SURVEY: Where is the Blue Diamond?

Scott

SURVEY: Where is the Blue Diamond?  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some of our members who have been around for a while, will remember the Saudi gem case and the still missing Blue Diamond.   For newer members, the on-going saga, which began in 1989, with a Thai laborer stealing millions in gems from a member of the Saudi Royal Family.   The result, was missing jewels, a downgrade in diplomatic relations and a number of dead bodies.  

The largest of the jewels which remains missing, was a large blue diamond.   In your opinion, will it ever be recovered?

Please feel free to leave a comment.

Read more here:

1 hour ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Google has the answer

and Wiki does it better...   

the thief was just the 'sleeper' tasked to get it...

secretly well paid; with having to go to prison being part of the deal (just a minor technicality) 

• Like 1

I wonder how this poor worker who claimed he was also broke from gambling debts ...how did he manage to pay DHL to ship to Thailand, a package of 200 pounds?  Plus had money to put inside to bribe customs with only a note, saying please don’t look at my package, just take the money??

When I shipped some things here that should not have been taxed, part of moving here, customs used the cost of shipping against me.  I had one bill of over $1000 of air freight ...they look at that to decide what might be in the boxes and it’s worth.  Mine happened to be old photos and things not very valuable.  I can’t even begin to imagine how much 200 lbs shipped DHL might be???  I bet that guy didn’t have a credit card back then.

But then we are supposed to believe he is so unorganized later, that he sells the pieces for $30 each, I think he could not even recoup his shipping costs in that case.  He must have been hired to do this job ....have I read that somewhere ...can’t remember??  Maybe a certain banned book I read said something years ago??

13 minutes ago, amykat said:

He must have been hired to do this job ....have I read that somewhere ...can’t remember??

plenty of avenues of reading material on this subject

blue diamond conspiracy Saudi / Thailand

Thai wives are also a good source of juicy stories - especially when they are fans of 'past' govts