper van to tour Spain to look for a house, whilst he was there his sister in the UK rang, "You have a fine to pay"....."What fine"....

Here it is, and he still doesn't know why the fine, especially on Sidcup Road, nor do I......Anyhoo, my point is incidentals and the costs inflicted....

fine.jpg.18edd1f489771cc82487f54e3ad0f9d3.jpg

Cant be arsed to trawl through the whole thread, this is the LONDON congestion charge.

On 9/3/2019 at 12:54 PM, ThaiPauly said:

I was watching a football match on Saturday night and for the first time in my life I noticed that every time the cameras were on the supporters most of them were fat.

This was in Southampton.

Any sporting event from the States I see the same thing !  Must be fat people enjoy going to watch sports

more than doing them.  And beer and hotdogs !!   hmmmmmmm

• Like 1
On 9/3/2019 at 12:54 PM, ThaiPauly said:

This was in Southampton.

as they were all seated and you couldnt see below their chests , how cold you know their waist size ?

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Perhaps rent is cheaper in Thailand, but for what? Looking at a sea that you can't swim in? Breathing hazardous air, garbage laden streets, tap water that is not safe, dirty food, the most dangerous roads in the world, what about the other things u didn't mention, food more expensive in supermarkets, booze prices etc etc etc.

corrupt police, visa rules.

lets hear u rave about these.

were all waiting.

Don't be silly.....????

• Like 2

Perhaps rent is cheaper in Thailand, but for what? Looking at a sea that you can't swim in? Breathing hazardous air, garbage laden streets, tap water that is not safe, dirty food, the most dangerous roads in the world, what about the other things u didn't mention, food more expensive in supermarkets, booze prices etc etc etc.

were all waiting.

Sounds like parts of the UK that I've visited.

• Like 1

were all waiting.

Don't forget the Rattlesnakes....:cheesy:

What a dreadful post Ronald.????

7 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

I prefer to drink my beer out of a glass without the pressure of binge drinking. 

Oops, the bell rang, make your oder. 

How many good looking girls have smiled at you? 

are you mistaking the western smile for the Thai smile ?

they are two different things which have two different meanings .

and there is so much more to life than whether pretty young ladies (quite often prostitutes) ,smile at you or not

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Cigarettes are about ten quid a pack and they cannot be seen on sale in any shop , they are all hidden and you feel like you are doing something wrong when buying them .

I did smoke sometimes in Thailand when i was drinking , which was most nights , its quite common to see Thais drinking and smoking in public , which encouraged myself to indulge , its quite uncommon to see people in the UK drinking and smoking in public and so now I've finally managed to quit drinking and smoking , something that I was unable to do in Thailand .

Two weeks now without a drink or smoke and as I dont see everyone around me drinking and smoking , I dont even think about it

• Like 2
On 8/21/2019 at 11:48 AM, jayboy said:

On a recent visit to the UK I was invited by a family member to attend Speech Day at a well known public school in Dorset.There must have been hundreds of people attending and they were of all ages.I suppose it was a reasonable cross section of the upper middle class.

I didn’t see one fat person there.

In the UK obesity is primarily a problem of the lower classes.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just to make the point this is what people who eat carefully, keep fit and have good genes look like.In any area in the UK where the upper middle class is gathered together you will see most are essentially of this type.

For fatties with tattoos you will need to look elsewhere = a cynic might say at the food banks where many of their customers are staggeringly obese.And closer to home in Lower Sukhumvit and Pattaya of course.

18095564-7430097-The_Duchess_of_Cambridge_chuckled_as_her_daughter_momentarily_hi-a-146_1567671689739.jpg

Edited by jayboy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
14 hours ago, moontang said:

Another plus for BKK...not a ridiculous amount of able-bodied people relying on the government for handouts.

Sure, but you are missing the point.  Thailand on even a low budget beats UK, but there is no safety net.  When something really bad happens in Thailand.... you're in trouble unless you have a lot of funds.

Edited by mommysboy
on the other hand , its so much more reassuring to be able to visit a doctor /hospital with an ailment and they will try to cure you , rather than doing their best to pad the bill and make you pay as much as poss7ble.....................and they wont charge you any money
And they wont charge you

Yet, but that time is coming..........

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk