immigration officer put a note

15 hours ago, overherebc said:

If the IO 'wrote' a note in a passport it would be classed as defacing an official government document. In that case a new passport would be required...

No, it would not. Handwritten notes by immigration officials seem to be rare but they are known to have happened and did not render the passport invalid.

15 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Not probably - for sure. And what would change with a new passport? Everything is in the system. He would need a new name too. Perhaps also a new face and finger prints.

What's in the system is only his previous entries, and probably a note ????

3 minutes ago, Bournville said:

Nothing confusing here. Especially if you are of working age. Immigration would be suspicious... That's a lot of stays on a tourist visa. Are you simply a tourist?

You must really like temple's 

I am taking  off from living in usa .  

On 11/27/2019 at 12:23 AM, roaming2019 said:

this time while coming to thailand in suvarnabhumi airport the immigration officer took me to his supervisor and the supervisor said  why i dont come with visa . and why  i come so many times with 30 day extension  ( around 5 times in last 2 year )  and he stamped me saying that  he is putting a note in my passport and next time i must come with visa otherwise i will be denied .   the conversation was so confusing ...

If you post a photo or scan of the note that the immigration official put in your passport, somebody can tell you what it means.

This type of thing is putting people off coming here, getting a 30day entry at the airport is by design for visitors from certain countries coming here for a short break (usually 2 weeks), I am hearing more and more from people deciding to go elsewhere because they are not sure they will be allowed entry into the country - how (deleted) stupid is that at a time when tourism is under pressure - oh yes there might be numbers provided from other Asian countries but how much are they spending ?????

Thailand needs to think very hard about what it is they want, once people start going elsewhere it will be very difficult to win them back

It really defies any sort of sensible logic - 18% of GDP and it is going down the drain and self inflicted

8 hours ago, smedly said:

how (deleted) stupid is that at a time when tourism is under pressure - oh yes there might be numbers provided from other Asian countries but how much are they spending ?????

Thailand needs to think very hard about what it is they want, once people start going elsewhere it will be very difficult to win them back

It really defies any sort of sensible logic - 18% of GDP and it is going down the drain and self inflicted

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1806469/baht-concerns-abound

The strong baht in 2019 is a result of Thailand's massive current account surplus. The surplus, worth US$26.4 billion (797 billion baht) on a year-to-date basis as of September, stems from lower import value compared with export value, inflows of tourism revenue and near-record foreign reserves of about $222 billion.

Well I have 11 exempt visas plus extensions

on my passport 

only once was I asked way I come to Thailand at Bangkok airport 

i just say to spend all my pension and go to temple to make merit

with that he just stamped passport a gave me it back 

the last time I Enter at Phuket airport he just asked for my boarding card just stamped my passport 

one thing to note is that I have always left before the end of my extension 

OP, I belong to several FB Groups that receive posts about immigration and course here at TVF. One FB Group is extremely active in Visa discussions with thousands of posts a year. Plus I have an excellent memory - so I can easily spot trends.  Therefore, I can say without reservation that Immigration at Thailand borders and International Airports have been highly active in the past year in steadily increasing enforcement of their policy of denying people the ability to live in Thailand on a string of Visa Exempt Entries and even including Tourist Visas. And it is even noticeable that METV stays are denied entry if they follow on a string of Exempt Entries, Tourist Visas or ED Visas. It simply does not matter that there is no stated limit on fly in Exempt Entries and Tourist Visas. This last year's track record shows a very high rate of denials just based on the evidence that one is LIVING in Thailand without the correct visa.  Plus in many of these cases Immigration equates evidence of living in Thailand, without the correct visa, as probable cause to suspect working illegally.  Not only suspect but rather that one is highly likely to be working even if not present 9 to 12 months a year. Bottom line (as has been strongly suggested here) if you want to continue staying in Thailand for half a year (even in broken up segments) you will have to get a legitimate Visa / Extension that fits your age and budget. And ED Visa / Extensions are no longer good choices when stacked upon a pattern of using many Visa Exempts and Tourist Visas. I have a friend today who was denied a land entry and a fly in entry (both in one day). So - as said by many in Thailand "up to you".  Best Wishes. 

Edited by JDGRUEN
Spelling and clarification