Rise of Skywalker's JJ Abrams isn't "trying to repair" Star Wars after The Last Jedi

snoop1130

Rise of Skywalker's JJ Abrams isn't "trying to repair" Star Wars after The Last Jedi

BY JOE ANDERTON

687883034_3579546280001_jj-abrams-star-wars.jpg

LUCASFILM / BAD ROBOT / DISNEY

Rian Johnson made some bold choices with Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and from the footage we've seen so far of The Rise of Skywalker, it looks like JJ Abrams might be undoing some of those choices (Kylo Ren putting his helmet back together, for one).

Unsurprisingly, that's got fans divided.

But JJ is adamant that he won't be spending his film retconning the previous movie's events, telling Empire that:"I never found myself trying to repair anything. If I had done VIII, I would have done things differently, just as Rian would have done things differently if he had done VII."

"But having worked on television series, I was accustomed to creating stories and characters that then were run by other people.

Full Story: https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a29288796/star-wars-jj-abrams-not-trying-to-fix-last-jedi/

On 10/1/2019 at 12:00 AM, canuckamuck said:

Whatever, I try to watch good movies in the theater. I'll be watching the next Star Wars from a torrent and only if it gets good buzz. Star Wars is over

Yeah. The Last Jedi killed it. They didn't even abide by their own rules of what a Jedi could or could not do.

IMO caused because they just HAD to put a "strong" female character in- tossers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They had 30 years to have the perfect continuation after TROTR. So many fan made stories that are awesome they could have used or have been tweaked. But no, they had to do their own rubbish storyline and rush it. Oh well. ????????

Don't think it needs repairing. I was around for the originals like many here but don't go with the general buttthurt haters-gonna-hate drivel because of the way it has panned out or this or that minute detail - gee, they got a woman in there (she's brilliant) and a black man, get over it. Nostalgia aside, 4-6 are untouchable, but reckon 7 & 8 were very good (way beyond 1-2 - jajabinks lol), and expecting 9 to be an epic.

On 10/5/2019 at 8:16 AM, daveAustin said:

4-6 are untouchable,

LOL. Have you forgotten the awful teddy bear things ( age related forgetfulness has deleted their name from my memory banks ).

Seems every Star Wars movie has something to ruin it.

Ja Ja Binks indeed- who was the <deleted> that thought it was a good idea to put that in a movie?

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Have you forgotten the awful teddy bear things ( age related forgetfulness has deleted their name from my memory banks ).

Seems every Star Wars movie has something to ruin it.

Ja Ja Binks indeed- who was the <deleted> that thought it was a good idea to put that in a movie?

tried re watching the series a few years back. painful, but i was like 10 when they came out so i suspect my tastes have changed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, metempsychotic said:

tried re watching the series a few years back. painful, but i was like 10 when they came out so i suspect my tastes have changed.

Sometimes it isn't a good idea to go back. I, like everyone, loved the 007 movies, but when I watched them ( box set ) recently they were terrible. Shoddy special effects, banal scripts etc.

However, sometimes series age well. The Avengers with Diana Rigg is still brilliant. 

I made the mistake of watching Patrick McGoohan's The Prisoner a while back- it was diabolically bad. On the other hand I can watch Father Ted over and over.