Opponents of 'no-deal' Brexit defeat PM Johnson, who promises an election

webfact

20 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Extraordinary article in the Mail floating the idea that Boris might resign with a pushback by 100 tories fighting against the sackings. Labour must let the lying pig stew in his own toxic juices until he implodes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7430157/Boris-Johnson-accuses-Jeremy-Corbyn-cowardly-insult-democracy.html

18098302-7430157-image-a-29_1567674945415.jpg

Red box doesn't make sense to me. If the election is after October 31st and brexit is delayed, how can Boris win an election and try to overturn the no deal block in mid October? Has Cummings got a Tardis? Is he the new Doctor Who?

• Like 1

WOW JUST WOW - SMASH THE NO-DEAL WRECKERS

Jo Johnson to stand down as MP

Johnson is standing down at the next election.

But not Boris. It’s Jo, his brother. He has just tweeted this.

It’s been an honour to represent Orpington for 9 years & to serve as a minister under three PMs. In recent weeks I’ve been torn between family loyalty and the national interest - it’s an unresolvable tension & time for others to take on my roles as MP & Minister. #overandout

Johnson has been MP for Orpington since 2010. He also attends cabinet as universities minister. He got promoted even though he voted remain in 2010 and he is much more pro-European than his brother. It is hard to believe that he is comfortable about the idea of a no-deal Brexit, although he has not questioned his brother’s strategy in public.

This tweet implies that he is standing down as an MP at the forthcoming election, and leaving the government then, rather than that he is resigning as a minister today, but it is not entirely clear. I will clarify that as soon as I can.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

You seem to forget that the brexit party has no MPs so doesn't have a voice in Parliament.

No one takes Farage seriously in the European parliament, he's just seen as a clown, a figure of fun, generally referred to as "Kermit". Same as Boris in the UK parliament.

no one took hitler seriously at the start of his rise,look past the end of your snouter and learn from history and don,t let a similar thing happen again.

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Boris is finished to go down as the worst and shortest PM in history. And with it dear Brexiteers we stamp on your wet WTO dream and kick it into the stinking dustbin of history. Thankyou Dominic Cumming's from the bottom of my broken heart. 

Now he has to keep an eye open as he is still P.M. with risk to loose that "Guinness book of records" shining cup  for shortest U.K. P.M.   you know the Italians are also famous for that ….5555 lol

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Boris is finished to go down as the worst and shortest PM in history. And with it dear Brexiteers we stamp on your wet WTO dream and kick it into the stinking dustbin of history. Thankyou Dominic Cumming's from the bottom of my broken heart. 

what did boris inhereit when he took the job?a nest of self interested,back stabbing vipers who hes just sacked,you can,t make a silk purse out of a sows ear.and for the last 3 years all we,ve heard is remain whingeing about "democracy" and a "peoples vote"and what happened when boris offered them a general election?they bottled it.

• Like 2

what did boris inhereit when he took the job?a nest of self interested,back stabbing vipers who hes just sacked,you can,t make a silk purse out of a sows ear.and for the last 3 years all we,ve heard is remain whingeing about "democracy" and a "peoples vote"and what happened when boris offered them a general election?they bottled it.

• Like 2

Just now, kingdong said:

Just over self estimation made him backstabbing May 

2019-09-04_205107.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingdong said:

for the last 3 years all we,ve heard is remain whingeing about "democracy" and a "peoples vote"and what happened when boris offered them a general election?they bottled it.

Maybe he should have offered a people’s vote then if that’s what “remain whingeing about”. Or be a bit more trustworthy. 

11 minutes ago, kingdong said:

• All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.
  • Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him
  • Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
  • If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him.

Sun Tzu - The Art of War

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

Robin Tilbrook, founder and leader of the English Democrats, an extreme right wing group.

