UK police arrest 10 climate activists before protests

rooster59

9 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I absolutely do recall the poll tax demonstrations, those that lead the glorious moment of Thatcher being caught sneaking out the back door of No. 10, not those of the Wat Tyler Peasants’ Revolt she failed to learn from.

At the time I was a post graduate student at Edinburgh and had a front row seat to the idiocy of Thatcher trialing the poll tax on the Scottish.

The demonstrations against the poll tax are an example of the power of collective action.

Wat Tyler's revolt was against a King. Didn't work out well for him. Are you suggesting Maggie should've had the Sheriff of Edinburgh chop of their heads? 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I hope other countries follow the example and stop these lunatics.

If not, violence will occur on road blocks etc.

Patience of citizens can't be endless.

lets keep violence at home where it belongs.

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

People exercising their democratic right to peacefully protest.

The usual suspects triggered to their usual response.

I saw a movie like that where people were arrested for crimes they might commit in the future.

8 hours ago, Letseng said:

More countries should do this.

If only Thailand had this policy  and prevented you from posting the above opinion.

• Confused 1

Starting to look a lot like 1984. Thought police arresting people for thinking about doing things. The world starting to coalesce into three large blocks that constantly drift between two being partners and fighting the third (Europe, USA and China. Governments collecting data on all its people. Perhaps its all conspiracy theories?

• Haha 1

On 10/7/2019 at 1:40 AM, Dionigi said:

Starting to look a lot like 1984. Thought police arresting people for thinking about doing things. The world starting to coalesce into three large blocks that constantly drift between two being partners and fighting the third (Europe, USA and China. Governments collecting data on all its people. Perhaps its all conspiracy theories?

Nonsense! They were not arrested for 'thinking' about doing things. They were 'planning', 'plotting' or 'conspiring' to commit crimes and thus were arrested as would be the case with any criminals planning a crime be it a bank robbery or an act of terror.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Actually, I think it's more likely that people who believe nonsense like this must spend most of their time living in a cave. That the best explanation there is for how massively unacquainted they are with the huge progress being made in solar energy, wind energy, and storage. 

Well just ask Trump he will tell you wind mills give you cancer

7 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Actually, I think it's more likely that people who believe nonsense like this must spend most of their time living in a cave. That the best explanation there is for how massively unacquainted they are with the huge progress being made in solar energy, wind energy, and storage. 

Wind energy? You mean those big things that kill birds?

• Like 1

To add:

I think the extent to which these people are protesting, is completely unacceptable, because they are a huge, unnecessary drain on the Police.

Cressida Dick said that it takes the Police away from violent crime:

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/cressida-dick-extinction-rebellion-protests-drawing-police-away-from-violent-crime-battle-a4259276.html

Everyday it seems, another young person dies from being stabbed.

IMG_20191012_084935.png

Edited by faraday
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/12/2019 at 8:50 AM, faraday said:

To add:

I think the extent to which these people are protesting, is completely unacceptable, because they are a huge, unnecessary drain on the Police.

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/cressida-dick-extinction-rebellion-protests-drawing-police-away-from-violent-crime-battle-a4259276.html

IMG_20191012_084935.png

Actually the hugest unnecessary drain on the police came from the Tories who slashed their ranks.

• Sad 1

On 10/11/2019 at 8:50 PM, faraday said:

To add:

IMG_20191012_084935.png

Meh... just another "bump in the road" on the path to *diversity* utopia.

• Like 1