Britain set for December 12 election to break the Brexit deadlock

webfact

13 minutes ago, tebee said:

And how is no deal going to be good for anyone in the UK, except for a few rich tax avoiding b*stards ?

It will mean higher food prices and fewer jobs.

There are 2 million UK pensioners the EU who will potentially lose their health cover. Many, like me will have chronic conditions that would not even be covered by private insurance. Our choice is going to be return to the UK or die.

So we get 2 million more people, most with long lasting problems for the good ol' NHS to cope with. I won't have enough to buy a house in the UK, and I'm over 65 so my local authority will be obliged to rehome me, either in a rest home or pay my rent for a flat, I'll get supplementary pension too. This is not going to help the UK housing shortage or finances.

No deal will be a disaster for the UK - not to mention me personally!   

No deal, what no deal...?

16 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I can't be bothered to look but he was most certainly not pals the truth will be much more nuance than that.  Your pal Farage has a lot of dodgy links with dark money -coming from Russia and visited Assange when he was in the Embassy. No need to answer though let's move on to this election and policies moving forward than back and forth with smears. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2017/06/01/report-nigel-farage-a-person-of-interest-in-fbi-russia-probe

Image result for farage assange

Farage is not my pal....

44 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I hate to say this but Boris with a majority pushing through the WA would probably lead to a short term bounce in the pound - JC or a hung parliament will not be £ friendly. But No Deal I would have thought is pretty much off the table now. The BP will probably get no seats even if they get 10% of the vote. 

6 minutes ago, transam said:

No deal, what no deal...?

No deal is still the default come jan 31 2020

What happens if we get a hung parliament and we can't get a majority to pass BJ cr*ppy deal? 

11 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

You appear to be confused here. The main exporters and funders of terrorism are Sunni nations not Shia ones. Saudi Arabia has been exporting it's foul Salafi doctrines for decades, the theology at the heart of 9/11 and ISIS. The West never fussed about the radicalization of young Muslims in their own country because SA had all that lovely oil, and bought our weapons. Suicide bombs - almost entirely Sunni, not supported by Shia doctrine. Iran fights WITHIN the Middle East to support other Shias who are in the minority in many countries like Syria, and are themselves the subject of Sunni terrorist attacks (Pakistan, Afghanistan etc). Outside the ME I have read of no Shia activity, the terrorist activity appears to be all Sunni inspired and funded.  

Does Corbyn have good judgement - no. Is he smart and crafty - no. He is an idealist (Ideologue probably) and the wrong man to lead the LP, but not a twisted graceless philandering liar like Boris Johnson. 

Thanks for your fulsome and eloquent rebuttal couldn't have pit it better myself.  I wish we had somebody other than Jeremy but we are where we are and vote Lib Dem get Johnson I fear. ????

Shock news about Farage.

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/nigel-farage-comic-creation-that-got-out-of-hand-2012112750746

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Thanks for your fulsome and eloquent rebuttal couldn't have pit it better myself.  I wish we had somebody other than Jeremy but we are where we are and vote Lib Dem get Johnson I fear. ????

Shock news about Farage.

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/nigel-farage-comic-creation-that-got-out-of-hand-2012112750746

That was brilliant about Farage, The Daily Mash at its best. Here's another, amusing but also we hope not too close to the truth. 

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/jeremy-corbyns-foolproof-guide-to-losing-an-election-20191101190294

Actually it is all about tactical voting, vote Lib Dem where they could defeat the Tory, or a Labour leaver (I won't say traitor I'll leave that word to the TV loonies). Otherwise vote Green, SNP, Labour, anything but Tory. Hopefully Farage is getting well fired up by Johnson's dismissal, and will put up a fight. The "Labour party is fighting every seat to win it" is just standard LP bs. Fortunately the public have in the past have shown themselves to be not that mind numbingly stupid, and are voting tactically in greater numbers all the time, PR may not be a dream forever. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, transam said:

Farage is not my pal....

Looks like Boris , does not want Farage onboard . 

I really thought they were great pals ...

