British Instagram model 'locked up in filthy Bangkok cell' over 2 passport pages

snoop1130

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Am I the only one who does not really "get" social media? An instagram model? Give me a break. What does that even mean? She has a few thousand "followers" on Instagram and she is somehow famous? A friend of mine is constantly telling me about these "famous" bloggers on Youtube. They have 3 million followers. When they go out into the street, they are mobbed. What kind of world do we live in now? Having a lot of followers on social media makes you a celebrity?

Any what about this whole "influencer" thing? What is that all about? Is there such a desperation to fit in, and be cool, that these people can actually sway what people think, do, and buy? Did anyone see Frye Fraud? It was a very good expose on the sheer vapidity of social media culture. 

I realized that this forum could be referred to as social media in an abstract sense. But, at least there is some actual content here and some fairly articulate posts. 

It's the era of the attention ho. On positive note, I've noticed the post-millenial generation that is fullydigital native is far more savvy and conservative. I place great hopes on that generation.

Just noticed I got over 10k likes. What do I get, a free night in the monkey house and an article in Pattaya News? Nah, I think my moobs are too small.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Great promotion for Thailand - Land of "Smiles"! Maybe the TAT could start a new campaign: "TLC: Thailand - Land of Cockroaches", or "TLC: Thailand - Land of Cop Terror"...

So it is normal procedure that people cut 2 pages out of their passports ?
Get real mate !

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

It's the era of the attention ho. On positive note, I've noticed the post-millenial generation that is fullydigital native is far more savvy and conservative. I place great hopes on that generation.

Just noticed I got over 10k likes. What do I get, a free night in the monkey house and an article in Pattaya News? Nah, I think my moobs are too small.

Nothing wrong with small moobs Dr

16 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

if i had known i would have bailed her out.

0_British-Instagram-influencer-Lacey-Montgomery-Henderson-28-is-locked-up-for-hellish-24-hours-in-st.jpg

0_British-Instagram-influencer-Lacey-Montgomery-Henderson-28-is-locked-up-for-hellish-24-hours-in-st2.jpg

0_British-Instagram-influencer-Lacey-Mon

Is it me or is that second photo a photoshop job? Compared to the photo above from the first post, something looks odd about the proportions of her head to her body  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:
6 hours ago, atyclb said:

bet that unwashed g-string would fetch top dollar in a Japanese vending machine!

0_British-Instagram-influencer-Lacey-Montgomery-Henderson-28-is-locked-up-for-hellish-24-hours-in-st.jpg

Was a mistake to cut out pages but irregardless of that she is "Hot"  Hope this viral story gets her some jobs

hopefully it wasn't a "durian like smell" attracting the cockroaches.

42 minutes ago, tebee said:

0_British-Instagram-influencer-Lacey-Mon

Is it me or is that second photo a photoshop job? Compared to the photo above from the first post, something looks odd about the proportions of her head to her body  

Had a brain retrieval, when removed the passport pages

24 hours in jail is a bit much!  The article states that her passport was amended.  By whom? 

I am sure the female accommodations are palatial compared to that for the men.

Word to the wise for all Europeans in Thailand for work! Don't! 

• Sad 1

This bimbo screams high maintenance, kind of like a Lamborghini with boobs. Makes a lot of noise and attracts a lot of attention and occasionally attracts the attention of the law, which she did in this case. Basically a selfie entitled Miss Fitch who  probably doesn't know how to boil an egg.

0_British-Instagram-influencer-Lacey-Montgomery-Henderson-28-is-locked-up-for-hellish-24-hours-in-st.jpgWhich would you rather have? :thumbsup: image.jpeg.24a53d5d66c7f4d47a2d95e4114a392d.jpeg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, wisperone said:

2 pages missing.  If I were a IO, I would think she was up to something nefarious.  What is it exactly that she was trying to hide... I think lockup was appropriate. IO doesn't know who she is and what up to....as far as IM..pfff. Next she'll be starting a GFM to get home. 

Yeah, super nefarious. Might have traveled to a different country at some point in time!

Might be a top spy!

Lolz.  This whole thing is stupid. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ratcatcher said:

Why do you think it's stupid? She broke the law and was duly detained. 

Wonder if UK, foreign Office will prosecute for stupidity oops for vandalising the passport which is not her property.

• Like 2

Sorry but try to enter the US with an altered passport and see what happens. She is either to stupid or lazy to get a new passport or leave the damaged pages in.

Great promotion for Thailand - Land of "Smiles"! Maybe the TAT could start a new campaign: "TLC: Thailand - Land of Cockroaches", or "TLC: Thailand - Land of Cop Terror"...

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

22 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Although they get a lot of criticism on here, the immigration were quite correct to deny her entry, being in possession of a damaged/altered passport.

The question should be asked as to how she was allowed on the plane that brought her here in the first place.

Airline security don,t check how many pages you,he got in your passport,perhaps they might now as the airline will be financially liable to taking her home.

• Like 1