Are you content living in the land of smiles ?

4MyEgo

3 hours ago, Antonymous said:

Ditto three times.

Especially "...a quiet carefree existence, devoid of the rules and regs and cameras in your face". Freedom relative to the UK brought me here 30 years ago and although things are changing, Thailand may be one of the last bastions of privacy on the planet, relatively speaking.

Immigration and health insurance requirements no bother whatever. I planned ahead.

"devoid of the rules and regs and cameras in your face". I don't bother too much about the rules and regs, If you don't like them, there are usually ways of getting round them, I am still alive and kicking, no criminal record at any time in my Life, and yet if I obeyed every rule and regulation flung at me, I would never have been able to come here to Thailand, and would probably be living a week to week existance in some dingy flat in the UK.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Hmmmm. Maybe.

But immigration not the owner of insurance company. Immigration will not win from that. The insurance company be rich, not immigration that rule.

(i believe you say is corrupt, same land office, school, police, army, agriculture department, orbortor etc etc etc)

and

is is better you to have insurance in Thailand. IF have a good company/fair.

Better for the foreigner if problem and better for the hospital because SOME people not want to pay. This people make the problem.

If everyone pay, will be no problem.

Maybe Yinn start a fair Insurance Company for foreigner. 

Most foreigner will like private hospital. Cleaner with better service. Government hospital must wait, and wait, and wait. So slowly.

The sick foreigner will be angry sure. Will be problem, must wait the queue.

But it expansive. Last week my friend can go Wichara government hospital in Phuket. Will be only 130 baht.

At private hospital, same thing will be 6,000 baht. 

Private is expansive. But good. 

My idea= If foreigner not pay, escape then YOUR government should pay the hospital. YOUR government chase the money.

Good idea?

From experience most government hospitals are fast. They seem to attend forgeiners first and most forgeiners don’t even know where they’re located. Always avoid private hospitals if you don’t have insurance. Even if you have a flu they ask you to stay the night and sell medicine at overpriced values. I would only use private for procedures like surgeries. ???? 

Edited by Drax
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drax said:

From experience most government hospitals are fast. They seem to attend forgeiners first

Oh, is that why I wait so long?

and most forgeiners don’t even know where they’re located.

I think you only only think about emergency road accident. 

Hospital do many other problem.

Always avoid private hospitals if you don’t have insurance. Even if you have a flu they ask you to stay the night. ???? 

Better to have insurance IMO. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

It's a can of worms that, in one form or another, is opened at least once or twice a week on Thai Visa. The amazing thing is the number of people who never tire of responding. 

Agreed, and it always reads like paid testimonials.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I enjoy it very much. Very excited to settle down in Mae Hong Son in the coming years as that is the most beautiful part of the country in my opinion. 

I live quite simply though and don't hit the bars so somewhere peaceful and quiet is my idea of paradise. I don't think I'd be happy in BKK, or Pattaya. Even Chiang Mai becomes a bit much for me after a few days spent there.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can’t complain,got a roof over my head. Wake up every morning next to my beautiful Thai wife,the rest I take with a grain of salt.

Are driving conditions going to change(no). Will the government be able to do anything about air quality (no). Will the immigration dept bend over backwards to please me(no).

life is what you make of it,and I have a better life here than I would in my home country.

• Like 2

Very content. If anything, more content than I was when I first arrived many years ago.  No longer have to worry about visas and work permits, etc. Yes, things are definitely better than before. The only thing that gets my goat now, apart from politics, is the air quality.  

• Like 2

yes and no, but generally more content,

and more content than in my country of origin, if not I wouldn't complain; I'd move.
problems come up and I adapt.

I went through a terrible health challenge 1997-2001; I don't think I would have survived that in different circumstances.
I have lived in Bangkok (17 years) Chiangrai (3 years) Chiangmai (one year)

now I live in one place in the north and one place in the south.

i'm good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Of course, no problem at all. Everyone to his/hers own. I just couldn´t put myself in such a terrible position in life, and live with all the suffering it must include.

No suffering for me and your presupposition it  must include suffering

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

Live here for over 20 years, and of-course there are many things to complain, but my motto is "the paradise on earth does not exist".

However it is much better than my home country located in N-Europe.

I forgot to mention "located in N-Europe": member of the terrible EU, when you complain about the Thai authorities....in the EU it is much worser.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Number 6 said:

The air pollution and the smells and filth in the streets really getting to me. Both on my quiet Soi and main road. Inexcusable this is central BKK. Grease from vendors, spewage leaking from garbage bags and the trucks. Foul smells from fetid food waste dumped by vendors around MRT. Unhygienic.

The air pollution will never be taken care of and that alarms me. I mean it's REALLY here to stay. Like Delhi or China. Wealthy and VIP people live indoors, travel in fancy cars.

Stupid, selfish people on BTS MRT driving me insane.

The economy is obviously stagnating. Politics dicey.

Prices are higher and volume of goods lower. Imported products should be less expensive but not.

But I'm good, thanks for asking.

Cant help but wonder if you feel like "The Prisoner" here in the LOS ?  ????  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1