My wife is a sadistic (word rhymes with witch but starts with B)

sirineou

Go take a walk. Sport cut my appetite temporarily and study show you will burn more calorie while fasted. Intermittent fasting works for me but the body eventually adapt so I need to mix other strategies. When I eat more carbs then I feel more hungry between meals... There is a very low insuline spike with fatty food vs carbs. Proteine is in between. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

You will be happy to know that I made it this time, but it was not easy.

I like the way you think.

Unfortunately This type of diet, if I understand it correctly,  in conjunction to the caloric restriction, fasting periods  between meals is also important for resetting the sugar/insulin cycle and associated processes, so consuming anything regardless of its caloric content might not be good.  

And wife is not helping, Aside from being an excellent Thai cook, she has just discovered YouTube and cooking videos'

I am sure I get all the calories I need through osmosis , simply by smelling her cooking.

She is not making it easy for me. Grrrrrr. 

You are following this diet?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-fasting-cure-is-no-fad-11564676512

8 minutes ago, Jack Mountain said:

I have for about three weeks now , I feel a lot better, Not sure if it's the placebo effect or if it's working.

Don't really need to lose weight just like to feel better and live long enough to inherit all my rich relatives.

Unfortunately the link you send me will not allow me to read the article unless I subscribe,gut I have read and watched a few seminars and documentaries on Youtube. It's a very interesting subject.

She's just testing your resolve. Have you got what it takes to go through with this? I've practiced I. F. for a long time now, but only for 12 hours, 6pm to 6am. (but it's usually around 7am) and I'm very comfortable with it.

But because of the Thai habit of eating late I often have to endure watching whilst they eat. My wife uses the the standard excuse of 'too spicy for him' on my behalf.

Hey, if the food smells are getting to you, go for a walk. That's a healthy thing to do as well.

Good luck with your endeavours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I'm pretty sure in a few years intermittent fasting will be discredited ... I tried it and it did nothing for me. If you eat a healthy balanced diet all will be good.

my laugh emoji.    not sarcastic .     i try different things from time to time.   in eating and in life.

still alive

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Eat celery with a touch of Vegemite, and bamboo with a chili dip. Zero calories, and tasty.

It's not your wife's fault if she doesn't understand your obsessions.

You remind me of the encounter between a sadist and a masochist.

Masochist: " Are you going to whip me and degrade me?"

Sadist: "No".

Vegamite? are you mad ,use the real thing MARMITE. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

So you are saying i should open that one first?

I tried already and it doesn't work. The scientific method I found to save time is to try at random. 

Edited by Tayaout