Farang is NOT impolite word.

Yinn

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Yinn said:

There kids call you Na. Na can be man or woman. Uncle and auntie.

errrrmmm

1) uncle = "ลุง - loong" (elder brother of father or mother) or "อา - aa" (younger brother or sister of father)

2) aunt = "ป้า - bpaa" (elder sister of father or mother) or "น้า - naa" (younger brother or sister of mother) ///

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

Gook (/ˈɡk/ or /ˈɡʊk/) is a derogatory term for certain people of East and Southeast Asian descent. The slur is frequently directed toward foreigners, especially people of Filipino, Korean, or Vietnamese descent.[1] It was originally predominantly used by the U.S. military during wartime, especially during the Korean War, and more so during the Vietnam War.

i still not cry. Thailand is in SEA. No problem.

1 hour ago, brokenbone said:

nah...if someone is using that word,

its definitely a bitter aggressive american,

steer clear

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Exactly. My personal gig is you can think anyway you want, but be polite about it. But words are such a political/social construct anyway, especially in the States, where certain words are deemed taboo simply because some alleged marginalized group says so, while other words, even when used derogatorily, are not. Then you have the difference in Countries, even in English.

here Yinn is the proper usage of this very offensive word in a sentence. and it is not just an America thing.  

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

Na is because your wife has older brother and sister. There kids call you Na. Na can be man or woman. Uncle and auntie.

14 minutes ago, johng said:

errrrmmm

14 minutes ago, johng said:

1) uncle = "ลุง - loong" (elder brother of father or mother) or "อา - aa" (younger brother or sister of father)

2) aunt = "ป้า - bpaa" (elder sister of father or mother) or "น้า - naa" (younger brother or sister of mother) ///

So you agree with Yinn then. Or are you trying to teach a Thai, Thai?

9 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

My wife calls me a farang, baksida all in fun.

....its the names she calls me in English which can be somewhat more worrisome!

lunchtime I talk with my friend about can not use the f..... word.

so they say, how we call them. 

One girl say must be Baksida. 

16 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

here Yinn is the proper usage of this very offensive word in a sentence. and it is not just an America thing.  

Old angry pi Nong Adios guy! 

Make me laugh, not cry.

26 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

good afternoon Yinn. How are you today? I am predicting rain for you in the next few hours.

Good afternoon uncle. 

I am fine thank you. And you.

i think you are correct. Feel like it will rain. I hope will rain, because have bad air pollution here now. Can not see the blue sky, pollution and cloud. 

So terrible. 

They talk about on the other thred...

23 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Do not tell jingthing.

He want change that also.

51 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Neither I'm confused....  how the hell you're supposed to know who's who ???

2) aunt = "ป้า - bpaa" (elder sister of father or mother) or "น้า - naa" (younger brother or sister of mother)

1 hour ago, GinBoy2 said:

My wife calls me a farang, baksida all in fun.

....its the names she calls me in English which can be somewhat more worrisome!

My wife calls me farang kee nok...I call her Kon thai grajock...we then both laugh..

there is a young couple living in our apartment block  who call each other meung and goo   "ai here" and "ee kwai" while laughing there faces off.

One time a differnt couple had a row the woman sat outside our door  crying into her phone  

"meung go roo war goo ruk meung care nai"  ( you know just how much I love you )

been thinking, that the thai way is to answer with what ever it takes - to evade further confrontation. 

With the therefore use of saying 'farang', as an excuse for not knowing/wanting to know the 'foreigner's name;  therefore satisfies that Thai's immediate goal of... indifference.

what about:   taking that excuse away? or better... to reduce the sheer magnitude, down to a choice of just 2 names?

1. Tourist 

2. Expat  

use the 'Tourist' as the Default, until such time the Thai gets to know the particular target is actually living amongst the Thais.

4 hours ago, tifino said:

been thinking, that the thai way is to answer with what ever it takes - to evade further confrontation. 

With the therefore use of saying 'farang', as an excuse for not knowing/wanting to know the 'foreigner's name;  therefore satisfies that Thai's immediate goal of... indifference.

what about:   taking that excuse away? or better... to reduce the sheer magnitude, down to a choice of just 2 names?

1. Tourist 

2. Expat  

use the 'Tourist' as the Default, until such time the Thai gets to know the particular target is actually living amongst the Thais.

Toorid

Ekpad

On 9/23/2019 at 9:29 PM, mngmn said:

Toorid

Ekpad

Tourist and expat is ENGLISH language.

They want all thai to speak English? Just for them? 5555555

Tourist can be any country. Expat same. 

Tourist can be thai.

i think not good solution. Will confuse more, not help.

On 9/20/2019 at 2:00 PM, cyril sneer said:

my ex used to call me 'f&*king farang' when I wouldn't give her money

didn't think it was very polite

lol, good one. 

I'm sure the guy in the video had good intentions explaining it.

He started well, Thai's can't remember names, they often use 'titles'.

To complete his restaurant example, using titles 'pee' or 'nong' ... or ....

4 Thais & 1 Farang are sitting together in a Restaurant ... who pays the bill?

It doesn't matter where the origins of the word Farang comes from. It's now used

and a synonym to the title 'Walking ATM machine' ????

21 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Tourist and expat is ENGLISH language.

They want all thai to speak English? Just for them? 5555555

Tourist can be any country. Expat same. 

Tourist can be thai.

i think not good solution. Will confuse more, not help.

Toorid and Ekpad not Englid word.  Thai word same same Lotud, Midtur, computurr, moud, Netflik...

4 minutes ago, mngmn said:

Toorid and Ekpad not Englid word.  Thai word same same Lotud, Midtur, computurr, moud, Netflik...

Midtur? sorry, no understand ???? What's that?

... sapagetti, waterflaw, book bank, key house, bar beer, motocy, no hab ... all crackers and make me smile and love living here. 

2 hours ago, RedPill said:

Midtur? sorry, no understand ???? What's that?

... sapagetti, waterflaw, book bank, key house, bar beer, motocy, no hab ... all crackers and make me smile and love living here. 

Naw dude, its the owner of a popular restaurant so impressed by my Thai food eating ability that tries to set me up with his stepdaughter. Her Cook good! Then she smiles and says, I love you.

I love you tooooo. three ladies chime in: Farang loooooove you. Then three more: I looooove you.

All because I suck on the Shrimp heads. And smile. And eat two dishes.

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Pee xxxx. Appropriate for us oldies and the reason I don't wear underwear.

Ya sure now? Dont want to be calling someone an evil spirit. and if you dont know their name? So how would I say "thank you auntie" after I get extra food or etc. Other than Kop Kun kap

Archived