Foreign house owner and guest house manager fined for not reporting foreigners within 24 hours

webfact

When a Thai ( or any other nationality ) has cleared UK immigration then they are free to move around the country without hindrance. 
They do NOT have to make a report or fill in any immigration forms every time they change location.
The only countries that pursue such policies are dictatorships in one form or another, nothing to be proud of.
But Thais who want to live in the UK have to pay extortionate visa fees, have to pass different levels of English tests, pay a NHS surcharge, have a TB test and pass the ludicrous Life in the UK test. Expats in Thailand have it easy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes, hospitals should file a TM30. Not sure about jails!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

And  I wonder  when/if the reports of being fined for not paying it by the "patient" as  opposed to the hospital  will occur? Bound to crop up sometime soon, cue man in bed covered in bandages  holding up the tm30  paper.

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

In my country, you can come for 30 day with no document at all. 

So more than 20 pages of document for two day holiday to your country.

AND must pay for Visa application

AND no refund if they reject visa application

because they ASSUME I liar and criminal.

i think more easy just to do the easy one page TM30. (And the hotel do it for 98%)

Or not? 

I happy to change. I do the free TM30 and you do 20 pages and pay. Ok?

Good try. But I am not from the UK.

Edited by Misterwhisper
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Just a thought, if you are in hospital does the hospital file a TM30? what about jail at a police station?

Apparently so and you are charged extra for the service in the hospital.Don't know about the gaol but one would presume the Thai government would know that you are there but maybe not as their systems are not linked so the gaol might still incur a fine.

18 minutes ago, Chazar said:

Even though MANY Thais are a flight risk such as in Korea where hundreds  of thousands are  illegally  working according to Korea,  compared to the "western" migrants to Thailand who on the whole can support themselves financially, cannot  use  a  free health system or work its comical.

The best a foreigner might expect to get for nothing in Thailand could be free food in a temple (possibly). In a truly developed country there are far more opportunities 

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

They are never going to scrap the TM 30, it's a nice earner for them,

the fines are even bigger than most of the fines been handed out on

the roads,it's always more dangerous not knowing where you are,

than going through a red light

regards worgeordie

How can it be a nice earner for them ?!?    Up to You. Make sure to do Your TM 30 Yourself or the host. Very easy !!

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

The best a foreigner might expect to get for nothing in Thailand could be free food in a temple (possibly). In a truly developed country there are far more opportunities 

and hence that need for the visa  process in the uk,  although that UK (life in the UK) test is  just total BS useless unnecessary carp nonsense.

Whats was Henry the 8ths first Wifes poodle called?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, joecoolfrog said:

I may be wrong but the impression I ( and it appears many others ) got was that she seemed to think such policies were standard outside Thailand.

Consequently she was either thoroughly misinformed or being an apologist for the state's xenophobia.

If the later case is correct she deserved the condemnation she recieved.

Im not going mad  at all then...hoorahhh

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

For 1 report of official fine, hundreds of unofficial fines that get into the officer pockets. This immigration policy is a god send jackpot for the officers. 

This policy is not a godsend. Its a pain and creates loads of unnecessary work for IOs. They do not make a profit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaipod said:

So now with visa free Chinese and Indians flocking into the country staying in apartments and condos and relatives going to submitting TM30

Many of those Chinese  are buying condos  now and renting them out and are absent landlords  with ZERO interest in doing a TM30 for their tenants.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

...and when that figure, from those who are required to submit TM30s, turns out to be insignificant what would you do?

The figures are not insignificant !

Immigrants and tourists are recognised world wide as an important resource. This applies even more so in countries ( such as Thailand ) who offer minimal state benefits , its a win win !

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Billpro785 said:

Still confused on this TM30 Leasing a house in Kanchanaburi for 6 months. So every time  I leave and come back I have to file the TM 30 ? or will the landlord file ? 

When you arrive in Kanchanaburi the owner who leased out the house to you must file the TM30 in Kanchanaburi within 24 hours.

Once you return to Bangkok (or wherever you live) you must file yet another TM30 within 24 hours (provided you are the owner of the property).