Curfews for Residential Neighborhoods?

ehs818

I live in South Pattaya. There are 2 AirBnB type places on my Soi, both are houses with pools in their front yards. These are, not condos or townhouses. The guests sometimes party loud into the night, sometimes as late as 3:00am.  It keeps many of us awake well past a reasonable time (10-11pm). 

My question is this: Is there a city curfew for residential neighborhoods? IS it ever enforced, and who do we talk to to file a noise complaint?  Yeah, I know, it's Pattaya so what should I expect. But it's getting to be a serious problems, especially on the weekends. But many of us have jobs and small kids and we would like to be able to sleep through the night.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Are the guests staying for more than 30 days. If not shop the owners to immigration and the Police.

I think that's only for condos, not for "resorts" or whatever that place could be registered as... I think that was discussed in this forum a while back.

To be quite honest,I don't know if I would stay in south Pattaya long term and complain about noise. I used to stay there, smack dab in the middle and was aware about the noise. Then I grew older and decided to move to Jomtien. 

• Like 1

You can try the City Hall hotline 1337 (for English press 9 will follow). They work 24 hours. I called them so often since every day the bar noise with extremely big bass speakers starts in front of my condo at 5 in the afternoon and goes until 2 in the morning. Success? None in many years. But perhaps your Airbnb accommodation is not so much above the law as some bars here. Try it. At least you could talk to someone ????

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

To be quite honest,I don't know if I would stay in south Pattaya long term and complain about noise. I used to stay there, smack dab in the middle and was aware about the noise. Then I grew older and decided to move to Jomtien. 

Just to find out that Jomtien has a lot of noise too... ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, from the racers on 2nd Rd to various open air poolside parties. Plenty of complaints.

If you stay near a busy bar or when the Rompho bar area was busy,then it should be noisy. Who cares about a racing bike on 2nd Rd? That's normal. No one is complaining in Jomtien. That's just bs.  

Speaking from 15 years of ex[perience trying to find a nice, quiet place in the city, it seems that it doesn't really matter where you live in Pattaya, or how much due diligence you put into buying your place, sooner of later somebody or something will come along making lots of noise at antisocial hours. I guess the message is that it's a holiday/party town and is going to stay that way, regardless of how much residents dislike it, and if you want a peaceful place to live find another town, Huay Yai, or Bang Saray maybe.

Ah! The joys of being a grumpy old foreigner who expects a place on the other side of the world to conform to his wants. It ain't gonna happen. 

Unless you are a member of the religion of peace then said grumpy old foreigners back home fall over themselves to allow you impose their will. Or at least their democratically elected Government does.

• Sad 1

I sympathise with you, we live 800m from a beach in Rayong and a few years ago the resorts would sometimes go on till 4am without turning the volume down. One night/morning we phoned nearly every police number except the emergency number in Ban Phe & Rayong without an answer. Thankfully the army cracked down on the resorts so apart from a few wedding parties etc amongst our neighbors it does shut down at night.

8 hours ago, Captain 776 said:

Yes........very annoying when u cant sleep.

A large container of dish soap in the pool will curtail those parties for a while.

jus sayin

My Thai wife put dish soap in our first dishwasher in the USA.  I had to use a snow shovel to get the nearly meter-high suds out of the kitchen.  Local teenagers used to like putting a pint of soap in a small fountain.  Impressive.

• Haha 1

I spend a lot of time finding a quiet condo in Jomtien. And it was great for several years until a restaurant nearby opened a chicken farm with several roosters. Now it's hell they crow all night and at 5 am to make sure i am awake. Basically no one gives a toss about other people.

2 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

My Thai wife put dish soap in our first dishwasher in the USA.  I had to use a snow shovel to get the nearly meter-high suds out of the kitchen.  Local teenagers used to like putting a pint of soap in a small fountain.  Impressive.

My brother put dish soap in the dishwasher. The cat used to sleep on the shelf under the dishwasher. Ever seen a ball of froth/bubbles traveling at 20 mph?

Edited by VocalNeal

21 hours ago, Henryford said:

I spend a lot of time finding a quiet condo in Jomtien. And it was great for several years until a restaurant nearby opened a chicken farm with several roosters. Now it's hell they crow all night and at 5 am to make sure i am awake. Basically no one gives a toss about other people.

That is life here, sadly it can happen in a house too. New neighbours who like dogs. Sadly Thais all seem to want to have a menagerie, chickens, many dogs, and I even had geese nearby and this is a group of  supposedly nice houses... I plan to sell and move on and am looking for a pig farmer.