Post TM 30 petition tightening of the rules?

3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

No they will get all of the crap attitudes back in their faces. They want to treat us this way, then get prepared to have some big negativity come straight back at you. It is almost bordering on hatred now. 

What does this mean ?

28 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

So if you go out of the country for a day and return to the same address, you have to report on a TM30 within 24 hours? I have never been required to do that. If you have not changed your address and you reported the same address to immigration on entering the country then that address is registered with immigration as the address that you are staying at. If any other requirement is made it would be superfluous and an aggrevation to us tax paying residents.

I've never done it either, but T-I-T and things have gone off the rails in a crazy train...to paraphrase Ozzy...even more than usual. Crap is also being enforced which wasn't in the past. As everything inconsistent here in Land of Stooges...varies from office to office. Things are changing rapidly. I do not intend to do any, but I do expect to get fined again sometime. Probably next extension. Was fined here in BKK a few years back when I moved from Jomtien. Actually GF was fined...which equates to me being fined. I leave the country and re-enter 6 times/year and never have done one. Never even heard of this BS until I was fined. Haven't done one since. :bah:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That depends upon how someone interprets section 38. That is one reason for differences between immigration  offices.

Also it seems there is a mix up between what section 37 and section 38.

Saying a stay away from home for more than 24 hours is not mentioned in section 38.

Joe, under Thai logic what actually constitutes 24 hours.  e.g. At the end of this month I will travel from CM Province to TAC ( about 6 hours drive, arrive approx 5.00 p.m. ) stay in TAC that night for 1 night only, participate in a cycling race the next day. Depart TAC no later than 12 noon the same day as the race and return to CM Province later that afternoon.  Technically I will only be in TAC a maximum of 19 hours. So does that mean because of the overnight stay I have to lodge a TM30 upon return OR because it was less than 24 hours it won't be necessary to do so?

Please help.esp ubon joe. 

I live in bkk in a  room. I'mona retirement ext.landlord doesn't like doing tm30.im lucky if he will do it for me and he won't give receipt for me to show CW.

In fact  last year when i left thailand I got a Screenshot of the form he filled out.no receipt.

This June when I came back from uk I got a ok I will do it from him. ...nothing else. .I still have no idea if he's done it or not.  ..no Screenshot .no receipt.

I can't pressure him as he knows its farang 90% of time that gets the fine when we go to immigration office.

Now the rules have changed I read that even a trip to pattaya will involve a tm30 when I get back to bkk.

Landord won't be giving me him log in and password to the website for me to do it. And he can't be bothered with tm30.

Can I go to CW on Monday morning after a trip within thailand or abroad and do a tm30.by myself? ??????

I don't have the landlord I'D number or blue book or whatever it is called. ...I simply want to fill out a tm30 on paper  in CW myself and register me back in my room....without a fine or they telling me to get landlord to do it. .

I don't care if I spend all day on a Monday in CW doing it...simply can I get a tm30  receipt in my hand if I go to CW with my passport and room contract and tm7 and no details of my landlord which he won't give me even if I asked.

Please help. .I've had enough of this tm30  nonsense

5 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

Joe, under Thai logic what actually constitutes 24 hours.  e.g. At the end of this month I will travel from CM Province to TAC ( about 6 hours drive, arrive approx 5.00 p.m. ) stay in TAC that night for 1 night only, participate in a cycling race the next day. Depart TAC no later than 12 noon the same day as the race and return to CM Province later that afternoon.  Technically I will only be in TAC a maximum of 19 hours. So does that mean because of the overnight stay I have to lodge a TM30 upon return OR because it was less than 24 hours it won't be necessary to do so?

Just staying in another province does not automatically mean you need to do a TM30 report.

If you are staying in a hotel and they do a TM30 report would cause you to need to do a TM30 report.

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Just staying in another province does not automatically mean you need to do a TM30 report.

If you are staying in a hotel and they do a TM30 report would cause you to need to do a TM30 report.

Thanks Joe, that's what I suspected, but nice to get some clarification. Will also check with my District IMM Office to see if that is all they require.

18 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

it will be regretful, as all future holiday destinations are not going to be in Thailand until they abolish this domestically, i.e. I would rather spend my holiday money in another country who doesn't treat me like a criminal.

if you prefer to have your holidays in another country than Thailand, just do it.

Some Thais( hotels, restaurants...) will be financially hurt by your decision.  

Pretty sure Immigration won't care at all.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Nardniles said:

Please help.esp ubon joe. 

I live in bkk in a  room. I'mona retirement ext.landlord doesn't like doing tm30.im lucky if he will do it for me and he won't give receipt for me to show CW.

In fact  last year when i left thailand I got a Screenshot of the form he filled out.no receipt.

This June when I came back from uk I got a ok I will do it from him. ...nothing else. .I still have no idea if he's done it or not.  ..no Screenshot .no receipt.

I can't pressure him as he knows its farang 90% of time that gets the fine when we go to immigration office.

Now the rules have changed I read that even a trip to pattaya will involve a tm30 when I get back to bkk.

Landord won't be giving me him log in and password to the website for me to do it. And he can't be bothered with tm30.

Can I go to CW on Monday morning after a trip within thailand or abroad and do a tm30.by myself? ??????

I don't have the landlord I'D number or blue book or whatever it is called. ...I simply want to fill out a tm30 on paper  in CW myself and register me back in my room....without a fine or they telling me to get landlord to do it. .

I don't care if I spend all day on a Monday in CW doing it...simply can I get a tm30  receipt in my hand if I go to CW with my passport and room contract and tm7 and no details of my landlord which he won't give me even if I asked.

Please help. .I've had enough of this tm30  nonsense

Joe could confirm this, but IMO if you submit a TM28 then you have met the requirement of notifying a change of address. Then if the landlord refuses to do a TM30m then he should be the one who gets the fine as you've already notified your change of address. Remember Imm consider an overnight stay somewhere and then a return to your usual address to be 2 changes of address. Sounds dumb, but that's Thai logic for you.

Edited by TigerandDog
correction
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, elviajero said:

Section 37 has nothing to do with TM.30 reporting (section 38).

However, if you leave the country your stay ends. When you return the address reporting laws kick in as if it were your first ever visit. A TM.30 is without question required -- in law -- if you leave and return to the country.

That is daft, there people that are here on 'VISA's and must do a out and in every 90 days, some live not far from a border crossing and in and out and back home within a hour or so...  They must do a TM 30  again ?

From time to time go to visit friends for a day = 8 - 10 hours overnight on a VIP bus, spend the day and return bus leaving @ 9 pm  = arrive home around 09:00  so have been away from home 40 + hours..   where do you report that you have not been at your home address for over the 24 hours ?

4 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Just can hope they are told to change the law

They won't  change the law why should they? The only things on can do is to pay the fine and move on with their life. 

Edited by onera1961