Spirit of cooperation! Thais, Farangs, Monk all help Japanese accident victim

webfact

Spirit of cooperation! Thais, Farangs, Monk all help Japanese accident victim

5pm1.jpg

Thai caption : Praise for Thai,Farang and Monk after Japanese comes off bike

Chiang Mai News published a feel good story after a Japanese man came off his motorcycle on the way to the Kiwfin viewpoint in Mae Kampong, Lampang. 

A post by a Thai man called Thayakorn, 40, said that he was on his way up the steep road with friends when he came upon the scene. 

A monk on a pilgrimage was there helping out - and he wouldn't accept money offered to him by the Japanese man.

4pm.jpg
Picture: Chiang Mai News

Also involved were male and female farang tourists who helped out. 

And the Huay kaew rescue services were praised for their actions too.

4pm44.jpg
Picture: Chiang Mai News

It was a wonderful team effort to help someone in distress. 

The poster warned about taking old vehicles up the incline as it is dangerous. 

Source: Chiang Mai News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-24

Yep, that's it! Leave the bike and the rider in the road to get the photo's.

Car comes over the bridge of the road, unaware that there is an accident and the Japanese fellow gets finished off.

Just help the guy, move him to safety and stay with him until help arrives.

For Christ's sake, look at the photo where the Japanese guy lifts his head so he is in the shot! Ridiculous. ????

4 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

I love the selfie shot of the two caucasians with the injured guy laying in the background haha????????????????.

yeah yeah stupidSan hold your horses we got to pose before we tend to your wounds lol lol ????????????????????????

She has a hefty pair of thighs on her, she could break your neck or jaw easily with those.

7 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Where i come from, it's not only normal to help a victim of an accident, but you can be prosecuted if you don't stop to help.

How this is making the news leaves me slightly perplexed.

This is normal in Thailand...... sure you are not Thai 555

7 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Where i come from, it's not only normal to help a victim of an accident, but you can be prosecuted if you don't stop to help.

How this is making the news leaves me slightly perplexed.

Same where I come from. 

Same in almost any western country. 

Japanese also generally will help. 

Chinese generally will not, same for Chinese-style countries like Thailand.

Before anyone attacks me, Thais have written about this extensively. 

3 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Same where I come from. 

Same in almost any western country. 

Japanese also generally will help. 

Chinese generally will not, same for Chinese-style countries like Thailand.

Before anyone attacks me, Thais have written about this extensively. 

I don't think anyone will attack you, actually i have read a few times about people stopping to help, and ending up being accused of wrongdoing.

2 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

No i am not, and still a bit baffled why this is in the news.

I have been around Asia for over 25 years, different countries but unfortunately the majority of them with same attitude/behavior towards helping anybody (mainly foreigners but sometimes their own race as well) in trouble. While living in the US, one day driving down the Freeway /Highway the car in front of me lost control and went against the divider and then to the side ditch where it got stuck, instead of calling the Highway patrol I went to check on the person(s) and try to help the driver out of the car, did it without any bad intention and by my standards I save 3 peoples life's as the car burned out.... making it shorter,  6 months later was called to the station to be interviewed by the cops because the driver claimed it was my fault that he lost control (I was behind, thus far from his car) after around 3 months of back and forth arguments I was left off the hook but the time and aggravation that I endured during that period will always remain... after that I never stopped when seeing an accident or people requiring help

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

I have been around Asia for over 25 years, different countries but unfortunately the majority of them with same attitude/behavior towards helping anybody (mainly foreigners but sometimes their own race as well) in trouble. While living in the US, one day driving down the Freeway /Highway the car in front of me lost control and went against the divider and then to the side ditch where it got stuck, instead of calling the Highway patrol I went to check on the person(s) and try to help the driver out of the car, did it without any bad intention and by my standards I save 3 peoples life's as the car burned out.... making it shorter,  6 months later was called to the station to be interviewed by the cops because the driver claimed it was my fault that he lost control (I was behind, thus far from his car) after around 3 months of back and forth arguments I was left off the hook but the time and aggravation that I endured during that period will always remain... after that I never stopped when seeing an accident or people requiring help

Thanks for sharing you rather sad experience.

Yes, it can happen everywhere, as everywhere we have a fair share of barstewards.

I am sure that i would stop and try to help anyway, although recently, in Thailand, i stay far from the roads as much as i can..Too much madness.

Archived