Edited by elliss

12 hours ago, kingdong said:

If they have a referendum and you lose,just jump up and down wave your knickers in the air ( good title for a song )

Reminds me of soi 6 ,  knickers in the air ,  ah those were the glory days .

When i did not give a monkeys about boring politics ....

Edited by elliss

3 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

And of course Johnson et al would be well briefed by the security services of the DUP links to criminal terrorists - yet May / Johnson very happy to bung them a billion to keep the insane Brexit on the road. Any thoughts transam since you obviously care about terrorist links in this coming election ? And while we're at it let's get this report out in the open as Johnson will of course have nothing to hide. 

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

That was brilliant about Farage, The Daily Mash at its best. Here's another, amusing but also we hope not too close to the truth. 

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/jeremy-corbyns-foolproof-guide-to-losing-an-election-20191101190294

Actually it is all about tactical voting, vote Lib Dem where they could defeat the Tory, or a Labour leaver (I won't say traitor I'll leave that word to the TV loonies). Otherwise vote Green, SNP, Labour, anything but Tory. Hopefully Farage is getting well fired up by Johnson's dismissal, and will put up a fight. The "Labour party is fighting every seat to win it" is just standard LP bs. Fortunately the public have in the past have shown themselves to be not that mind numbingly stupid, and are voting tactically in greater numbers all the time, PR may not be a dream forever. 

I like that I will be voting for the 'Anything but Tory Party'. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, evadgib said:

I thought he was a one hit wonder ????

Image result for demis roussos

That was Stevie Wonder ,  please try to keep it up ,  in the back row  ..

December election ,   Labour Goverment expected,  coalition possible...

Edited by elliss

2 minutes ago, Jan Dietz said:

The establishment just will keep on trying, eventually the plebs will vote the right way.

Eventually? The British lumpenproletariaat has a tradition of voting "the right way", either Tories or so called Labour.

15 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

You appear to be confused here. The main exporters and funders of terrorism are Sunni nations not Shia ones. Saudi Arabia has been exporting it's foul Salafi doctrines for decades, the theology at the heart of 9/11 and ISIS. The West never fussed about the radicalization of young Muslims in their own country because SA had all that lovely oil, and bought our weapons. Suicide bombs - almost entirely Sunni, not supported by Shia doctrine. Iran fights WITHIN the Middle East to support other Shias who are in the minority in many countries like Syria, and are themselves the subject of Sunni terrorist attacks (Pakistan, Afghanistan etc). Outside the ME I have read of no Shia activity, the terrorist activity appears to be all Sunni inspired and funded.  

Does Corbyn have good judgement - no. Is he smart and crafty - no. He is an idealist (Ideologue probably) and the wrong man to lead the LP, but not a twisted graceless philandering liar like Boris Johnson. 

So you are saying Corby has not been chummy with Iran..?  ????

16 hours ago, transam said:

Your Corby not only was pals with the IRA, he is also pals with Iran, you know, the country that funds terrorists that killed your countries folk...

You sound like a Daily Mail/Sun editorial.  Maybe time to open your eyes a little and not let party politics cloud your thinking.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

You sound like a Daily Mail/Sun editorial.  Maybe time to open your eyes a little and not let party politics cloud your thinking.

Perhaps you should watch a few real life vids with Corby in....????

4 hours ago, baansgr said:

Straight from project fear....UK and EU citizens rights have been protected so you will still receive healthcare....food shortages and price increases has been discussed and dismissed many times already and is a blatant lie

We also have 2.4 million eu citizens in the uk so all we have to do is offer reciprocal treatment and if any eu country refuses to treat our ex pats,do the same to their citizens here.

On 11/2/2019 at 8:21 AM, tebee said:

Why would anyone who retired to Los have to abandon their plans? - unless of course no deal causes the £ to crash even more.

Those of us who retired to Europe though are face with the possibility of having no right to reside here and no health cover in the event of no deal - now do you understand why we feel a little upset? 

No deal is good for exactly no one.

You chose to retire to Europe up to you,as for your comments regarding local council being obliged to house you,good luck with that one,you might get a place in a hostel.

• Like 2