The future of Soi 6 from today on?

watcharacters

9 hours ago, VBF said:

But what do you mean by "managers requiring man drinks"? Care to  elucidate?

There is a group of bars on the 6, where the male (often western) managers are also on commission drinks, just like the girls.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Chivas said:

Originally I genuinely thought it was some geezer having a laugh but turned out people were buying the guy(s) in the bars a beer just as friendly gesture as you do on occasions for owners/managers only to find out later that its priced as Ladydrinks so the male manager gets a commission hence "man drinks"

An absolute Pixx take and ever since only have been down Soi 6 once and certainly will never go into this crew from nightwish outlets etc. Totally ruined the Soi. To be fair time marches on but what I object to is these guys who think they invented the place. Will be many on Thaivisa that were drinking down Soi 6 before these Bozos were even born. Sooo big headed with it as well which always ends badly. Just a matter of time

Now I must be naive 'cos I didn't know about this "man drink" scam. As it happens, I don't know any of the managers well enough to buy him a drink but I see what you mean - it could turn a punter's generosity against him! Personally, the only people I would buy drinks for in the 6 would be me, any mates I was with, me, any ladies for whom I choose to buy ....and me. Did I mention me? ???? 

You're right though - we are the "grumpy old men of Soi 6" - sadly, "fings ain't wot they used to be"

Oh and thanks  @jacko45k

Edited by VBF
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

So I was pretty close with 'Deathwish' after all.

Well, they will have to be a little careful because there are some Soi 6 style bars with ST rooms upstairs popping up around the place.  I don't mean massage shops with upstairs rooms, I mean a Soi 6 style bar, but just not in Soi 6. 

41 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I don't think it's being grumpy to talk about change, especially if you think it's negative change.  I've already voiced my opinion about the deafening music in some of the Nightwish bars.

The Nightwish Group own that many bars on Soi 6 now that practically every visitor to Soi 6 gets a "Soi 6 according to Nightwish" experience.  

The problem with this is, the Nightwish bars all end up being similar, and the whole Soi eventually loses character, because there is not a variety in the way different bars are managed.

The other issue is, and I don't think they are far from it, once they knock out all the competition by buying all the bars, watch the prices go through the roof. 

If prices go through the roof just go elsewhere, plenty of choice, personally I'm not a fan of soi 6 anyway

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Leaver said:

The other issue is, and I don't think they are far from it, once they knock out all the competition by buying all the bars, watch the prices go through the roof. 

Whats happens though if City Hall "knock out" soi 6 for some reason. The complete collpase of the group.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Their fake blokeyness, bluff and bravado is easily countered by telling them, "Listen up son, I've probably spilled more seed down this hallowed Soi than any beer you've drunk so go and talk to someone who gives a flying monkey's."

Unless you haven't spilled that much seed of course, then you'd be making things up and just as bad as they are.

Gallons of it mate!! ????  But you do need to be careful using multisyllabic words to some of these guys - you might be responsible for a brain explosion! 

Seriously, I'm led to believe that Nightwish now owns 2 bars on Soi Chaiyaphum (ak Soi Pothole). I think, Orange and/or Blue bars, though I'd be pleased to be corrected if I'm wrong.  

Edited by VBF

8 minutes ago, VBF said:

Gallons of it mate!! ????  But you do need to be careful using multisyllabic words to some of these guys - you might be responsible for a brain explosion! 

Seriously, I'm led to believe that Nightwish now owns 2 bars on Soi Chaiyaphum (ak Soi Pothole). I think, Orange and/or Blue bars, though I'd be pleased to be corrected if I'm wrong.  

4 now I believe.

Good luck to anyone who runs bars in this town these days.

There are some great sucess stories but less each year

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, VBF said:

2 bars on Soi Chaiyaphum (ak Soi Pothole). I think, Orange and/or Blue bars, though I'd be pleased to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Three, include Annie Bar. Also a couple of places in Bongkot.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Chivas said:

Whats happens though if City Hall "knock out" soi 6 for some reason. The complete collpase of the group.

I would suppose if that's City Hall's plan, all the bars with expired leases would go onto month to month leases, until all leases have expired, and then the Thai owners can do a multi billion baht deal with a large company for development.

The other option is, once they have all the bars, and that's appears not far away, they will up their prices, so they can then afford to pay off authorities in City Hall.

Or, they have been told from high up in City Hall that development will definitely go ahead, and are picking leases up for cheap, and making a quick baht, whilst purchasing elsewhere around Central Pattaya.

Where does this development of Soi 6 information come from?

8 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I would suppose if that's City Hall's plan, all the bars with expired leases would go onto month to month leases, until all leases have expired, and then the Thai owners can do a multi billion baht deal with a large company for development.

The other option is, once they have all the bars, and that's appears not far away, they will up their prices, so they can then afford to pay off authorities in City Hall.

Or, they have been told from high up in City Hall that development will definitely go ahead, and are picking leases up for cheap, and making a quick baht, whilst purchasing elsewhere around Central Pattaya.

Where does this development of Soi 6 information come from?

Been mentioned for years as I'd imagine its prime spot for Hotel development, Who knows for sure

If I was any bar owner on Soi 6 I'd be more concerned about the zoning next year

On 1/13/2020 at 9:21 AM, Leaver said:

Well, they will have to be a little careful because there are some Soi 6 style bars with ST rooms upstairs popping up around the place.  I don't mean massage shops with upstairs rooms, I mean a Soi 6 style bar, but just not in Soi 6. 

yup quite a few new gents clubs popping up everywhere recently ????

On 1/15/2020 at 12:49 AM, JamieLambo said:

yup quite a few new gents clubs popping up everywhere recently ????

True, but gentlemen's clubs are not exactly Soi 6 style bars. 

There are some bars popping up around Central Pattaya that are operating the same way as Soi 6 bars, but are not on Soi 6.