Jomtien Retirement Visa Extension Financial Requirements

This week, while applying for a non-immigrant "o" retirement extension, the attached document had to be signed. It explains financial requirements for a retirement visa extension and exactly what is required subsequent to the extension being granted.

Comments?

IMG_0640.JPG

Yeah, that's been in play since before last May at least, as I got the same thing when I renewed my Extension at the end of May.

Meh, went back 90 days later, handed in the form (along with the prerequisite - signed - photocopies), it was tossed into someone's In basket and that was it.

Would really be helpful if they could synch people's 90 Day reports when they renew their Extensions so that the 1st one would coincide with the "proof of funds" requirement.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, giddyup said:

Pretty self explanatory. It says at the bottom "please show updated passbook on date".

You don't show an updated pass book. You show a copy of the updated passbook + the first page with your name.

Then a copy of the photo page in your passport + a copy of the last extension. 

7 hours ago, Guderian said:

Weird, I did a retirement extension last week using the 800 Baht in the bank route, and was told to come back in 3 months, but when I asked if they were going to give me the relevant form they simply said no.

Maybe they'd run out of them, lol?

No form,then don't go. They are supposed to give you one with the exact date.

18 hours ago, Guderian said:

Weird, I did a retirement extension last week using the 800 Baht in the bank route, and was told to come back in 3 months, but when I asked if they were going to give me the relevant form they simply said no.

Maybe they'd run out of them, lol?

I did not get one either, in fact I had to remind them to remind me to return. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Yeah, that's been in play since before last May at least, as I got the same thing when I renewed my Extension at the end of May.

Meh, went back 90 days later, handed in the form (along with the prerequisite - signed - photocopies), it was tossed into someone's In basket and that was it.

Would really be helpful if they could synch people's 90 Day reports when they renew their Extensions so that the 1st one would coincide with the "proof of funds" requirement.

Why don't you go on the same day next time if it is a problem for you to go twice.

The proof of funds took me less then one minute, so you can do it while waiting to submit your extension.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

No

Others are wanting it and some offices want it to be done every 3 months.

OK thanks.

Now for the 64,000 baht question.

What exactly are the consequences of showing up for a bank report and being in violation?!?

I think expats really need to know that and I don't recall even one report about that as yet.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What exactly are the consequences of showing up for a bank report and being in violation?!?

If you failed to keep the 800k baht for 3 months or 400k baht after that they could cancel your extension and grant you 7 days to leave the country for not meeting the conditions for your extension of stay. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you failed to keep the 800k baht for 3 months or 400k baht after that they could cancel your extension and grant you 7 days to leave the country for not meeting the conditions for your extension of stay. 

Yes but I assume that is the theory. But I'd like to hear reports of any actual CASES. I've assumed that people in violation just won't show up for the bank report, but that could be a problem too. 

21 hours ago, Kerryd said:

If you move your 90 days reports (-15 days or + 7 days from due date) every 90 days,then you'll be able to do the 90 days report when picking up the passport the day after you applied for the extension. Then 90 days later you can do the '90 days check' and the 90 days report at the same time. 

• Like 1

I came to stay in TH on 14NOV97 with a NonImm O visa. Yes, I'm a very senior!

Thee months later, with THB seasoned in the bank, I received a Stay Permit to 13NOV98 that has been extended ever since.

I'll ask for the GrandFathering stated in the Jomtien note next extension.

BTW There is a misprint in that note. It's not 20k in the bank three months before applying, it's 200k.

I've maintained over 1m on my savings account perennially as it is my only active account so it's not the reduced blocked THB that concerns me but the silly BankBookShow every three months.

Anyway i talked to a graded IO yesterday in Ubon and after showing her the original Thai Police Imm new order in Thai she agreed with me that I don't have to come and show a bank book every three months since I don't have to have anything in it until next extension.

I suspect that not many retirees are eligible for that GranDad rule like me!!! ????

• Like 1

I renewed my extension of stay at Chang Watthana yesterday; the friendly IO made no mention of showing my passbook in 3 months to prove a balance of 800k has been maintained. I was seen at 08:30 and my passport was returned at 09:06 ???? .

Edited by medina21
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I wonder if they're slowly but surely losing their enthusiasm for that reporting requirement? Isn't Jomtien the only office doing it anyway?

It takes 30 seconds to do the 90 days check. Then at the same time you can do the 90 days report, another few min incl waiting (and with a good aircon). It's not a real waste of time. 

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes but I assume that is the theory. But I'd like to hear reports of any actual CASES. I've assumed that people in violation just won't show up for the bank report, but that could be a problem too. 

Yes, you likely signed a sheet of paper accepting that when you applied for the extension.... not that I could read it!

Did my extension of stay back in October at Jomtien, did not have to show TM30, was not given any paperwork to sign and was not given a form requiring me to return in 90 days with proof of bank account, so what is going on? are they just being selective or what?

On 12/21/2019 at 10:15 AM, bkk6060 said:

Why don't you go on the same day next time if it is a problem for you to go twice.

The proof of funds took me less then one minute, so you can do it while waiting to submit your extension.

Uh - maybe because you can't ?

You have to go back 90 DAYS after getting your Extension. And yes, it took all of a minute for me to hand the proof over and NO, I couldn't do my next 90 Day report at the same time as Jomtien will only accept them up to 1 week before or 1 week after the due date, not 2 weeks before.

23 hours ago, Max69xl said:

If you move your 90 days reports (-15 days or + 7 days from due date) every 90 days,then you'll be able to do the 90 days report when picking up the passport the day after you applied for the extension. Then 90 days later you can do the '90 days check' and the 90 days report at the same time. 

I've done that for this year (there's another thread where I noted that I've adjusted my reporting dates so that next year my 90 is due right after my new Extension so I cut down from 5 visits in 3 1/2 months to just 3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

I've done that for this year (there's another thread where I noted that I've adjusted my reporting dates so that next year my 90 is due right after my new Extension so I cut down from 5 visits in 3 1/2 months to just 3.

I have adjusted my visits at immigration to 5 times a year incl the extension. That's an absolute minimum at Jomtien Immigration. 

On 12/21/2019 at 12:42 PM, Max69xl said:

It takes 30 seconds to do the 90 days check. Then at the same time you can do the 90 days report, another few min incl waiting (and with a good aircon). It's not a real waste of time. 

Unless there are several people in line before you, or an agent with 10 passports to do.

On 12/22/2019 at 6:44 AM, a977 said:

Did my extension of stay back in October at Jomtien, did not have to show TM30, was not given any paperwork to sign and was not given a form requiring me to return in 90 days with proof of bank account, so what is going on? are they just being selective or what?

Are you in Phitsanulok by any chance. Exactly same for me, no TM30, no siging of anything, and no request for return.

Went today and was assured that 50k FTT per month plus 200k in the bank will be fine for next extension. Happy Bunny.

Edited by wgdanson

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

Unless there are several people in line before you, or an agent with 10 passports to do.

I have been doing my 90 days reports for years, and I try to always do them Thursdays or Fridays after lunch. Never been waiting more than 2-3 min. Just once the officer went through 3 passports from an agent. The guy is quite fast,though. And I like the aircon. 

• Like 1