Back in the UK after 10 years in Thailand

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Although it just isnt cheaper coke water and crisps , those are just a few examples and I could give plenty more examples of things that are cheaper in the UK.

I also didnt state that I give my mother 3 quid a day to look after me , that is the money to cover my expenses and I had to insist that I pay my way .

Maybe your Mother would charge you a higher rate and make a profit out of you  , my mum would let me stay for free .

Me too, I wouldnt charge family rent  who came to stay with me .

Although I would accept if they insisted on paying their expenses, if they stayed long term 

My Mothers dead,but she would have not charge me anything if I returned home,

but I would insist ,she got a lot more than 3 quid a day,what is that supposed

to cover ?,

No wonder she's off on a Caribbean cruise with all the extra money coming in.

she must feel flush.

You say you went back to look after your Mum,but it seems she's the one looking

after you.

Regards Worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, worgeordie said:

My Mothers dead,but she would have not charge me anything if I returned home,

but I would insist ,she got a lot more than 3 quid a day,what is that supposed

to cover ?,

No wonder she's off on a Caribbean cruise with all the extra money coming in.

she must feel flush.

You say you went back to look after your Mum,but it seems she's the one looking

after you.

Regards Worgeordie

The 3 quid a day covers my expenses , gas ,electric and water .

They have little devices now that measure how much gas & electric you (I) used a day and the whole house uses less than 3 quid a day .

I did insist on paying double the suggested cost .

She was off on a Caribbean cruise regardless of whether I was here or not, as she goes every year .

In what way is my mum "looking after me" ? I can and do look after myself

• Like 1
12 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

You don't need to worry about NHS because you'll die of a coronary before you get to the emergency room.

Although it was quite probably more healthy than much of the Thai food in Thailand .

More oil and sugar in a Pad Thai than in that breakfast

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Well i suggest as you have a completely new start in a new Country a new forum name would make it complete..............bearing in mind Mommysboy has already been taken. 

Yet another condescending rude post from you .

I thought that you would be sympathetic towards my plight, considering that you are still out there living the dream in paradise 

12 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Oh come on SM you can’t expect to put this type of attention seeking stuff up without expecting some kind of leg pulling. 

No I live approx half my life in the U.K. which is why’s i know half of what you are saying is tosh. 

......It's your Mum I feel sympathy for btw not you. 

Everything that I have said is true and correct and nothing that I have posted has been "tosh"

My mum is pleased that I am back in the UK and wants me to stay and look after the house when shes away

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

There are females in every Country and most of us are able to get those, its just the people who could not get females in their own Country , that came to Thailand for Females

True on some counts. I had no trouble getting three oriental girlfriends back in the UK. Trouble is I wanted them all at the same time with room for a few more.

I could live quite happily back in the UK but not where my family lived for 30 odd years. That was a pooh hole. Since then they have all moved to more pleasant places and I was surprised to find on my last visit that I actually enjoyed myself.

However , there is the crippling cost of accommodation and utilities that make living there just to expensive so I'll stay here where I am equally content.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Denim said:

True on some counts. I had no trouble getting three oriental girlfriends back in the UK. Trouble is I wanted them all at the same time with room for a few more.

Yes, as you were not content with one female ,you moved to a place where you could have a different female every night .

If you cheat of GF's in the UK , they are likely to finish the relationship if and when they catch you .

In Thailand , cheating on partners is accepted as the norm 

• Sad 1
37 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Although it was quite probably more healthy than much of the Thai food in Thailand .

More oil and sugar in a Pad Thai than in that breakfast

I agree to much oil put in dishes that dont need oil, i agree that breakfast is  healthy in many ways,

beans (fiiber)

eggs   (Nutrition forget edwina)

bread(cereals good for you)

bacon and sausage (!)

what have i missed, 2 squirts of sauce  no harm there, so all in all a good start to the day.

Why are some saying that UK is now cheaper than Thailand? I am not from UK but this seems counter-intuitive to me. I see YouTube posts all the time where UK residents are claiming that "things" are cheaper in UK than Thailand. What's the truth on this??

Just now, KhunFred said:

Why are some saying that UK is now cheaper than Thailand? I am not from UK but this seems counter-intuitive to me. I see YouTube posts all the time where UK residents are claiming that "things" are cheaper in UK than Thailand. What's the truth on this??

Hi

It depends on what you are buying. Many grocery items are cheaper in the UK, perhaps that is what some of the YT posters are referring to. Some items are 3 to 4 times the price in Thailand than UK.

Accommodation is more expensive although in the Midlands and north there are some reasonably priced properties available.

Transport is more expensive generally, albeit of higher quality.

Much depends on how you live your life.

For me, my grocery bills would be lower in the UK.

Various other things would be more expensive.

Although no wish to start a debate on the UK NHS  health service, that is free.

A big plus for some.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

If you insist on eating imported food in Thailand the price is high. However I eat mostly delicious Thai food that isn't expensive. 

Nearly all food is made from the same (or similar) ingredients.

Learn to cook from scratch and everything becomes very cheap, no matter what nationalities cuisine you cook.

Bread flour and rice are the same price in Thailand (32bht/kg), ondinary flour is 2/3 that price.

I can have pancakes for breakfast, cheaper than rice soup.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

I dont think that’s true, well unless you want your balls cut off and/or they are shagging away too. 

Agreed. There is a big difference between a one night stand when you are young and single and a steady settled relationship.

I got it out of my system when I was young. Now I am married I wouldn't want to hurt the one I love and trust and have been with for 15 years.

Of all the Thais I know only two ever had a bit on the side and in both cases they later regretted it. Not half as common as people make out.

• Like 2
Just now, FredGallaher said:

If you insist on eating imported food in Thailand the price is high. However I eat mostly delicious Thai food that isn't expensive. 

I do not like most Thai food, I have tried even in supposedly good restaurants it has been poor.

Open to ideas on a " delicious" Thai dish though.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5