The future of Soi 6 from today on?

watcharacters

11 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Who would put money into any place here now, in the current economic climate?

Read The Lion Pub closure thread.  The lease holder renovated 6 months ago, apparently, the landlord must have thought he would not walk away, after paying for a renovation, so put the rent up, and the lease holder shut the doors.  

The indians are doing what the falang did before, falang opened bars, indians opened restaurants, maybe that's drying up though. Not sensible to open a bar now but that doesn't usually stop people

• Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 8:56 AM, NanLaew said:

The 'older and fatter' ones that are still coming back squat in mostly empty bars wondering why the 'older and fatter' girls prefer to chat with their younger boyfriends on smartphones instead of rubbing the old goats crotches, whispering lies in their hair-tufted ears and sewing fantasies of a coming night to remember that aint gonna happen.

But I'll stop there. I don't want to be guilty of spoiling your surprise.

that was a rough read ????

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

There's a sizeable block of land next to some existing gentleman's clubs on Soi Bongkot.  Still, it wouldn't fit as many bars as Soi 6.  

There's actually no need for Soi 6 to be so close to the beach, and any rezoning would take into account water views for a big hotel or condo block. 

The issue that effects Soi Bongkot is it's not on a baht bus route, where Soi 6 is. 

We went to those bars in Bongkot in November. They were pretty awful but yes I know that chunk of land you were talking about. Very sizeable but no chance of a Soi 6 relocation as too far off beaten track (we had hard job to find it) and would be costly chartering baht bus there and back every time (doubt you'd get one back we walked)

Edited by Chivas

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The indians are doing what the falang did before, falang opened bars, indians opened restaurants, maybe that's drying up though. Not sensible to open a bar now but that doesn't usually stop people

The farang opened bars.  The Indians are washing money.   

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

We went to those bars in Bongkot in November. They were pretty awful but yes I know that chunk of land you were talking about. Very sizeable but no chance of a Soi 6 relocation as too far off beaten track (we had hard job to find it) and would be costly chartering baht bus there and back every time (doubt you'd get one back we walked)

I agree, but if Soi 6 was to relocate, due to rezoning, that area was my first thought.  Other than there, I really can't think where else a Soi 6 strip could go.

There are Soi 6 style bars scattered around.  Maybe they will break up Soi 6 and have these type of short time places spread out around Central Pattaya, and not concentrated on one Soi.

8 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

I have read better detailed field reports ????.

Anyway what made you decide to drink elsewhere?

None of the bars were inviting, the <deleted> music was blaring and the girls were average, pointless sitting there. Walking street later which is more up my street

• Like 2

On 9/2/2019 at 11:26 PM, bronzedude said:

Every town in Thailand should have a Soi 6. Oh, wait a minute--every town does.

IMHO , I  prefer the older lady bar , late teens .

Soi 8 , that will do nicely .

However , that said , no one is perfect , customers choice ...

Edited by elliss

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

None of the bars were inviting, the <deleted> music was blaring and the girls were average, pointless sitting there. Walking street later which is more up my street

Never had a problem in Soi 6. While on WS it is not so safe.

Photo brings back happy memories of Soi 6.

More pics here

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNRbbBz5NwfLNLj7JDfOMrMKwafbPg:1577367446583&q=photos+of+girls+soi+6&tbm=isch&source=univ&client=firefox-b-d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjlxdXSt9PmAhWdH7cAHc6XDNYQ7Al6BAgIECQ&biw=1366&bih=613#imgrc=TgrjURTJc0vL2M:

bargirls-hostesses-soi-6.jpg

Edited by DaRoadrunner

Old battle axes, past their. Prime. What guys see In this place is well beyond me. Gotta have pretty low standards to go there. 

But then again, it's pattaya.

i wonder of Brian flowers is still looking for people to invest in this wonderful opportunity?

Edited by Ron jeremy
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Old battle axes, past their. Prime. What guys see In this place is well beyond me. Gotta have pretty low standards to go there. 

But then again, it's pattaya.

i wonder of Brian flowers is still looking for people to invest in this wonderful opportunity?

Soi 6 doesn't seem to be doing as well as reported. Always empty of customers when i pass

• Like 1

On 12/26/2019 at 11:21 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I don't need the bar to be so inviting, nor do I require the girls to be models, but if the staff can't even hear my drink order, because the music is so loud, then I get up walk out.

I don't know why The Nightwish Group managers, if you can call them that, insist on music that is so uncomfortably loud. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

I don't need the bar to be so inviting, nor do I require the girls to be models, but if the staff can't even hear my drink order, because the music is so loud, then I get up walk out.

I don't know why The Nightwish Group managers, if you can call them that, insist on music that is so uncomfortably loud. 

It's so loud because it needs to drown out any thoughts of 'what am I doing here?'

In truth I think the girls decide the music levels for the most part & we all know the old policy of playing music even louder because the bar is empty to 'encourage' us deaf old fellas to come in

There is a misconception that loud music means having fun, often the opposite is true

The bars with the super loud music lose my custom. 

I like all types of music, from many different eras, but when it's that loud I have to go outside so the staff can hear my drink order, I just keep walking. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

There is a misconception that loud music means having fun, often the opposite is true

the idea is it attracts attention from people walking down the soi or the main connecting street like beach road

Edited by fhickson

On 12/29/2019 at 7:52 PM, fhickson said:

the idea is it attracts attention from people walking down the soi or the main connecting street like beach road

We all know what attracts people's attention when walking down Soi 6, and it's not the volume of the music.  ????

I can understand a certain level of volume, for a party atmosphere, and for privacy for customers who are talking to the girls, but when it's so loud that it sends the party to another bar, and you can't even chat with the girls, then that is simply not good for business.

• Like 2

On 12/29/2019 at 1:19 AM, Leaver said:

Because they're just short of brain dead thats why..... Soi has been completely destroyed and thats why there are plenty of gawpers but no takers anymore

They are hemorrhaging money at a colossal rate but no different to any boozer thats empty anywhere in Pattaya

11 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Because they're just short of brain dead thats why..... Soi has been completely destroyed and thats why there are plenty of gawpers but no takers anymore

They are hemorrhaging money at a colossal rate but no different to any boozer thats empty anywhere in Pattaya

With over 20 something bars on Soi 6, I would shutter to think of their rent bill each month, let alone, staff salaries, electric, tea money etc.  That's a lot of alcohol and short time room hire, across ALL of their bars, before even 1 baht has been made in profit. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 2:13 PM, Leaver said:

The bars with the super loud music lose my custom. 

I like all types of music, from many different eras, but when it's that loud I have to go outside so the staff can hear my drink order, I just keep walking. 

Thais love noise. Their hearing pain threshold is obviously higher than ours. I asked a bar manager if she could turn it down. She replied that if I did not like it I should go somewhere else...... Customer and money going out the door, never to return. Will they ever learn?

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Like 2