Thai Visa Denied in Cambodia

7 hours ago, eg84 said:

1 - entry mid Jan with 2 months visa from HK. 

2 - left mid March to Cambodia. Got 2 months visa there

3 - entry early April Thailand

4 - got visa extension until early July. Left early July to Hong Kong.

5 - entry early August to Thailand without visa because wanted get 30 days landing visa as needed go Singapore mid August for work

6 - left Thailand mid August

7 - re-entered Thailand 2 days later, same landing visa 

8 - got visa extension to stay until mid October

9 - left to Cambodia get another 2 months, sadly, was denied. 

You pushed your luck toooo far !

It's like you were wishing for this natural consequence !

10 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

My friends  most of them were spending well over an 100 k monthly. I wouldn’t call them poor or desperate.

Int School one child 30k monthly, House rental 28k monthly, car payment 12 k monthly, groceries parties, visas, insurances,  electricity etc 30k.

They left and not coming back either.

Not tourists then!

i, as well as a number of other notable past long term residents have also left, one of those actually has a retirement visa, another often proclaims how affluent he is.

me i can say i could easily qualify for a long term visa cash wise if i chose to do so, and have actually done so in the not too distant past. voided when the junta took over and also stopped sending money monthly into thailand as well. these days i mostly spend most of the year in other more visa friendly SEA countries as do others mention above

Edited by rottenScoundrill
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, eg84 said:

Absolutely. Have been reading so many threads here and it's astonishing to see the country I fell in love with over the past 10+ months, to feel we're no longer really wanted here. ????????

I think will make a move to a new country every 3 months and come back Thailand once or twice a year. It's really enjoyable here, from the land, nature, the people, it's culture and food. Lost nearly 20kg simply just by eating Thai food. I'm honestly going to miss this place after my 2 months is up. Thanks for the replies all and bless you all for sending good vibes. 

You'll be on overstay for the second part of your stay, if she stamped you what my understanding is she did. But don't worry 500x30 it's only 15k baht.

Thanks for not attaching the entry stamp.

Enjoy the holiday.

Edited by lkv

I would also like to take this opportunity to advise of the following:

As per the following post:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1395920320731833?view=permalink&id=2541713042819216

It is my understanding that various Thai IO's are taking pictures of visas from the passports of travelers, with their personal phones.

Also, I will remind everybody that this is an anonymous forum, where anybody can post anything, and posts from users that joined recently should be regarded with skepticism.

If the above scenario is indeed true, a visa that has not been signed by a consul and has "void with prejudice" written on it, does not entitle the holder of such a visa to a stay in Thailand, and at best, if nationality allows, the traveler would be granted a visa exempt entry.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, eg84 said:

Absolutely. Have been reading so many threads here and it's astonishing to see the country I fell in love with over the past 10+ months, to feel we're no longer really wanted here.

You are jumping to the wrong conclusion. Westerners are no longer welcome at Don Mueang airport and, to a lesser extent, Suvarnabhumi airport. Based on current reports, if under the age of 50 you should only use those airports if you have spent less than 4 months in Thailand over the past year, and make sure you have 20,000 in Thai currency (and not just the equivalent in other currencies or travelers checks as the actual rule states). Ed visas are no longer much protection, but Elite and marriage visas are.

If you are lucky enough to live near Chiang Mai airport, you should always enter the country there. If there is no direct flight between where you are and there, choose to fly via an airport outside Thailand that does fly directly to Chiang Mai, such as HCMC, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, and Hong Kong is very cheap at the moment. Anything to avoid the Bangkok airports.

The current crackdown on Westerners is based on an underestimation of how much money Westerners pump into the Thai economy, and an overestimation of how much their replacements, the Chinese and Indian tourists, will spend. It is just one of many sectors of the economy being mismanaged by the army. My hunch is that banjaxing the economy will result in the current gang being turfed out and replaced by a democratic government which will re-introduce the previous, easier rules.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, lkv said:

If the above scenario is indeed true, a visa that has not been signed by a consul and has "void with prejudice" written on it, does not entitle the holder of such a visa to a stay in Thailand, and at best, if nationality allows, the traveler would be granted a visa exempt entry.

I’m pretty sure anyone that gets a voided visa and a stamp saying denied knows that ????

6 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I’m pretty sure anyone that gets a voided visa and a stamp saying denied knows that ????

Well, not the OP apparently. He is claiming he's off to enjoy his 2 months.

I think it's enough input on my side, to me most of these posts all have the same format, if you look at their structure.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lkv said:

I think it's enough input on my side, to me most of these posts all have the same format, if you look at their structure.

Not sure what you're on about. The immigration officer stamped both my passport and the TM6 with 60 days. According to the immigration officer, she said the visa was valid therefore gave me 60 days. If you feel otherwise, do you have any posts or threads of actual use cases similar to this exact situation or you just spouting opinions with scare tactics of 15k baht penalty? 

