ExGirlfriend Holding My Stuff At Randsome

ExpatLife

On 9/28/2019 at 12:52 PM, RedPill said:

Online protection is one thing, but the moment someone has your device physically in front of them ... everyone can gain access and by-pass your user logons.

And once inside, it's good bye to your private life & your money at risk, if there are bad thoughts behind it.

not if your drives are encrypted, then they have nothing. they cant even boot.

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

This reminds me of another story where a farang bought a house or shop with his own money for his wife but was kicked out of his own house afterwards because foreigners can't own landed properties.

Morale of story is 'beware of gold-diggers'.

It's a classic story here

not an isolate case.

3 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

It's a classic story here

not an isolate case.

I’m not saying it has never happened but is it really that common. 

During my many years coming here and knowing many foreigners who have married I’ve yet to see a case first hand where this has occurred. 

Couples have split yes but not in this way. 

Edited by Kadilo

16 hours ago, Gumballl said:

...this thread can be closed....

It's the lonly thing about what you are right.

As some guys did here you have jumped into the thread to post without read what happened before.

The case have been resolved some days ago.

And yes it's probably time to close it

someone?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I’m not saying it has never happened but is it really that common. 

During my many years coming here and knowing many foreigners who have married I’ve yet to see a case first hand where this has occurred. 

Couples have split yes but not in this way. 

Of course usualy the victims are not on a forum or anywhere to boast about that

i personaly knew 3 of them.

2 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Of course usualy the victims are not on a forum or anywhere to boast about that

i personaly knew 3 of them.

Yes I didnt mean coming here as in on this forum, I meant coming to Thailand but fair play, maybe the ones i know have just been lucky. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 6:09 AM, amykat said:

Go back and start sleeping there.  Who said you moved out?  Then when she is not expecting it, get your things and leave.

My Ex. got my condo (long story)...and I did like you suggest....got us back together again, thought I'd get her to sign it back to me while we were on good terms again...problem was...things were going so well I didn't want to rock the boat too soon after so decided to leave it for a "respectable" amount of time...but before I knew it .. we were at each other's throaths again in no time...I left again....without even approaching the subject. Guess I have to laugh at the whole thing...better than crying anyway..555.

• Haha 1

Try to get police to go with you...............if they again tell you, nothing they can do............then ya probably need to turn the page n move on as much as u want to choke her right now.

Why didnt you take your things BEFORE u left?

Now ya know.........never take a bar rat for anything more than short time........99% ends in some form of disaster as u know NOW

Well done, it seems you got most of your gear back apart from the camera. I'd say swallow that one, and in future invest in a key drive or some cloud storage for your important data. There have been many, many similar cases where blokes have lost a lot more than just a camera. Think yourself lucky and well rid of her. 

You've had a tough lesson that women (in general) can be incredibly unreasonable at the end of a relationship, regardless of her nationality or occupation. Learn from it, and don't make the same mistakes twice. I'm still making the same old mistakes at 50 pal, so don't lose heart, just try not to find yourself in the same situation. Good luck in the future.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 9:53 AM, RedPill said:

First thing, buy a 1TB USB drive at Lazada to back up, or enable iCloud backups

NOT from Lazada. I was looking for one last week and all the reviews said they were worthless. Try Amazon or some Western company that isn't going to source fakes from China.

7 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

of course you got your imac back, it was your imac.

some people here dont seem to understand that if you are in the country legally, not done anything wrong and have nothing to hide you actually do have a leg to stand on.

the run away brigade live in fear.   

they think everyone else should to.

The problem being so much <deleted> is passed around on the internet these blinky dudes think it is all true. No rights, Thais have all the leverage. I know two farangs who had accidents that resulted in the death of a Thai and the police said not your fault, but both did have dash camera in their car. People just do not know.

On 9/28/2019 at 9:51 AM, ExpatLife said:

funny you meet a girl who works at a bank, seems ok, live with her for 4 years and then when you want to break up, all hell breaks loose

They all act and look like angels. 

But in the end we need to hear the girl story as well. We can’t judge by only one side story. 

Edited by The Theory
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Captain 776 said:

Try to get police to go with you...............if they again tell you, nothing they can do............then ya probably need to turn the page n move on as much as u want to choke her right now.

Why didnt you take your things BEFORE u left?

Now ya know.........never take a bar rat for anything more than short time........99% ends in some form of disaster as u know NOW

If forming a relationship with a Thai lady just pay as you go no contracts.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 4:56 PM, RedPill said:

Of course you don't do. That's what I'm saying. Seeing people like you,

I don’t want to get in the middle of a pissing contest. To Paraphrase old people are crabby, lost all their since 

niceness etc. 

The age doesn't young or old living someplace doesn’t 

change unless you let. My Grandpa was one the kindest 

people you'd ever meet as was Grandma.... 

Point all Old people aren’t crabby ass full of conflict.

And many are a wealth of information and real solutions...

.....ok back to you pissing contest 

On 9/28/2019 at 12:35 PM, JaiLai said:

What woud you recommend?

My recommend is move on, accept that life sucks and learn the lesson.

If he's been to the police and they said they'd arrest him if he went back, there is nothing left, IMO, unless one wants to break in, get the gear and leave the country same day, OR pay the <deleted> to get it back.

Too late now, but for others in that situation, don't alert the <deleted>, wait till she's out of the house, and take everything, move to another location in another part of LOS, change phone number etc and never communicate with her again.