Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

2 minutes ago, voulez vous said:

Hi Farngsters. Monsieur Vous here.

Mr owl is not around for a while. He has asked me to put up a couple of pics. Middle of the night here, so I'll post them in the morning.

Juliette is calling me to return to her loving embrace; so I have to go.

Later.

Oh dear, who has Owl upset now, and how long is 'a while'?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, voulez vous said:

Hi Farngsters. Monsieur Vous here.

Mr owl is not around for a while. He has asked me to put up a couple of pics. Middle of the night here, so I'll post them in the morning.

Juliette is calling me to return to her loving embrace; so I have to go.

Later.

Welcome back....????

• Haha 2

Just now, FarFlungFalang said:
2 hours ago, voulez vous said:

Mr owl is not around for a while.

If he's not a "round" he must be a square or maybe a triangle or maybe an elliptoid!Possibly he's suffered and elliptic seizure whilst commenting.

A dead parrot impression: A polygon.

• Haha 2

Well folks..about a week ago I boasted about our "English" rain but I should have kept quiet because we are now flooding with the old locals muttering about "the Great Flood" of '79" which appears to be the 'ne plus ultra' of aquatic experiences in these parts.

I shall try to get a few pics but the rain is positively cyclonic and I have been unable to get out for the past few days.

Not as bad as Ubon Ratchathani but getting a bit too close to that experience for comfort-curiously enough you can still see all the dead trees on the adjacent hills from the bushfires in 2019/20.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I’ll do a test to see if I can post a photo:

Here’s a snap of TVF members waiting for Monsignor Owls return from his latest “ holiday “.

3CBFE42D-3489-41B3-990B-B84A740C2264.thumb.jpeg.14281ba6a3dd923e3f4ac5c3d9f01005.jpeg

They seem horny 

Edited by sirineou
Three words and I had a typo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Well folks..about a week ago I boasted about our "English" rain but I should have kept quiet because we are now flooding with the old locals muttering about "the Great Flood" of '79" which appears to be the 'ne plus ultra' of aquatic experiences in these parts.

I shall try to get a few pics but the rain is positively cyclonic and I have been unable to get out for the past few days.

Not as bad as Ubon Ratchathani but getting a bit too close to that experience for comfort-curiously enough you can still see all the dead trees on the adjacent hills from the bushfires in 2019/20.

Apparently you ain't seen anything yet with more due next week.I've heard of 4 inches falling in ten minutes down Umina way in 1989-90.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

That makes me want to ask if there's an 'improper fashion'?

"Improper fashion" is what I've worn and how I've done things all my life!Just like being a "dag" "improper fashion" is a thing to which I've always adhered despite my efforts to do otherwise.

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

Well..I have tried to get out and about but the bridge is blocked and the river is rampaging about..so it's the best I can do..

DSCN1074.JPG

DSCN1082.JPG

"High water everywhere".No doubt about it.What bridge is that?Looks similar to the Hawkesbury River train bridge but I'm guessing it's not.

• Like 1