The future of Soi 6 from today on?

watcharacters

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

With over 20 something bars on Soi 6, I would shutter to think of their rent bill each month, let alone, staff salaries, electric, tea money etc.  That's a lot of alcohol and short time room hire, across ALL of their bars, before even 1 baht has been made in profit. 

Only an absolute cretin of the highest order would locate 20 plus bar in one Soi that could be wiped out with a stroke of the pen by City Hall for a myriad of reasons at a moments notice. Zoning next year will do it anyway

Its the absolute basics of business namely diversification

Edited by Chivas
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Only an absolute cretin of the highest order would locate 20 plus bar in one Soi that could be wiped out with a stroke of the pen by City Hall for a myriad of reasons at a moments notice. Zoning next year will do it anyway

Its the absolute basics of business namely diversification

Mmmm, a little like the way many foreigners have structured their property "ownership" here.  Alas, off topic.  ????

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 3:52 PM, DaRoadrunner said:

Thais love noise. Their hearing pain threshold is obviously higher than ours. I asked a bar manager if she could turn it down. She replied that if I did not like it I should go somewhere else...... Customer and money going out the door, never to return. Will they ever learn?

dont fight it or fix it. just leave ????

• Like 2

On 9/1/2019 at 7:17 AM, Matzzon said:

I sincerely hope you are joking! Iconic slice of Pattaya? Since when does the sleazy bar and bargirl scene become iconic. Must only be iconic to the ones that degrade themself to frequently indulge inthe forever boozing and eating a piece of flesh a couple of times a week. So, as asummary. We should be very sad if the sex expat and the sex tourist are leaving Thailand. As I said, you must be joking.

Thailand in general and Pattaya in particular has nothing worthwhile to offer anymore except whores. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, freethinker said:

Thailand in general and Pattaya in particular has nothing worthwhile to offer anymore except whores. 

Surely, that is worthwhile in itself.

Accepted that there are whores in most places, Pattaya does tend to have more per sqm.

53 minutes ago, freethinker said:

Thailand's tourism industry has taken the p*ss out of the tourists for decades, for everything from taxis to wine.

The whores are the only thing left in Thailand that functions on free market forces for tourists, that being supply and demand.

With filthy beach water, scams, corruption, failing infrastructure, and unfriendly locals etc, there is some truth to what you say.

Pattaya, not necessarily Thailand, should have stuck to what it was good at, and what made it famous, and what used to bring in the 2 week millionaires, and that was the whores.   

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, fhickson said:

why are you still here then? have a nice time in australia.

What are you burbling about fella ?? 

Out of interest only the terminally dim witted would visit Soi 6 as the sole reason to come to Thailand. Try wearing your T shirt shorts and flip flops 2kms out of Pattaya in any direction and see how you get on.

Edited by Chivas
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Chivas said:

What are you burbling about fella ?? 

Out of interest only the terminally dim witted would visit Soi 6 as the sole reason to come to Thailand. Try wearing your T shirt shorts and flip flops 2kms out of Pattaya in any direction and see how you get on.

I always with flip flops, shorts and t-shirt all over Thailand do u reckon its underdressed?

On 12/26/2019 at 8:20 AM, Chivas said:

We went to those bars in Bongkot in November. They were pretty awful but yes I know that chunk of land you were talking about. Very sizeable but no chance of a Soi 6 relocation as too far off beaten track (we had hard job to find it) and would be costly chartering baht bus there and back every time (doubt you'd get one back we walked)

I love the Soi Bongkot 8 bars (Bongkot is the main road, that soi is Soi 8 )

I love them because they're a little tucked away and unlike Soi 6, blokes go to fulfill a purpose, not just wander around. The whole closed door thing really appeals to me - a lot more "happens" in these bars than in the open Soi 6 bars if you get my drift.

As for being off the beaten track, that's another plus - you have to want to find them and get your reward. ???? And I usually stay around Soi Lengke and it's only a 10 minute walk (or 15 minute stroll if you prefer)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VBF said:

I love them because they're a little tucked away and unlike Soi 6, blokes go to fulfill a purpose, not just wander around. The whole closed door thing really appeals to me - a lot more "happens" in these bars than in the open Soi 6 bars if you get my drift.

As for being off the beaten track, that's another plus - you have to want to find them and get your reward. ???? And I usually stay around Soi Lengke and it's only a 10 minute walk (or 15 minute stroll if you prefer)

the further out and more hidden you are the better

• Like 2

12 hours ago, VBF said:

Yep fair play VBF....

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2020 at 8:44 AM, fhickson said:

the further out and more hidden you are the better

Soi Bongkot is not that far.

If Central Festival is the center of Central Pattaya, Soi Bongkot is probably closer to it than than Soi 6. 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 11:56 PM, VBF said:

old birds in there most likely. The further out the older they get, look at the dark side, It's like Jurassic Park

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

old birds in there most likely. The further out the older they get, look at the dark side, It's like Jurassic Park

Some of us are partial to MILFs and Cougars! (Just sayin'......) ????

19 hours ago, VBF said:

Some of us are partial to MILFs and Cougars! (Just sayin'......) ????

Well, they say there is no substitute for experience, and those <deleted>'s and Cougars have a lottttttttttttt of experience.  ????

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zikomat said:

Will I miss soi 6? Not a second

Used to love the place for an afternoon run but sadly its a shadow of its former self because of these open fronted drinking bars with managers requiring man drinks

5 hours ago, Chivas said:

Used to love the place for an afternoon run but sadly its a shadow of its former self because of these open fronted drinking bars with managers requiring man drinks

Me too @Chivas  - I could sometimes be found on "The 6" several afternoons a week. Actually, the way it USED to be from about 2-6PM is how it is NOW at 10PM. That's to say the girls will drag you inside, it's a party atmosphere  and just wonderful sleazy fun...and we do like a bit of sleaze! ????   (This is based on April 2019, by the way)

My theory (NOT based on any inside info) is that the authorities threatened to shut things down in daylight hours unless "certain behaviour" stopped, but after dark, they let it slide. The fact that most bars are owned by one organisation hints at a little persuasion going on....allegedly, of course! ????

I do know that at 1AM the police pay a visit and everything shuts immediately. So now, afternoons are boring - the girls just stare at their phones but it livens considerably up at night whereas in the past, the opposite was true.

The open-fronted bars are, I agree, not good - oh for the days of the old King Kong, My Friend You, etc.

But what do you mean by "managers requiring man drinks"? Care to  elucidate?

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 11:56 PM, VBF said:

... As for being off the beaten track, that's another plus - you have to want to find them and get your reward. ???? And I usually stay around Soi Lengke and it's only a 10 minute walk (or 15 minute stroll if you prefer)

Desperate men will do desperate things including using bizarre rationale to cover their desperatio. Like when asked why they walked to the whorehouse instead of using a motocycle taxi, they claim, "I needed the exercise anyway."

• Haha 1