British lawmakers prepare court action to enforce Brexit delay

rooster59

1 minute ago, tomazbodner said:

And why do they think EU will grant them another extension? France already said no. Others may follow.

One French politician has said "Non!" who isn't the head of state, so doesn't have a veto.

"Others may follow." Like lemmings over a cliff? I don't think so.

It's in the EU's best interest to grant an extension, they don't want us to leave and certainly not without a deal.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Joinaman said:

Could you also include the full wording to the public of the Lisbon treaty and how this will effect the people of the UK if we remain in your simple question to the people ?

Please also include the cost to the Uk on staying in the EU, and what additional cost the Lisbon treaty will have , on our laws, our freedoms. our armed services, our parliament

Perhaps someone as clever as you can give us the answers to these questions, or is everything just your biased opinion

Ask the EU council, which consists of the heads of government of each EU member state, and the ONLY decision body. If the UK PM does NOT agree, there will be no decision. All others are ONLY allowed to come with suggestions, like the EU parliament with their 3 Spitzencandidates. At the end.. the Council decides = Von der Leyen as president of the EU Committee, a kind of ministers. Time to learn some of how the EU words... UK being a member since 1972 = 47 years.. a little bit time to do so.

2) Armed service: there is only ONE military alliance the UK is in: NATO. Any EU force... is tried since 1947 and failed completely till now. Also ne expectation it will come to a vote the coming 20 years. And if.. it will still the UK PM to accept, and after the UK Parliament to vote about that. So, pure Dominic Cummins nonsense.

3) Think also of the import duty, which will NOT be levied on UK goods into the EU when the UK is still a member. The UK contribution is just a small portion of that. Total NET contribution of the UK to the EU is a 7,8 Bn pounds, the rest is Cummins nonsense.

4) Think of all activities done now together, which teh UK shall have to bare alone after a Brexit. In my = food job: EFSA, RASFF

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

As I said earlier, the British parliament may huff and puff but it's up to the Europeans to grant an extension, and it seems the French aren't that keen - https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/08/france-threatens-to-veto-further-brexit-extension

Why the EU should grand an extention atgain ?

may: 29 March… WE LEAVE

Then postponement till.. 12 April

Then.. again, not the slightest idea, what to do, except no, no, no, no, no, to.. France would allow 3 months, but was convinced to accept 6 months.

What is the conclusion at present ? Still the same, the British do not have the slightest agreement among themselves.. So.. sorry, finished.

• Like 1

Why the EU should grand an extention atgain ?
may: 29 March… WE LEAVE
Then postponement till.. 12 April
Then.. again, not the slightest idea, what to do, except no, no, no, no, no, to.. France would allow 3 months, but was convinced to accept 6 months.
What is the conclusion at present ? Still the same, the British do not have the slightest agreement among themselves.. So.. sorry, finished.
The default of "finished" is a Hard Brexit wish, not a required outcome.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

By throwing out the UK, Europe could at last go on with things, without anybody stepping on the breaks / demanding opt outs/ begging for rebates / reminiscing about the Empire.

Seriously, I am not the only European remainer that evolved into a hard core brexiteer!

De Gaulle was right after all!

18 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

No-deal was not voted for. But that is a problem for Hard Brexiteers who have to pretend that it was.

Remain without conditions was not voted for either. But that is a problem for Hard Remainers who have to pretend it was.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/8/2019 at 12:21 PM, silver sea said:

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson may have lost his brother, Jo’s, support, but he must be reassured, after a disastrous week, that Piers Corbyn still thinks he’s the dog’s boll**ks!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7439149/Jeremy-Corbyn-gets-Brexit-broadside-brother-Piers-Corbyn-launches-attack-Labour-leader.html

....and Sun readers 

every cloud etc 

12 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Too bad it doesn’t exist in reality. There is only “leave without a deal” and “leave with May’s deal” in reality. None of which was on the ballot paper. 

The constant denial of reality.

• Confused 1

On 9/8/2019 at 7:21 AM, silver sea said:

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson may have lost his brother, Jo’s, support, but he must be reassured, after a disastrous week, that Piers Corbyn still thinks he’s the dog’s boll**ks!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7439149/Jeremy-Corbyn-gets-Brexit-broadside-brother-Piers-Corbyn-launches-attack-Labour-leader.html

Poor man that Pierce guy.