Date of election Constituency Party Votes %
2005 Epping Forest English Democrats  631 1.4[19]
2010 Brentwood and Ongar English Democrats  491 1.0[20]
2015 Brentwood and Ongar English Democrats   173 0.3[21]
2017 Clacton English Democrats   289 0.7[22]

Luckily, you are one of very few people who support this pond life.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2011/sep/25/english-democrats-electorally-credible-bnp

"Thanks to a combination of factors, the most important of which being the implosion of the British National Party, serious political commentators now suggest the door is open for the EDs to exploit the supposedly significant gap in the electoral market for an anti-immigration, radical right party.

A trickle of disillusioned BNP activists have already defected to the party,"

https://www.hopenothate.org.uk/research/the-hate-files/english-democrats/

Ideology Nationalist, Anti-Immigration, Anti-Islam
Membership 1,500-2,000
Leadership Robin Tilbrook (chairman), Steve Uncles, Winston McKenzie
Publications A new one in the pipeline
Online Website, Facebook and Twitter
Areas active

Kent, London, Essex, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, South Yorkshire

Slapping a 'far right' paintbrush about a la Rolf Harris might work for you pal but i'm having none of it. Tilbrook himself says it's a last resort when an argument is lost and having seen your 'White (no pun intended) Rabbit' I can see what he means.

As far as I'm concerned he is nothing more than a bloke with an opinion.

Edited by evadgib

Just now, evadgib said:

Slapping a 'far right' paintbrush about a la Rolf Harris might work for you pal but i'm having none of it. Tilbrook himself says it's a last resort when an argument is lost and having seen your 'White (no pun intended) Rabbit' I can see what he means.

Brexiteers read and repent - for these are words from the 'Good Book'.

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pique Dard said:

there is no such thing called "no-deal brexit"! if boris succeeds with his mad ideas and the uk leave the eu, there will be still NEGOTIATIONS  on various trade dossiers, hence a deal must be found at any case!

Exactly! There is no such thing as a 'clean break'. Negotiations will have to start with the EU after a no deal exit and the UK will be at a huge disadvantage. Messy and no break, rather a permanent fracture.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

A clever move. Let Boris stew. There will be an election after 31 October.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

We will not be forgiven if we do not deliver Brexit on October 31
Tory leadership: Johnson warns party of risk of Brexit 'extinction', BBC News, 5 June 2019

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

What's "a last resort when an argument is lost"? Posting meaningless memes?

When you say that "we're done", does that mean that you are putting me on ignore again and if so, what does that mean? There seems to be some confusion on the forum regarding the definition of "ignore".

Thanks.

I thought 'meme' was the call of a road runner!

We're done (or at least you are under your ever increasing list of aliases that have so far been rumbled

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

What's "a last resort when an argument is lost"? Posting meaningless memes?

When you say that "we're done", does that mean that you are putting me on ignore again and if so, what does that mean? There seems to be some confusion on the forum regarding the definition of "ignore".

Thanks.

Ignore = I’ve lost the argument, if I ever had one.

Much safer to stick to Facebook memes from unknown sources ... gives us a warm feeling inside.

Like to feel I had a small part in goading Jo Johnson as I stood outside of No 10 telling him to listen to his sister as he went in for the cabinet meeting ! Back to being a keyboard warrior now.

https://www.newsflare.com/video/311956/politics-business/boris-johnsons-brother-jo-resigns-from-government

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Like to feel I had a small part in goading Jo Johnson as I stood outside of No 10 telling him to listen to his sister as he went in for the cabinet meeting ! Back to being a keyboard warrior now.

https://www.newsflare.com/video/311956/politics-business/boris-johnsons-brother-jo-resigns-from-government

Good for you. Him and his sister seem like reasonable people, unlike their duplicitous and amoral brother.

• Like 1

Hearing that Sinn Fein may stand down and have electoral pacts with Remain parties to challenge the DUP. 

Would that mean they take their seats in Parliament? That would be interesting. I don’t like Brexit at all, but I could live with it if there is a sensible deal.