American flees Phuket after dislocating Thai partner’s jaw in jealous rage

snoop1130

By The Phuket News

1575883531_1-org.jpg

Maj Ekkachai Siri of the Phuket Tourist Police. Photo: The Phuket News / file

PHUKET: Tourist Police will request US embassy officials’ assistance in serving an arrest warrant for an American man wanted for physical assault of his Thai partner, dislocating her jaw in a jealous rage on Friday night (Dec 6).

Maj Ekkachai Siri of the Phuket Tourist Police explained that the man wanted for the assault was David Cash Brizuela from California, who turned 30 years old while in Phuket last Thursday (Dec 6).

His partner, American-born Thai Teresa Fahm Saechin, 26, also from California, has been released from Bangkok Hospital Phuket after receiving treatment, he said.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/american-flees-phuket-after-dislocating-thai-partner-jaw-in-jealous-rage-73933.php#LLelTH2WpTVbYYGY.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-12-09

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Ms Saechin explained that Mr Cash Brizuela became jealous after she had leaned in too close to talk to their taxi driver because a voice translation app didn’t work...."

After a 5 years relationship this was enough to hit her in the face.

Well, I guess the relationship is ended now.

38 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

That's what cowards the world over do, flee.  So no surprise there.  

Once this coward's found then a suitable punishment is hauled to the nearest Muay Thai training establishment for some attitude adjustment therapy.  

“Ms Saechin confirmed that Cash Brizuela had accompanied her to Patong Hospital on Saturday, but Kamala Police later confirmed that he checked out of the hotel at 9:20pm that night.

He cleared immigration at Phuket International Airport to leave the country at 10:55am on Saturday, while Ms Saechin was seeking treatment for her dislocated jaw”

A prince among men

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

Assaults happen all over Thailand everyday...if these were not foreigners...particularly Americans...they would largely be ignored by police and press...

True... but that shouldn't mean this tool gets away with assaulting someone because a Thai might. 

He needs to be caught, sent back, charged, punished accordingly for his crimes. As should anyone else, Thai or any other nationality whether in Thailand or any other country. 

23 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

True... but that shouldn't mean this tool gets away with assaulting someone because a Thai might. 

He needs to be caught, sent back, charged, punished accordingly for his crimes. As should anyone else, Thai or any other nationality whether in Thailand or any other country. 

Point being, Thai male dominated culture tends to look away in domestic related assaults...unless it is a foreigner.  Double standard rules in this country.

2 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Point being, Thai male dominated culture tends to look away in domestic related assaults...unless it is a foreigner.  Double standard rules in this country.

Yes, try to make this about Thai morals.

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

His partner, American-born Thai Teresa Fahm Saechin, 26, also from California, has been released from Bangkok Hospital Phuket after receiving treatment, he said.

Don't get me wrong here, but if you are going to assault someone at least make it someone that cannot follow you back to your home country easily!

Assuming he is on a visit visa he will have to fly home to face the music soon any way, and if long term visa just refuse the next or cancel it, forcing him home again to face the Mrs.

A few grand fine here, or even a a while in the pokey, will be nothing to what the USA courts and their 'blame claim' culture will do to him in a divorce or g/f split

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I think x partner now, gutless moron, hope he gets what he deserves, no doubt here it will be something like a wai and 500 baht fine, maybe the hospital bill too ?

No.

He left thailand already. 

17 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Don't get me wrong here, but if you are going to assault someone at least make it someone that cannot follow you back to your home country easily!

Assuming he is on a visit visa he will have to fly home to face the music soon any way, and if long term visa just refuse the next or cancel it, forcing him home again to face the Mrs.

A few grand fine here, or even a a while in the pokey, will be nothing to what the USA courts and their 'blame claim' culture will do to him in a divorce or g/f split

Jesus!

26 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

But that does't make what the American guy did [dislocating his girfriends jaw] any less heinous. 

Agreed with what you write about 'male dominated culture looking away in domestic related assaults' and how those issues highlight how in Thailand the attitudes are extremely basic, ancient and somewhat draconian. 

