Top Thai pirate movie site shut down after complaints from Hollywood

webfact

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

The website had been up and running since 2014 apparently. With 10 million views a day, what were the copyright police doing? Ah, that's right, they were shaking down children making Garfield floats. 

Moreover, wretched foreigners (i.e. Hollywood agents) had to alert them to it. And if they hadn't, nothing would've happened.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, kevin612 said:

5 millions monthly revenue is an excellent number. Of course Hollywood wants to shut it down. It is all about money.

It takes money to make money, and films. Did you work for free, or do you work for free? Well then...

If your wife is going to hook on the side, you should at least a piece of the action.... if she is giving it away, well then we do have a problem ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, rkidlad said:

The website had been up and running since 2014 apparently. With 10 million views a day, what were the copyright police doing? Ah, that's right, they were shaking down children making Garfield floats. 

It's easier to shake down a 15 year old girl

21 hours ago, webfact said:

A thirty year old Thai man living abroad started the site in 2014.

Only 5 years in operation... that's a lot of revenue for someone, but it took a "call from Hollywood" saying do something to get action!

Thailand bluster about many things but underneath are worried about upsetting USA anymore, Thailand could be off the movie makers list if they're not careful.

21 hours ago, JohnDone said:

Good to know that you, holier than thou foreigners, would never ever consider using some freely available sources on the internet like torrents or free movie sites.

Does pathetic hypocrites ring a bell to you?

I'm not a holier than thou my comment was a reply to rkidlad's comment I don't care if people download movies so no I am not a hypocrite

so they are making a minimum of 60 million baht a year, split a few ways.  one kid is 22, the other 30, whatever..... 

make that money young.........money is GOD.  if you are crying over 20,000 baht a month while junior is buying houses overseas every few months......it's time to think of more ways to make that money.  make that money!!!!  

but do it legally and don't get arrested.  i missed that part before......i'm sure no jail.  fine.  big fine.  but they will keep a ton of it.  

Edited by Ventenio