Thais third most travelled, Agoda survey finds

snoop1130

9 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

compare prices food is more expansive in Thailand then in the west unless you eat

c232 food like you eat in Thailand

Are you Thai as well? Expansive and expensive are two different words with different meanings.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 8:03 PM, snoop1130 said:

Britons lead the way for globetrotting, taking the top spot for the highest number of international countries visited according to the “Well Travelled Survey” commissioned by Agoda

That's because we have the worst country to live in.

We conquered half the world in an attempt to avoid our weather and our women.

This "survey" is such a tremendous nonsense.

Just looked at it again.

Swiss and Germans on avarage travelling less countries than Thai?

What a .... (self deleted) :closedeyes:

Well Travelled Survey” commissioned by Agoda

If only they could explain in clear words what they surveyed.

At least far from what I would derive from the headline.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

If there is any truth to these figures I would guess it has something to do with cheap Air Asia-type fares to other ASEAN countries.  If you ever tried to book tickets during one of their big sales you'll see just how cheap the prices can get and how fast they sell out.  I once got a rt KL-Siem Reap for around US$25, which is ridiculously low considering the visa and exit permit alone cost about double that.  Thai ladies take shopping trips to HK and come back with bag loads of stuff (they all know "Marks & Spencer").  I would guess most middle-class ladies in the region do such trips.  A few times when I've fallen into conversation with locals in my travels I've been asked for price comparisons of accommodation and goods in neighboring countries.  And then there are quick cross border jaunts, like Malaysian lads crossing into LOS for sport, Lao ladies crossing in to shop at Tesco, etc.

I would think a good percentage of the Mericans in this survey are about vacation jaunts to nearby countries (Mexico, Caribbean countries, etc). 

And now with the EU is a trip like France to Germany no longer considered international travel?  (I'm asking.)

Edited by bendejo

On 9/25/2019 at 6:03 AM, snoop1130 said:

Americans are the least travelled, with 29 per cent having never been overseas.

This does not surprise me.  Growing up (born in 57 in the USA) people that had traveled abroad or had passports were basically unheard of.  Part of the reason no doubt is the USA really is big and has such a wide range of temperatures, geography, coastal, inland regions, lakes, mountains, forests, deserts, wildly different city types from big to small etc.  Also, the average USA worker traditionally did not have a lot of vacation time.  Gosh, in Rhode Island, I knew people that had barely left the city they were born in.  A trip to New York was an adventure form anywhere even from New England.  An occasional visit to Niagara Falls and Canada was a little bit common.  Thailand being third seems a bit odd, although I can believe that many Thais, have been to a handful of regional Asian countries like Cambodia, Laos, Burma, Malaysia, etc. 

On 9/25/2019 at 9:34 AM, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Figures for Thais would probably relate to Asean countries easy travel.

Australians can not travel to any other country by road. So if facts correct not a bad effort for the Aussies.

????????????

Similar for the USA folks.  Trips to Canada (Niagara Falls) were not rare, and if in California of course many people shuffle over to Tijuana Mexico.  The USA has such a wide range of geography, topography, weather, etc.  that if one is only interested in flora and fauna differences, CONUS travel by car is easy, no, well almost no border or hiway police stops (unless one is driving across I-10 in New Mexico where there are some immigration check points, and on the I-5 near San Diego which occasionally rolls out the lane blocks

On 9/29/2019 at 9:18 PM, White Christmas13 said:

if I would be Thai I would not argue with Yinn

Only argue with thai people. Is true.

You argue everything I say. Everytime. You and thai wife divorce already right? 

Argue with thai is your hobby! 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I guess the upside of being a TV sceptic is you're never alone, eh?

He say I the sex worker, the man, the Aussie, the English, I pregnant. 

He say he “ignore” me but is lie. Say ignore when can not answer.

Other one say I the Burmese, Chinese. the ladyboy, the man, the thai basher, the farang basher. I live Australia, I live england.

Other say sex thing. 

Just ignore. There problem. My life so good. They jealous.

I annoying them them because I say the true thing.

