Motorbike exhausts must meet Euro 4 standards

webfact

16 hours ago, watso63 said:

Noisy pipes save lives ????️????️????️

I'm pretty sure they are not referring to noise pollution. The locals live for the noise, it's a part of the culture. There is no way they could take that away from them. As for saving lives, no. 1 motorcycle death rate in the world would beg to differ. 

Edited by mickey rat

16 hours ago, CGW said:

Great ! ???? 

No more noisy motorbikes, all the aftermarket shops selling exhausts will go out of business ????

Not in my lifetime though, more pointless "we will" do and no meaningful action! 

Realise you're joking, but it will be definitely the opposite. The problem is that with these Euro 4 standards the original exhausts get bigger, heavier and more restrictive. So they are usually the first thing to replace (on a high performance bike). I mean look at the one below, it's like a massive hoover. 

Image result for suzuki gsxr1000

16 hours ago, watso63 said:

Noisy pipes save lives ????️????️????️

True that.. anyone riding a big bike in Bangkok can confirm it makes a diffence. 

15 hours ago, jvs said:

Depends how you look at it,noisy pipes sometimes get people killed also.

There are different levels of noise, what about a noisy bike that drives by just once

compared to the kids that have nothing better to do then run up and down the soi making as much noise they possibly can.

True also.. indeed a difference between too loud a and nice sound. The modded 125ccs <deleted> everyone off. 

Edited by SS1

18 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

R E A D      M Y      L I P S,

Pollution in this country is NOT CAUSED by motorcycles!

It is caused by old, unregulated diesel trucks, lorries and buses.

One million Honda Waves going to and fro to work in BKK everyday do not emit 1% of the emissions and pollutants that 100 old buses and trucks do.

Jesus.

End of.

A quick calculation-you believe that one bus or truck pollutes as much as one million Honda waves. Maybe if all the Hondas are out of gas and being pushed.

• Confused 2

R E A D      M Y      L I P S,

Pollution in this country is NOT CAUSED by motorcycles!

It is caused by old, unregulated diesel trucks, lorries and buses.

One million Honda Waves going to and fro to work in BKK everyday do not emit 1% of the emissions and pollutants that 100 old buses and trucks do.

Jesus.

End of.

SPOT ON !!!!

• Like 2

That goes for sure in the right direction as it was in the past years actually too already.

But as usual, so many posters don't or don't want to read and understand the article properly.

The approval is valid to all in Thailand manufactured Mmotorbikes in the future.

NOT FOR MOTORBIKES ALREADY SOLD OR ON THE STREET.

This is a complete other story and has nothing to do with each other.

Nevertheless. It is the question of does it make sense do regulate that if thousands of Motorcyclists (Farangs too) just modify the exhaust just at the first day for more or less understandable reasons.

Yes, all of you are really right to blame to all of them as it is highly respect less to modify the exhaust (mostly for sound reasons) to all other traffic and peoples who are on the street.

I by my self do totally not understand why peoples are doing that as with 4- stroke engines there is even not really more performance to expect with this kind of modifications.

It is not allowed anyway, it cost a lot of money and most likely the insurance coverage is away and if you are catched by the police who here you now from far away approaching, they may will fine you correctly. On the other side, there is no benefit or if, just very little. And if you doing it correctly by modify the engine mapping too, it really cost you a lot of money.

Vehiclemanufactors worldwide investing millions and millions of Dollars to keep it quiet and here are so many people thinking it is not good or not good enough for them. Eieiei

Mankind is crazy really.     

18 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"Pollution in this country is NOT CAUSED by motorcycles!"

Motorcycles are zero-emission now, yes?  No.

"It is caused by old, unregulated diesel trucks, lorries and buses".

If you want to blame old vehicles (the OP refers to new ones) then you have to include your "emissions-free" motorcycles in that also!  By the way, there are regulations for trucks, and buses.

"End of."

No, it isn't; "end of" suggests that you think there are no more credible arguments.

yeah agreed its not black n white "end of" BUT the regulators are going for the low hanging fruit in their view as regulators.. in short.. e.g. the yearly burns and the daily rubbish burns with all the toxins released are imho more dangerous as the entire vehicle emissions (and to make this clear..when i speak about emissions i mean TOXINS not co2)

• Like 1