Snap election on horizon after UK lawmakers vote to block 'no-deal' Brexit

webfact

20 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Oh yes thanks Danny - Boris is to lazy even to have a plan - he hired Cumming's as his brain - that's going well isn't it !

it was going great when all he had to do is brainwash a bunch of brain dead potential Brexiteers. No chance against a cabal of European mandarins. However he still managed to pull a stunt last night.

Ginger Kinnock, son of Ginger Kinnock tabled an amendment to the bill to bring Labour's long dead deal back to the table. It had no chance of passing, but Cummings, who was seen in the lobby, figured that if it passed MPs would be unable to bring a motion for a confirmatory vote during the extension.

The vote is taken by all the nays filing through one door and all the yeas filling through the other door. The votes are then counted by 2 tellers stood at each door.  Traditionally tellers from one party man one door and tellers from the other party man the other door. Last night, it was decided that the Tory tellers would man the Nay door.

As the division bell rang, Cummings told the 2 Tory tellers to lose themselves. Thus, the nay votes weren't counted, allowing Ginger's amendment to pass unopposed, and preventing the opposition from bringing in a bill for a confirmatory vote. Machiavelli lives!

I also strongly suspect that Ginger son of Ginger was in cahoots with the Tories as, on the face of it, the amendment had no legs and no one could understand why he was bringing it. He's also one of the most ardent Brexiteers in the house. Another one that should get the chop.

Trying to take a bit of distance from the present diatribe, I have the following question: providing BoJo was NOT lying when he alluded to the 'backstop' being the only point needing to be rejected in 'the deal' as negociated during TM's 'tenure', ...and that he has not changed 'his' mind about that since, why don't he and his Conservative 'leave' circles come up, now, yesterday, fast, with a credible, original, genuine, 'thinking outside the box' proposal for a different solution to the Irish 'impasse'...? Like, possibly, eventually, in my little person's very humble opinion, proposing a thorough change to the 'linking' of Ulster to the UK, f.i. making it 'independent', a bit like Canada or Australia, where N-I would continue to honour H.M. the Queen as its ruler, and so on, while letting it ...remain in the EU, economically, commercially, financially (even maybe € instead of £), while not integrated into the Irish Republic (or, eventually, ...via a referendum, ...in a couple of generations' time?)? Would sclerotic rancid nationalist and religious extremists be allowed to 'torpedo' such a win-win grand' exit door? ...Is N-I really, in the truth of facts, an 'asset' for the UK, or rather a liability of some size, and the UK could save some £ Billions a year when passing that 'hot potatoe' on to the EU...?

Edited by bangrak
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, bangrak said:

Trying to take a bit of distance from the present diatribe, I have the following question: providing BoJo was NOT lying when he alluded to the 'backstop' being the only point needing to be rejected in 'the deal' as negociated during TM's 'tenure', ...and that he has not changed 'his' mind about that since, why don't he and his Conservative 'leave' circles come up, now, yesterday, fast, with a credible, original, genuine, 'thinking outside the box' proposal for a different solution to the Irish 'impasse'...? Like, possibly, eventually, in my little person's very humble opinion, proposing a thorough change to the 'linking' of Ulster to the UK, f.i. making it 'independent', a bit like Canada or Australia, where N-I would continue to honour H.M. the Queen as its ruler, and so on, while letting it ...remain in the EU, economically, commercially, financially (even maybe € instead of £), while not integrated into the Irish Republic (or, eventually, ...via a referendum, ...in a couple of generations' time?)? Would sclerotic rancid nationalist and religious extremists be allowed to 'torpedo' such a win-win grand' exit door? ...Is N-I really, in the truth of facts, an 'asset' for the UK, or rather a liability of some size, and the UK could save some £ Billions a year when passing that 'hot potatoe' on to the EU...?

Please condense that into one simple sentence.

You can't!

That means the Brexiters won't understand it even if they would try to understand it.

Stay.

Leave.

That's what they "understand". Any more complicated than that and you don't even have to try to explain it to them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems I also wrote it wrong. I am a EU citizen and not a UK citizen. I think for the future it would be great if the UK and the countries in the EU would still work productive with each other and if people can travel.

I agree with this.

MPs want to get reelected. And it seems some MPs are willing to do everything to get reelected. I believe most of them are smart enough to know that "just leave" is a very stupid idea. But what should they do if some voters, their voters, somehow have this stupid idea?

We disagree and the MP's are the representatives of their constituents and should do that. not follow their own agendas regardless if they feel it is stupid. The next GE will show this when many of them will be thrown out.

Did you listen to what the ERG told Boris? Even if the backstop would be removed they still wouldn't support the current deal.

I did listen and whilst I agree with the ERG that staying in the CU, SM ECJ is not leaving the EU.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Johnson has played this so badly

You might be right.

2 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Blair pointed out that the calling of a snap election was a trap and not to fall for it.  Amazingly Corbyn (finally) realised that and refused to endorse the GE until no-deal was off the table.  Along with the other parties.

Corbyn even at the beginning of the week and all last month has been saying he wants a GE and would accept one anytime. Maybe he realises that he would lose.

Its not over yet but no matter what happens the desire for many, many people to leave the EU will never leave, so its just a matter of time.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Sooner or later there will be a general election which the Tories/Boris will win by a landslide.

Johnson desperately needs an election before the 31st October.  That way he can con Farage into believing he will still go for no-deal and get him to not stand against the Tory seats.  After the end of October Johnson will be on the backfoot, big time!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Its not over yet but no matter what happens the desire for many, many people to leave the EU will never leave, so its just a matter of time.

But the majority of the younger generations in the UK want to be part of Europe and the EU.

So there are basically two long term choices:

a) The UK stays in the EU

b) The UK leaves now and sometime later they will join again because all those old Levers die and the young people want the EU

Cls7vB7WkAATVNI.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

name the 'several bexiteers' who have you on ignore but still reply to you.

are was you being economical with the

truth ?

Now, you know me, no names no pack drill. Up to them to put their hands up if they want to.

Are was I not being economical with the truth.

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I thought I was on ignore too. In fact several brexiteers have told me that I'm on ignore, yet they still reply to my posts. Maybe "ignore" means something different in Brexit world.

Unfortunately a few of the dwindling Brexiteers are still wearing their one size fits all flat cap that they were issued with on the yellow brick road????  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

name the 'several bexiteers' who have you on ignore but still reply to you.

are was you being economical with the

truth ?

Me but now I forgive him cos I'm a nice remaining type of guy almost fits with the question ????

5 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Jo Johnson has resigned from the Tory Party!  He says he is torn between family loyalty and national interest.  Well done Jo, at least one Johnson with some moral backbone.

Will BoJo (...DC?) call his brother 'a traitor', call him (ugly, new, childish) names, bar him from attending family meetings, or will the bully he is want to slap him in the face...? ...Or is the family pretty well aware of BoJo being an horrible person for a very long time already? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, bangrak said:

Will BoJo (...DC?) call his brother 'a traitor', call him (ugly, new, childish) names, bar him from attending family meetings, or will the bully he is want to slap him in the face...? ...Or is the family pretty well aware of BoJo being an horrible person for a very long time already? 

There is a reason why he is in politics and does not spend so much time with his children and all those mothers of those children.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1