Compulsory insurance shelved: Ministry don't t want to spook tourists at sensitive time

webfact

12 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I'm 50/50 on this.

I have insurance for here ( accident ) but even if we travel to other countries we always buy some kind of insurance.

I really don't understand those that come here from UK USA for example, on holiday who don't buy any insurance in any way.

Or buy it and don't read it re' falling off a rented bike etc when they don't even have a bike licence at home. Been a few stories on that on TV.

IMOP I oppose being "forced" or have laws that mandate a level of coverage. Most Americans who travel here have credit cards that cover accidental coverage.

https://upgradedpoints.com/best-credit-cards-for-travel-accident-insurance/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So is this article talking about the proposed insurance requirement for regular tourists, or the separate proposal to require health insurance for O-A visa applicants, or both?

I just knew it. always someone isn't there?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Somehow i'm sue that there are number of people that these news are great disappointment for them, the same people who were looking forward to hit the big times with this harebrained idea, i wish the TM30 will follow suite quickly...

Why harebrained? This is probably one of the most sensible ideas that the government have come up with.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So is this article talking about the proposed insurance requirement for regular tourists, or the separate proposal to require health insurance for O-A visa applicants, or both?

As it's about tourism I'm assuming it's the 100 baht surcharge on arrival.