Tourism Minister Phiphat plans foreign trip to study last calls extension

webfact

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Sounds like a nice jolly.

While he's there, he should check out how advanced countries track suspicious "Aliens" as they take holidays around the country, what forms they have to fill in when they leave the province for 24 hours, stay at a friends house for the night etc.

More likely he will introduce the faultless, up todate, fantastic system used in the centre of the universe, TM 6, 47, 28, 30 etc, following the full and comprehensive study of the useless system used by all the backward farangs. 

Italy ? Maybe he wants an authentic pizza or a meeting With the pope to confess his sins. The Thai government has destroyed this once beautiful country * corruption is rife within Thailand * 

my best years was under taksin although he was corrupt he had the people’s interest at heart,. Still saddens me when the Thai government took back the money he put into orphanages around Thailand. My recent visit ( holding votes ) people paying local Thais between 500 & 1,000 baht to vote for them ???? imagine the tories knocking on your door and offering you a bribe Haha unbelievable. 

-

Why would you visit Italy seeking ideas on beer bars in Thailand when some of the biggest spenders in beer bars are Brits Norwegians swedes Americans seems folly when Italians prefer pasta and wine.

p.s.

good luck phiphat as from where I’m sitting it looks a jolly knees up with the boys

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

Further questions:

- How many staff will accompany him?

- Wil his family accompany him at taxpayers expense?

Why not its for the benefit of tourism and with out tourists Thailand is sunk.  ive only got so much money to spend and with the state if the £ I've hsd to give up wine and beer. Im now spending in £ twice as much as I did for the same item 10 years ago. Same  go's with the Euro money. And the money you get in exchange for your pension money as halved.

4 minutes ago, Steve Vincent said:

Italy ? Maybe he wants an authentic pizza or a meeting With the pope to confess his sins. The Thai government has destroyed this once beautiful country * corruption is rife within Thailand * 

my best years was under taksin although he was corrupt he had the people’s interest at heart,. Still saddens me when the Thai government took back the money he put into orphanages around Thailand. My recent visit ( holding votes ) people paying local Thais between 500 & 1,000 baht to vote for them ???? imagine the tories knocking on your door and offering you a bribe Haha unbelievable. 

-

Why would you visit Italy seeking ideas on beer bars in Thailand when some of the biggest spenders in beer bars are Brits Norwegians swedes Americans seems folly when Italians prefer pasta and wine.

p.s.

good luck phiphat as from where I’m sitting it looks a jolly knees up with the boys

Sounds like a load of old cobbler's.....

1 minute ago, Percy P said:

Have you experienced it. I haven't

No in the USA the constitution says "all men are created equal"  Congress operates on the premise that all men are equal but some are more equal than others.  Things like their pension, health care, travel perks etc. are distinctly separate from the taxpayers who pay for them.  Nancy Pelosi the Speaker of the House travels by military jet just for her then has the gall to stand up and give speeches on the inequality in the USA.  PS she is worth over $200 million. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nikmar said:

I think he misunderstands the role of Tourism and Sports Minister; it's not about becomming a tourist yourself.

i want to know why a minister of tourism and sport ....has anything to do with late drinking??

well i suppose moving from bar to bar...is classed as tourism here.

And the sport is hunting down a prostitute  (but there is none in Pattaya !!)

so the sport could be dodging m/bikes and other traffic ??!!

• Haha 1

I love to read these Thai news. Much better than any satirical magazine. Like english PRIVATE EYE or french CHARLIE HEBDO.  Because the Thai news are meant seriously and there comes the good news. No magazine has to make them satirical. All done already. OK, the sarcastically comments are then our job. But of course, the Thais wont read these nor would they give a f.... what we are thinking. But still interesting to read what is going on in a Thai brain.

10 minutes ago, Percy P said:

Why not its for the benefit of tourism and with out tourists Thailand is sunk.  ive only got so much money to spend and with the state if the £ I've hsd to give up wine and beer. Im now spending in £ twice as much as I did for the same item 10 years ago. Same  go's with the Euro money. And the money you get in exchange for your pension money as halved.

I think you're totally missing my point.

IMHO government officials visiting other countries to learn different policy approaches etc., is fine. And taking 2 or 3 very capable staff with him is fine.

However this country has a long and substantial history of ministers being accompanied by a staff of 20 or more, and such numbers cannot be justified, then look at their schedule and it includes a side trip, by air, for a days shopping in Paris etc., etc.

Plus an over the top family contingent all on business class or first class and all at taxpayers expense. And totally inappropriate.

That's my point. 

A tourist now's how much money he csn spend and it doesnt matter how many hrs the bar is extended. With the state of foreign currency againt the Baht his money wiil be spent in no time. £,Euro, Aus Dollar all down. Many thing I've given up and drinking in bar's is one of them.

7 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

I see another utter disaster in the making. Is Mr. Phiphat planning on having all locals barred from entertainment venues altogether? Or perhaps force all local guests off the premises at 2 a.m. while foreign tourists are allowed to remain? Or does he intend to designate venues that exclusively permit foreign tourists while all locals are denied entry?

As he surely would be able to observe if he goes ahead with this potentially extraordinarily expensive "Italy entertainment study tour" courtesy of the Thai tax payer, Italian venues are categorically open to EVERYBODY, foreigners and locals alike.

So why not simply introduce extended opening hours for ALL entertainment without cherry-picking who can and cannot enjoy these longer hours and save yourself that superfluous trip, Mr. Phiphat?   

Are you serious ? What about all the Karaoke bars that stay open and the 3-5 day drug parties at the temples that force me to leave my home and stay in a hotel even though i am more than 1km from the temple creating the excessive all night noise pollution 

• Like 1

After a long discussion with his wife and daughters , it was decided that Italy would be the perfect place to ' fact find '.
So why you don't join this delegation ? You might get first hand information.[emoji13]

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

I think he doesn’t really need to go overseas to check how long the bars are open. He just needs go to back in time to see and compare how Thailand was that time. Also he needs to look what other causes are. This guy is kinda rib-tickling with funny ideas.

54 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I think you're totally missing my point.

IMHO government officials visiting other countries to learn different policy approaches etc., is fine. And taking 2 or 3 very capable staff with him is fine.

However this country has a long and substantial history of ministers being accompanied by a staff of 20 or more, and such numbers cannot be justified, then look at their schedule and it includes a side trip, by air, for a days shopping in Paris etc., etc.

Plus an over the top family contingent all on business class or first class and all at taxpayers expense. And totally inappropriate.

That's my point. 

Are they going to pay import tax on the stuff they bring back

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Phiphat did not elaborate when or which countries he would visit but he said he was looking at Italy’s model that allows pubs and bars to remain open until dawn to draw tourists.

Nice Jolly all in the name of work !

7 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

Maybe just let foreigners relax in Thailand instead of Harassing Them

The latest rumor is that if you left one entertainment place and moved to another, staying there for longer than 24 hours, you'd be obliged to file a TM30 to report said new venue as your place of residence.

Edited by Misterwhisper
  • Haha 1

Well, I heard many interesting "reasons" for an overseas trip but " to seek advice about his plan to extend closing hours for pubs and bars" tops it. 

Since when do aliens have a say here and much if not most well-meant advice went unheard. 

Just do away with closing hours; the market will regulate that automatically. Nobody keeps an empty shop open and on the other side a successful operator might keep the shop open 24/7. 

Why do hypermarkets close between 9pm and 12pm while i.e. Foodland is open 24 hours? The answer is found above - the market, i.e. the customers, decide that and not a Minister on a shopping trip ???? 

• Like 2