Swedish teen climate activist arrives in New York by boat for U.N. summit

webfact

Just now, ivor bigun said:

Come on lets face it she isnt sailing the boat ,she is a passenger ,its the crew sailing it ,then flying back ,are they going to plant some trees to make up for their carbon footprint? Lol

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

yep theyre  gonna  plant them right in the  middle of the Atlantic

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

The only problem I have about the money issue is that it is very easy and simple to deny yourself something when you know in your heart that it is just temporary. Try to sacrifice simple conveniences when you are having trouble putting the next meal on the table. A vast difference.

Someone living hand to mouth does not have the resources to push any issue in a global sense. Using wealth and privilidge for good is biblically enshrined.

Edited by mikebike
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Chazar said:

good  luck back there in the stone  age but I dont want that.

Now  how did they make that boat exactly, was it grown from reeds, any plastics used in it?

I race on a boat without conveniences... it's fun. Stripping a boat down increases speed and efficiencies.

45 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Yes. This kid is just like Bill Gates. Using money and privilidge to help people and the planet. Why don't they stop, shut up, and just consume like good citizens.

They do consume and way more than you and I will do on a daily basis. As far as the girl is concerned imo  she was being used and it's despicable that it's for big enviro businesses. At least Mr Gates is marching to his own drumbeat, but I just wish that when he was in Thailand he would of complained of the tm 30 instead of the wire issue, could of saved a lot of bleating.. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mikebike said:

Someone living hand to mouth does not have the resources to push any issue in a global sense. Using wealth and privilidge for good is biblically enshrined.

The push from her and her puppeteers had the opposite effect on me, soon as I got some background I tuned out. For every rich man in the bible there's thousands of unmentioned slaves, imo it's not such a great era to quote from or celebrate (unless you were one of the bill gates lol) 

Edited by from the home of CC
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, simonjeffrey said:

Stupid manipulated little girl

Stupid manipulated little girl?  With 1.2 million followers on Twitter, the worlds press fighting to interview her and making headlines in most of the serious newspapers worldwide.  She motivated 20,000 school students in 270 cities to take part in student strikes.

Maybe you could tell us what your CV looks like Simon?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, quadperfect said:

At first glance i thought she did a solo crossing on her yacht. But nope another hugely funded yacht and so for me the magic ended after reading about her crew.

i could care less. Now had she sailed solo like so many before her i would be interested in her voice.

So what you say is that what she try to spread is of no interest as long she not sail the atlantic alone. I have just three words for you. You are miserable.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Don't forget all the plastic water bottles she brought along too. 

Hypocrisy personified. 

Please, show the relevanse of what you said or just take it back if you can or dare. I guess you are not able to anything of that6.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Despite which global temperatures are establishing new records. July 2019 was the warmest month ever recorded. June 2019 was the warmest June ever recorded. The last 5 years are the 5 warmest years ever recorded

Total CLAPTRAP, I think ...no, I  know, the earth has been way  hotter, YOU are  talking very very VERY recent history.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

what? that is the world you want to live in.

walking to the restaurant? food trucked in? will your shower be hot?

what is your boat made out of? was it designed on a computer? where does the electricity come from? all hand built? no power tools? did you use a GPS? how did the magic satellites get up in the air? are you flying back home? do you use the internet? 

I have until now relly like to read your posts, but know you are really missing the point.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Stupid manipulated little girl?  With 1.2 million followers on Twitter, the worlds press fighting to interview her and making headlines in most of the serious newspapers worldwide.  She motivated 20,000 school students in 270 cities to take part in student strikes.

Maybe you could tell us what your CV looks like Simon?

She didn't do that. Whoever put her up to it did! The question is who are they and what are they getting out of it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RickBradford said:

It isn't her message.

Her public pronouncements are being managed as carefully as a drone strike, by a group of career climate activists, notably Jennifer Morgan, who has worked with Greenpeace, WWF, Third Generation Environmentalism, US Climate Action Network, European Business Council for Sustainable Energy, New Climate Economy etc etc.

The unfortunate Greta is being used as a human shield to push extreme environmental policies which she probably barely understands, whose every utterance is the second-hand opinion of alarmist grown-ups whose doomsday claims she is completely unequipped to assess.

Mere emotional blackmail from the "progressive" Green/Left. It's what they do.

And you say that you undestand if it is a problem or not? Sorry, but Iam in doubt of that.

2 minutes ago, Parsve said:

You have miss the point. It is not the sailing that is here goal , it is her message.

I think you are missing the point, because her real message is , look how I'm being used by the politics.

In my country she encouraged another team ( Anuna de wever ), who was also supposed to sail the the US, but that team has fell apart about a week ago.

Reason because, regardless of how here is claimed that they are loved by their own generation for the message they promote, in reality they were disgusted by their own generation.

After a BIG failure and abuse at a very popular pop festival 2 weeks, they finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel and threw in the towel.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, RickBradford said:

It isn't her message.

Her public pronouncements are being managed as carefully as a drone strike, by a group of career climate activists, notably Jennifer Morgan, who has worked with Greenpeace, WWF, Third Generation Environmentalism, US Climate Action Network, European Business Council for Sustainable Energy, New Climate Economy etc etc.

The unfortunate Greta is being used as a human shield to push extreme environmental policies which she probably barely understands, whose every utterance is the second-hand opinion of alarmist grown-ups whose doomsday claims she is completely unequipped to assess.

Mere emotional blackmail from the "progressive" Green/Left. It's what they do.

But you as a grown up of course perfectly well knows those things better? Greta have never asked for people to listening to here or for help with money in this subject. The only thing she have said is, politicans, please listen to the researchers and the experts and give my generation a chance.  She get supports from seveal instances, not in money, but for the idea. If you can not support that it only shows that you only think of your own wellfare, not the comming generations and where that put you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, evadgib said:

She didn't do that. Whoever put her up to it did! The question is who are they and what are they getting out of it?

The answer is very simple, she started it up by her self and then get supported of thiousands of, mostly youngsters, all of the world, that just like her, asked for a fair life for their generation. What is the wrong in that?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ThePioneer said:

I think you are missing the point, because her real message is , look how I'm being used by the politics.

In my country she encouraged another team ( Anuna de wever ), who was also supposed to sail the the US, but that team has fell apart about a week ago.

Reason because, regardless of how here is claimed that they are loved by their own generation for the message they promote, in reality they were disgusted by their own generation.

After a BIG failure and abuse at a very popular pop festival 2 weeks, they finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel and threw in the towel.

Sorry, but I do not know who or what Anuna de wever is and what it have to do with the subject, but still Greta´s point was not the boat trip but the message.