UK lawmakers against no-deal Brexit to bring forward legislation

webfact

6 minutes ago, Loiner said:

No that’s not the case. Comparatively few have a long trek to a polling station.
Most of those who didn’t vote are so disenfranchised, fed up with politics and politicians, that they simply don’t bother to vote at any time

Didn't realise you came from Deepcar.

On 9/2/2019 at 12:48 AM, Somtamnication said:

Nothing but smoke from remainers. The majority voted for this and it WILL happen.

Let’s all hope that it does happen. Otherwise you can forget about Democracy, in what will become a banana republic. All thanks to those who will not accept the vote of the majority.

• Like 2

The people have voted to leave. Parliament has voted three times against a deal. The EU has said that it isn't willing to renegotiate this deal. Unless you want to keep extending the leave deadline (which is to remain in another form) then the only option is to leave and attempt to deal afterwards. This is what I, and I'm sure most leave supporters voted for. What's your democratic solution?
Certainly not no-deal.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

10 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2019/08/boris-johnson-great-attention-seeker

The tragedy of Brexit is that much of the British public has never been told the value of belonging to a single market of 500 million people; or that we were a big, powerful member of the EU with plenty of allies, and that our membership consequently amplified our global stature; or that our influence in Brussels made us more, not less, useful to the US, while our close ties to the US enhanced our influence within the EU.

As we prepare to throw those benefits away, and as we prepare to cast our lot with the US instead of Europe, we will also be choosing one set of values over another. We will be choosing the unilateralist, nationalist, populist, bullying, xenophobic, dictator-appeasing, environmentally negligent values of Trump’s America over the progressive, tolerant, green, alliance-building, human rights-supporting values of those in our own continent who have been loyal friends and allies for the past half-century. 

Great piece of writing, get right to the heart of the matter - thanks.

"Corbyn doing a great job in Parliament - cometh the hour cometh the man."

I'm not a huge fan of JC as you have probably worked out. If you look at some of the videos of his anti EU rants before he became leader, they are brain free idiotic drivel, such is the curse of a mind obsessed with ideology. However in this case I am happy to admit that he spoke very well, and all credit to him. I only hope that the ordinary voter would see him in a better light, and not be blinded by Tabloid muck spreading. Despite your previous dismissal of my views on another thread, I will say this again, IMO the LP would be really wise to hold off on a GE till Brexit is dumped, by law or by referendum. 

Edited by Nigel Garvie

10 hours ago, SheungWan said:

No. I would rather give that accolade to Nicholas Soames and the other 20 MPs.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Unfortunately he’s a pathetic man, who apart from being the G.s of Sir Winston Churchill, has never contributed or achieved anything in his life.

simple living off the family name.

1CBB21C0-229F-45EF-A3DE-7386952D925B.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nontabury said:

Unfortunately he’s a pathetic man, who apart from being the G.s of Sir Winston Churchill, has never contributed or achieved anything in his life.

simple living off the family name.

1CBB21C0-229F-45EF-A3DE-7386952D925B.jpeg

Oh no you don't get to hijack Churchill for your mess. Or his grandson for that matter both honourable men. 

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 1