UK carmakers urge Brexit delay rather than no-deal exit

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, Loiner said:

They've had three years and still not sorted themselves out, still preferring to rely on Project Fear and Remainer trickery to save them. They easily won the hearts and minds of Remainers very early on in the game. But they are not quite there are they? 

As it's clear that Project Fear is still in full swing, there must be a very large contingent in industry that knows they are not home and dry yet in their scheme to overturn Brexit. Boris must have more up his sleeve.

So post-Brexit, what will be the tariff on cars manufactured in the UK and exported to Europe?  What will be the tariff on parts?  How long will it take to clear customs?

Do you think the UK will impose any tariffs on parts imported from Europe? Will they need to be inspected at customs?  Where will this be done?

I don't know about you, but I'm glad this has all been resolved ahead of 31 October.

Hasn't it?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Loiner said:

Didn't you notice - they wouldn't talk trade until we Surrendered to their Treaty? They still won't talk trade until they have their 'deal' and we are stitched up.

They've had the last three years to fix your tariffs, so why haven't they? I'm glad it's not resolved yet, at least until we have a proper negotiating position to start from, but Remainers have wanted to surrender from the word go.  

By default as no agreement has been made, World Trade Organisation tariffs are going to 10% or more if the country attempts any form of protectionism which the WTO is set up to avoid.

Motor industry supports about 800,000 jobs in the UK

British buyers registered nearly 2m cars and vans from the continent in 2017

After Brexit WTO rules apply. It would end frictionless trade, add billions to the cost of importing and exporting and put jobs at risk.

Investment and production have already plummeted as Brexit is anticipated.

The industry is deeply integrated across both sides of the Channel so tariffs will affect it in both directions for materials and parts as well as finished products

The Average imported car will go up in price by about £1500 - For EU buyers, the average price of a UK-built car would rise by £2,700

In fact, relatively few sedans are built in UK now. The reverse applies to cars entering the EU. As models such as GM and Ford are made in EU too any exports and production will cease.

Edited by Airbagwill

8 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

So post-Brexit, what will be the tariff on cars manufactured in the UK and exported to Europe?  What will be the tariff on parts?  How long will it take to clear customs?

Do you think the UK will impose any tariffs on parts imported from Europe? Will they need to be inspected at customs?  Where will this be done?

I don't know about you, but I'm glad this has all been resolved ahead of 31 October.

Hasn't it?

World Trade Organisation tariffs are going to 10% or more if the country attempts any form of protectionism which the WTO is set up to avoid.

Motor industry supports about 800,000 jobs in the UK

British buyers registered nearly 2m cars and vans from the continent in 2017

After Brexit WTO rules apply. It would end frictionless trade, add billions to the cost of importing and exporting and put jobs at risk.

Investment and production have already plummeted as Brexit is anticipated.

The industry is deeply integrated across both sides of the Channel so tariffs will affect it in both directions for materials and parts as well as finished products

The Average imported car will go up in price by about £1500 - For EU buyers, the average price of a UK-built car would rise by £2,700

In fact, relatively few sedans are built in UK now. The reverse applies to cars entering the EU. As models such as GM and Ford are made in EU too any exports and production will cease.

• Haha 2

All car manufacturers are researching and developing electric vehicles.... This is a pan European thing as are the car companies, for any of this sort of major research to continue in UK requires the continued presence of the motor industry and investment therein.

Here is another nail in that coffin.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49651116

"The head of the car group that owns Vauxhall has compared a no-deal Brexit to a head-on train crash."

Edited by wilcopops

On 9/7/2019 at 7:21 PM, Loiner said:

Didn't you notice - they wouldn't talk trade until we Surrendered to their Treaty? They still won't talk trade until they have their 'deal' and we are stitched up.

They've had the last three years to fix your tariffs, so why haven't they? I'm glad it's not resolved yet, at least until we have a proper negotiating position to start from, but Remainers have wanted to surrender from the word go.  

Perhaps you’ve seen the Brexit Plan, I certainly haven’t.

Perhaps you’ve seen the Brexit Plan, I certainly haven’t.

You’re obviously not being c.c.’d into the memos.
If you think there isn’t a plan, (or one that is constantly changing to counter Remainer trickery) then you are as big a fool as you think they are.

On 9/8/2019 at 1:48 AM, Loiner said:

They've had three years and still not sorted themselves out, still preferring to rely on Project Fear and Remainer trickery to save them. They easily won the hearts and minds of Remainers very early on in the game. But they are not quite there are they? 

As it's clear that Project Fear is still in full swing, there must be a very large contingent in industry that knows they are not home and dry yet in their scheme to overturn Brexit. Boris must have more up his sleeve.

It seems like Brexit is a crusade against the EU, our neighbours and our compatriots of differing opinion, parliament and industry.  And the Queen.  Who else have I forgotten?

• Confused 1

On 9/8/2019 at 1:21 AM, Loiner said:

Why do you think it's incumbent on the EU to "fix your tariffs"? I understand that Brexiters tend to have an exaggerated estimation of the importance of the UK, but do you believe it's the EU that's leaving the UK? Not the reverse?

Edited by bristolboy

On 9/7/2019 at 6:48 PM, Loiner said:

I have to chuckle  - good luck with Boris he looks like with all his previous partners has spilled red wine on your Brexit sofas....

On 9/7/2019 at 9:31 PM, kingdong said:

Corbyn was offered a general election and bottled.it,better friend to buisness?you having a bubble? Once momentum gets in there won,t be any businesses left.no deal nutters?it's all the remainers that have ensured we,re. Not going  to get a deal

He didn’t ‘bottle it’ - good grief a 5 year old would understand why. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2019 at 12:48 AM, Loiner said:

Wow paranoia rules ????

On 9/8/2019 at 1:21 AM, Loiner said:

So clueless we actually need a word beyond clueless ! 

Just now, Amma09 said:

Now why would any EU based car manufacturer wish UK to stay within EU common market?

When UK is out, UK is really out of EU's markets. 

The same applies to services, which are the horse of UK's fortune. 

Why would EU allow UK to keep on spreading it's services to EU, once UK leaves the common market?

Silly thoughts, innit.

Just now, Amma09 said:

The same applies to services, which are the horse of UK's fortune. 

Why would EU allow UK to keep on spreading it's services to EU, once UK leaves the common market?

Silly thoughts, innit.

Talking to yourself is an easy way to get your post count, even if it is an easy way to get your post count up,  It still doesn't give you any more credibility.

Ye're dedoanthair, bytheway, Cowboy

I'm not sure how much more credible are comments from imaginary characters, Imam.

Aye, but at least Ah dinnae talk tae masel'

On 9/7/2019 at 9:31 PM, kingdong said:

Corbyn was offered a general election and bottled.it,better friend to buisness?you having a bubble? Once momentum gets in there won,t be any businesses left.no deal nutters?it's all the remainers that have ensured we,re. Not going  to get a deal

The fact you don't understand why many MPs don't want a GE just shows what little grasp you have on the politics that surround Brexit. You appear to be immune to critical thought and reason.