I'm not so sure about double standards though. Charges have been filed, requests have been made, request for an arrest warrant made, assistance of the US Embassy in tracking down the boyfriend also made (or will be made) - It seems this is being dealt with seriously, on behalf of another American - not double standards as both were American, the BiB have appeared to apply international standards instead. 

27 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Unfortunately for millions of Thai woman, teenagers and little kids, you are so correct. Have seen way too much to be persuaded any other way. However, the individual in question is not Thai and as mentioned in an earlier post, because the lady is an american citizen, he will be subject to there judicial system's process should she wish to press charges back home.

On anther note, what a weak son of a deleted!!!! firstly for damaging another human being as in his partner of how many years...but then abandoning her in a hospital in a foreign country. And before you all start madly bashing away at your key boards, yes she is of Thai descent but born in USA there for Thailand is a foreign county for her. May Kama do it's utmost best here!!

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

But that does't make what the American guy did [dislocating his girfriends jaw] any less heinous. 

Agreed with what you write about 'male dominated culture looking away in domestic related assaults' and how those issues highlight how in Thailand the attitudes are extremely basic, ancient and somewhat draconian. 

I'm not so sure about double standards though. Charges have been filed, requests have been made, request for an arrest warrant made, assistance of the US Embassy in tracking down the boyfriend also made (or will be made) - It seems this is being dealt with seriously, on behalf of another American - not double standards as both were American, the BiB have appeared to apply international standards instead. 

Good point!

If he assaults her after something as banal as talking to a taxi driver,

I can but only assume this has happened before in their 5 years time together.

After all, if someone hits me, I'm not going to let them accompany me to the hospital.

But that would be the last time I'd ever speak to them.

I think the girl has suffered the same outcome several times before,

and hopes she can draw a fine conclusion out of it

3 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

There is no point...in discussing any point with you sonny boy!  Don't you at least agree with me on that point?

I think its a shame that there weren't 10 motosai boys around to give the yank hooligan a good slap and protect the girl. Im sure you agree with that sentiment.

10 hours ago, torturedsole said:

Once this coward's found then a suitable punishment is hauled to the nearest Muay Thai training establishment for some attitude adjustment therapy.  

Some also flee because they realise due process does not exist in some countries.

Some also stick around, face the corrupt system time and time again and finally flee because they realise the justice system is in equalitable.

Hmm. I wonder whether the girl actually pressed charges or the police just presented papers for her to sign either not translated, translated incorrectly as something else or something similar.

i wonder whether the assault was less serious than is being reported or some other facts yet unknown have yet to emerge.

i wonder if the girl and her partner did not talk about what to do and agree that they did not want to be refused exit while waiting for a court case to be brought, heard, adjourned, delayed, heard, decided, appealed and appealed again.

I’ve been 5 years in that process - can’t work, can’t get a driving license, can’t properly support my family and still have not had the first case heard. Just to put things in perspective.

the poster who said maybe they did it want to enter the maze of the Thai judicial process was correct. Horribly expensive, horribly one sided, horribly corrupt. Perhaps the police were looking for money?

My point is that it is easy to cast stones and assume the worst all based on a report that obviously does not have anything close to the full details.

its a very dangerous thing to assume things based on little more than an emotional reaction to an emotional news report with little detail.

9 hours ago, stevenl said:

Yes, try to make this about Thai morals.

Of course deflect at all cost cant have it that a whitey from the US did something bad. Must deflect and make it about unfair justice system in Thailand and how its the Thai partner who is to blame.

A guy like that is really likely to have done this before. I hope the US police does something with this. Guys like that are animals no matter what country they are from. 

They both live in California, lots of those in California are not citizens.

He may have brought her on vacation to Thailand just to pop her in the mouth, he knows he can't do it and get away with it in California. She better see a good lawyer once back in America (and a good oral surgeon) because there may be some laws that let her sue or charge him there. Laws changed after Jonestown but it may just protect politicians.

12 hours ago, torturedsole said:

He'll be at his Mum's house  

????

12 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Assaults happen all over Thailand everyday...if these were not foreigners...particularly Americans...they would largely be ignored by police and press...

I gave your post a "Like" because what you say is true, I don't however condone what this guy did. I don't think the fuzz will be too gentle with him somehow.

Archived