You are not a tourist. You like thousands before you are attempting to live in Thailand via repeated unending visitor visas. Good luck continuing this impropriety and getting back into the Kingdom. Things have changed and Imm is seriously cracking down on exact visitors like you. Marry or job in Thailand then you have a legitimate reason long term stay visa.

2 hours ago, eg84 said:

Not sure what you're on about. The immigration officer stamped both my passport and the TM6 with 60 days. According to the immigration officer, she said the visa was valid therefore gave me 60 days. If you feel otherwise, do you have any posts or threads of actual use cases similar to this exact situation or you just spouting opinions with scare tactics of 15k baht penalty? 

At face value, to me it looks as if the IO - mistakenly - considered your tourist visa valid, stamped it "used" and admitted you for 60 days. Or in other words, failed to see that the visa had been voided.

The IO would have to be nearly blind or entirely brainless to fail to notice that, but hey, it's a member of the Thai police farce we're talking about.

But here's the catch:

If you stay for 60 days and if the IO you encounter when exiting the country realizes this, you stand a good chance of being fined for overstay. Never mind that it was a blind or brainless IO who made the mistake when stamping you in - they will simply claim that YOU should have known that your visa is invalid.

Out of curiosity, did you fill in the visa number on the arrival card? Or leave that field blank?

4 hours ago, donnacha said:

You are jumping to the wrong conclusion. Westerners are no longer welcome at Don Mueang airport and, to a lesser extent, Suvarnabhumi airport. Based on current reports, if under the age of 50 you should only use those airports if you have spent less than 4 months in Thailand over the past year, and make sure you have 20,000 in Thai currency (and not just the equivalent in other currencies or travelers checks as the actual rule states). Ed visas are no longer much protection, but Elite and marriage visas are.

If you are lucky enough to live near Chiang Mai airport, you should always enter the country there. If there is no direct flight between where you are and there, choose to fly via an airport outside Thailand that does fly directly to Chiang Mai, such as HCMC, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, and Hong Kong is very cheap at the moment. Anything to avoid the Bangkok airports.

The current crackdown on Westerners is based on an underestimation of how much money Westerners pump into the Thai economy, and an overestimation of how much their replacements, the Chinese and Indian tourists, will spend. It is just one of many sectors of the economy being mismanaged by the army. My hunch is that banjaxing the economy will result in the current gang being turfed out and replaced by a democratic government which will re-introduce the previous, easier rules.

Westerners are very welcome. However they do expect people living in Thailand to enter non a non-immigrant visa or re-entry permit, not on a tourist visa or visa exemption.

16 hours ago, EricTh said:

There are almost daily reports of people getting denied at airports.

Immigration has been cracking down on 'tourists' who stay in Thailand on long term basis since July 2019. The days of visa/border runs are over.

If you are good in picking up new languages , go for a short Thai course (eg. 2 to 3 months) on education visa and pack up all your things during that period.

Getting into Thailand is getting tougher and tougher for those below 50 and even above 50.

People are looking into other options like Vietnam and Philippines for the long haul.

Good luck.

There are ED visas for short courses to learn thai?  any suggestions out of cnx?

1 hour ago, GeorgeCross said:

if they sold them with 1 year durations instead of 5/20 i bet they would sell a tonne of them

I agree, a 1-year Elite visa for the gap year and sabbatical crowd would sell like sliced bread. Or they could get rid of the minimum age for the Non-OA visa and let anyone in who has the requisite money, health insurance and police clearance. Having a minimum age of 50 years for a "retirement visa" is pretty arbitrary anyway.

Edited by Caldera
Clarity
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, eg84 said:

Another one that cant read english script.. You lucked out !!! 

4 hours ago, Hackney35 said:

Good luck op you seem like a decent bloke.

Don’t let some of the grumpy comments on this forum get you down ????

I’d recommend mixing it up between Vietnam, PI and Thailand for 2020. Even Laos isn’t too bad for a few months. Cambodia is a <deleted> hole tho.

Are there any videos comparing Vietnam with Thailand, Laos with Thailand?

I've seen comparison of Philippines with Thailand video but not the other two.

37 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I agree, a 1-year Elite visa for the gap year and sabbatical crowd would sell like sliced bread. Or they could get rid of the minimum age for the Non-OA visa and let anyone in who has the requisite money, health insurance and police clearance. Having a minimum age of 50 years for a "retirement visa" is pretty arbitrary anyway.

It's not arbitrary, that was the retirement age for most countries decades ago until they keep raising the age.

Now the retirement age is 60 for most countries.

Thailand might increase the age later, who knows.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, lkv said:

My apologies, I didn’t see all the posts. I assumed the 60 days referred to a VE entry plus a 30 day extension.