They not want to believe true. I try to help post true thing, news, video.

they just post argue everyone. For what?

only TVF have this people.

I join the other caucasion news site already. NOBODY like this. People is polite, only talk about the news. And not fake news. Interesting. About the world.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

I join the other caucasion news site already ...

After being told that 'farang' can be seen as offensive, Yinn, I think you're trying a bit too hard to avoid giving offence now. Hence your use of 'caucasion' in recent posts, which is probably the wrong word in the circumstances quoted above.

Your willingness to change the word you use is EXACTLY what's happened in western countries over the years, and is still happening today. As a youngster, decades ago, I used words to describe people that I'd never use now because I've come to see them as nasty and hurtful, even though i didn't realise that at the time. Just as some foreigners in Thailand see the Thai words for them as offensive in some circumstances. It's good to see your flexibility in language use. Well done.

The news site you've now joined is almost certainly not a 'caucasian' site (I'd REALLY hope it's not because that'd suggest it's a racist-type site) but an 'English-language' site, open to all who want to participate in English. You'll probably find many participants,from all over the world are writing in a language that's not their own, just as there are many here too.

Even though we've mildly disagreed on certain things in the past, I hope you'll still come back here to TVF after joining this new site.

On 10/1/2019 at 11:06 AM, MartinL said:

After being told that 'farang' can be seen as offensive, Yinn, I think you're trying a bit too hard to avoid giving offence now. Hence your use of 'caucasion' in recent posts, which is probably the wrong word in the circumstances quoted above.

Your willingness to change the word you use is EXACTLY what's happened in western countries over the years, and is still happening today. As a youngster, decades ago, I used words to describe people that I'd never use now because I've come to see them as nasty and hurtful, even though i didn't realise that at the time. Just as some foreigners in Thailand see the Thai words for them as offensive in some circumstances. It's good to see your flexibility in language use. Well done.

The caucasions on TVF use the farang word all the time. Everyday. Nobody says anything about that. 

But if Yinn use it, some people angry. 

The news site you've now joined is almost certainly not a 'caucasian' site (I'd REALLY hope it's not because that'd suggest it's a racist-type site) but an 'English-language' site, open to all who want to participate in English.

Not really can can change everything to “English speaking”. Some caucasions not speak English. 

I will just use caucasion. 

You'll probably find many participants,from all over the world are writing in a language that's not their own, just as there are many here too.

Even though we've mildly disagreed on certain things in the past, I hope you'll still come back here to TVF after joining this new site.

I still use thaivisa. The other one not free if use often. Every month free little bit.

I just say the other one not have the angry people so much. Nearly every thred TVF have the people want to argue. Something wrong with the brain like that. Argue everything. For what?

Other thing I say is about me. They say I am Burmese/Aussie/england/Chinese ladyboy/man pregnant sexworker live in England and Australia!

Is possible? Or not?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Yinn said:

The caucasions on TVF use the farang word all the time. Everyday. Nobody says anything about that. 

But if Yinn use it, some people angry. 

Not really can can change everything to “English speaking”. Some caucasions not speak English. 

I will just use caucasion. 

I still use thaivisa. The other one not free if use often. Every month free little bit.

I just say the other one not have the angry people so much. Nearly every thred TVF have the people want to argue. Something wrong with the brain like that. Argue everything. For what?

Other thing I say is about me. They say I am Burmese/Aussie/england/Chinese ladyboy/man pregnant sexworker live in England and Australia!

Is possible? Or not?

Back to the original topic-I certainly met Thais who were very well travelled-certainly more so than the average Australian-and I am Australian.

Their language skills were better too.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Back to the original topic-I certainly met Thais who were very well travelled-certainly more so than the average Australian-and I am Australian.

Their language skills were better too.

Thai like travel. Is fun. Interesting. I will go many country before I die.

• Like 1

Well half my wifes family have traveled ,her brother has lived in America twice , her neice is there now in uni ,her sister lives in the UK had been on holiday  there and America years ago ,two sisters her nephew all travel and they are not rich , but ordinary folk ,but with either their own business or good jobs ,so they travel .  

• Like 1