Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Thai Visa Denied in Cambodia

1 hour ago, eg84 said:

I also inquired about the situation between foreigners who come for longer time on tourism and she mentioned we're only allowed to stay 180 days out of the year.

Well, based on your original post you well exceeded the limit, maybe you should have not enquired. ????

Anyways, I do not believe a single word of what has been posted, from the original post to the last one. And that's a non-inflamatory personal opinion.

Edited by lkv

1 hour ago, eg84 said:

Nope. Apparently after someone reported me from here, they investigated the date posted, fly from Cambodia and mention of Don Muang airport, to find me. Everything happens for a reason so let's see where the universe brings us ????

Seems unlikely.

• Like 1

Such a suspicious Community. Can care less if you don't believe what happened. Is what it is, only one knows ????

Don't worry folks. I won't invade your precious space. I only came to share what happened and got to experience a lot of horror stories of visa issues from the country I fell in love with. Enjoy the suspicious energy you've set out for yourselves. It's got to be consuming. 

4 hours ago, eg84 said:

she mentioned we're only allowed to stay 180 days out of the year. Apparently their main concern seems to surround foreigners that come here on Tourist visas and find jobs to support themselves.

That is the going "rule" in DMK, but there is no actual official rule limiting how long you can stay on tourist visas. Would be curious to know if they mean 180 days in a calendar year, or 180 days within 365 days. Understandable they don't want illegal workers, but there's plenty of people who have residual income overseas and don't need to work being all-year tourists (in Thailand or elsewhere).

P.S. I find it funny that some posters doubt Thai immigration police would be able to find the OP based on a forum post. Just how many people do you think were issued a void visa in PP on Oct 21, and entered DMK with a tourist visa on Oct 24 flying Air Asia? They have all this information available so it would be extremely easy to cross reference.

4 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

Them and other officials with a need to know about foreign influence.  This has been going on for over a decade now.

Probably only the top ranks:Lower ranked IOs, doubt very much that the ones we personally deal with at border checkpoints and immigration offices can be bothered to follow Thaivisa forums. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eg84 said:

I got added on Line, by a DMK police investigator and was told they made a mistake when stamping me in. Should be 30 days, not 60 days, as my visa is indeed invalid.

Well, you allowed it to be added and therefore it is your fault.

33 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

That is the going "rule" in DMK, but there is no actual official rule limiting how long you can stay on tourist visas. Would be curious to know if they mean 180 days in a calendar year, or 180 days within 365 days. Understandable they don't want illegal workers, but there's plenty of people who have residual income overseas and don't need to work being all-year tourists (in Thailand or elsewhere).

P.S. I find it funny that some posters doubt Thai immigration police would be able to find the OP based on a forum post. Just how many people do you think were issued a void visa in PP on Oct 21, and entered DMK with a tourist visa on Oct 24 flying Air Asia? They have all this information available so it would be extremely easy to cross reference.

My guess is that there is no hard and fast rule stating categorically that 180 days per year on TVs and exemptions is the limit, probably just rule of thumb for IOs to take a closer look and refer to supervisor if it looks like someone is close to or exceeding this threshold. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

My guess is that there is no hard and fast rule stating categorically that 180 days per year on TVs and exemptions is the limit, probably just rule of thumb for IOs to take a closer look and refer to supervisor if it looks like someone is close to or exceeding this threshold. 

Obviously the IOs are being told something which we are not privy to. Do they have a quota or an incentive for refusing someone entry? It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

All those tour operators and guesthouse owners are now looking at going bust because of this. Well done Thailand. I'm sure the Indians will save the day. Owners of short time rooms need to start supplying at least four small condoms.

Edited by SteveK
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, SteveK said:

I see that as a good thing. If they know that people are making online reports about interactions with immigration officers, be they good or bad, then maybe they will be less likely to make up the rules as they go along or treat people poorly.

I wish I shared your belief in people!

Just reporting back. I got a Visa, but already a warning. So two exempt entries are too much already. 

I have been out of the country for 5 months straight. 

I wish the family wouldn't visit next January. There are basically two ways either checking with Thai to reroute the flight, unlikely. Let them fly to CEI, and bring them straight over the border in Chiang Khong.

My other buddies who wanted visit a bit later I rerouted them to the Phillies already.

On 10/27/2019 at 4:32 PM, eg84 said:

Apparently my post here drawn the attention of the immigration police. I got added on Line, by a DMK police investigator and was told they made a mistake when stamping me in. Should be 30 days, not 60 days, as my visa is indeed invalid.

I wonder who the forummer is that informed immigration police.

On 10/27/2019 at 5:06 PM, sanemax said:

Immigration officers  do also read this forum as well 

Wow.

This must be an influential forum then for immigration officers to read.

This will enable them to nab more people on long-term stay on tourist visas.

5 hours ago, lkv said:

Verbal warning or stamp on the upper part of the visa sticker?

Stamp. There still were lots of agents, and literally 100's of passports lying in a row. Mostly the dark red ones like most Europeans have. Don't remember the colours of Cambodian passports but I would assume it's for them.

When I dropped my papers, only two young guys around. When I picked up, only another guy there. I was called first, despite coming in later. My guess, he got the asscard.

• Thanks 1