Britain's Queen could be asked to suspend parliament on Wednesday: BBC journalist

webfact

1 hour ago, Brigand said:

There is a good reason why proroguing parliament exists and is possible and it looks like/could be argued that the UK is heading for a situation where it's needed. Johnson is just playing the remainers plus EU at their own game, who incidentally, were more than willing to try to take over parliament from an elected government whilst the Speaker just makes it up as he goes along (that's called a coup). Perhaps all those that are whinging should look up why this possibility is an option. Secondly, it's the Queen that suspends parliament and she can't be taken to court as all crimes are against the Crown ... hence why the CPS is called that. I am aware that the rabid anti-UK brigade will have a hissy-fit at all this.

Well said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Whats your point?

Just heard a Tory Brexiteer worried that BoJo is going to steamroller what appears to a backstopless (more or less) tweaked WA through parliament. This isn't the Brexit you have dreamed about for 3 years after you punched the air way back so you will have lost as will we all. Farage is starting to lob a few grenades BoJo's way as well. I'll settle for that if that's what he gets. But will you Brexiteers who are lauding his cunning and command of power if it goes that way. As long as he kills you lot off metaphorically I will give him a hip hip. Anyway back top your wet dream No Deal and a crumbling pound if that keeps you happy....

One thing Boris ain't is stupid and he well knows that No Deal is the most stupidest and destructive act since the war -so he won't do it. But has played a blinder with the EU and now the Brexiteer numbskulls. Don't worry when it happens we will dance on your Brexit grave  -drive a stake through it's heart and scheme how we can get back in in time. Which will be the Swiss/Norway model - lauded by Farage at the time I seem to remember.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, DannyCarlton said:

Not speculation all recent polls have shown that the majority are not in favour of a no deal brexit.

If you're so shure, why not have a confirmatory vote? No deal vs remain?

Recent polls, ha ha ha, I'll stick with the definitive referendum result thanks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Just heard a Tory Brexiteer worried that BoJo is going to steamroller what appears to a backstopless (more or less) tweaked WA through parliament. This isn't the Brexit you have dreamed about for 3 years after you punched the air way back so you will have lost as will we all. Farage is starting to lob a few grenades BoJo's way as well. I'll settle for that if that's what he gets. But will you Brexiteers who are lauding his cunning and command of power if it goes that way. As long as he kills you lot off metaphorically I will give him a hip hip. Anyway back top your wet dream No Deal and a crumbling pound if that keeps you happy....

One thing Boris ain't is stupid and he well knows that No Deal is the most stupidest and destructive act since the war -so he won't do it. But has played a blinder with the EU and now the Brexiteer numbskulls. Don't worry when it happens we will dance on your Brexit grave  -drive a stake through it's heart and scheme how we can get back in in time. Which will be the Swiss/Norway model - lauded by Farage at the time I seem to remember.

You and I don't know what Boris knows or doesn't know. BOJO can't steamroller anything with his majority of one. But him offering that rubbish WA with a tweaked backstop may be a possibility, I agree, sadly. 

However, I wouldn't celebrate too much yet. And if you dance anything like Theresa May, all the occupants of the cemetery will rise up and spook you to eternity. ????  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JamesBlond said:

And how many voted to listen to that kind of pathetic caviling? The result was OUT, no conditions attached.

Should have got out two years ago with zero fuss, but we put a woman in charge - there's a lesson for everyone.

Racist, sexist - the brexiteer CV gets better and better …..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Bit harsh - not a single brexiteer has taken responsibility for the pound plunge (cos its happened in Australia as well apparently!) - albeit a subject brexiteers avoid like the plague so you shouldn't be blaming them apparently !

One eminent, but ineligible, brexiteer on here even claimed its RISING yesterday !! 

Ohhh good opportunity for the 21st time now to ask a brexiteer why the pound isn't rising given their well costed, researched and universally acclaimed new dawn ? ……..

Correction: the pound plunged at 0936 GMT due to PM Proroguing Parliament announcement & since then has returned at lunchtime.

Balanced facts please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Handsome Gardener said:

Bit harsh - not a single brexiteer has taken responsibility for the pound plunge (cos its happened in Australia as well apparently!) - albeit a subject brexiteers avoid like the plague so you shouldn't be blaming them apparently !

One eminent, but ineligible, brexiteer on here even claimed its RISING yesterday !! 

Ohhh good opportunity for the 21st time now to ask a brexiteer why the pound isn't rising given their well costed, researched and universally acclaimed new dawn ? ……..

perhaps its because the "markets"[the shiny arsed spivs in the city]have sniffed an earner because of the pucker factor championed by the remainers

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, citybiker said:

Correction: the pound plunged at 0936 GMT due to PM Proroguing Parliament announcement & since then has returned at lunchtime.

Balanced facts please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll make do with facts. It hasn't recovered.

image.png.36d63841f4c1951c82eb22bead496c6a.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1