Personally I hope I die before I get old - (could maybe use that for a pop song...)

By the way, I am 68.

On 9/8/2019 at 8:06 AM, Youlike said:

And how about all those great British restaurants in Europe?? Will they stay? Where else can i eat my green pea's?

Priti Patel (pull the drawbridge up) is rushing through a Vindaloo Visa as it’s been pointed out they risk losing the support of drunks everywhere who cannot get their ruby on the way home !! (incl me)

So gifted Indian surgeons will be required to apply based on a points system but Anil the Golden Rose Head waiter is a shoe in ????

On 9/8/2019 at 9:48 AM, vogie said:

But it could be argued DR that the leavers are shouting for the side that voted to leave the EU and won the vote, whilst the remainers are tripping our players up just to have their own way.????

You will have heard Amber Rudd say that Boris is striving for a deal, and under the circumstances that is a very candid comment to make.

She also said elsewhere that Johnson has no proposals for a deal and that is why she has resigned.   That is what I mean by calling her a cretin like the rest. Her responses are ambiguous. She tries to justify backing Johnson and then says he is a vandal. 

Jumping forward to today, did you hear Johnson's speech in Ireland?  Now he is saying that leaving the EU with no-deal would be a failure. "I want a deal and I think we can get one".  To say he was squirming at the lectern would be an understatement.  Hard to read between the lines with Johnson as to what he is thinking or what straws he is clutching at but I think he realises that the only way out for him is to get a deal with the EU no matter how <deleted> it is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

and if that could be achieved in an orderly fashion where jobs and livelihoods were protected you would have a case.

However given the utter farce it is now and the dangers of it largely known, the parliamentarians need to intervene to ensure those jobs, livelihoods and the future economic prosperity of the U.K. are given the best chance to thrive.

They are doing exactly what they are paid for (which is also now the democratic case) 

Just today, so to rule out bias, the small convenience stores body spokesman representing 400,000 jobs has spelt out very clearly why Brexit is a disaster for them - how many more times do you need to be told ? 

Do Brexiteers not find it a tad odd when every industry head and 99% of the intellectual input from the worlds economists tells them they are insane ? Could they ALL be wrong ????

Sometimes you need to protect people from themselves. 

It has always suited you to follow the route that the UK is going to implode on itself, it will not, if Boris cannot get any sense out of the EU negotiators before Nov 1st a no deal is not the end of the world. Most people with any sense at all will tell you that a no deal is preferential to a no democracy country. 

Can you imagine any other country in the world having a referendum and their respective governments totally ignoring it, our 'democratic' parliament would be up in arms about it.

You are correct "Sometimes you need to protect people from themselves." Mostly anti democrats.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

umping forward to today, did you hear Johnson's speech in Ireland?  Now he is saying that leaving the EU with no-deal would be a failure. "I want a deal and I think we can get one".  To say he was squirming at the lectern would be an understatement.  Hard to read between the lines with Johnson as to what he is thinking or what straws he is clutching at but I think he realises that the only way out for him is to get a deal with the EU no matter how <deleted> it is.

Another cunning plan by Boris Cummings. Go to the EU on October 15th agree to a deal, which abrogates him from asking for an extension, come back, put it to parliament, which rejects it then whoosh, leave with no deal on the 31st.

12 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

She also said elsewhere that Johnson has no proposals for a deal and that is why she has resigned.   That is what I mean by calling her a cretin like the rest. Her responses are ambiguous. She tries to justify backing Johnson and then says he is a vandal. 

Jumping forward to today, did you hear Johnson's speech in Ireland?  Now he is saying that leaving the EU with no-deal would be a failure. "I want a deal and I think we can get one".  To say he was squirming at the lectern would be an understatement.  Hard to read between the lines with Johnson as to what he is thinking or what straws he is clutching at but I think he realises that the only way out for him is to get a deal with the EU no matter how <deleted> it is.

I reckon he is just treading water and telling his audiences what he thinks they want to hear, but his plan is for No Deal, and as an acrimonious No Deal as possible.

Edited by baboon
  • Like 2