Mc Donald's Thailand crazy price increase

Sundown

14 hours ago, Just Weird said:

What do you think the effect of that will be when most of McDonald's customers here are Thais?

Nine good answers to almost nine posts in a row?? What are you on today Just Weird? :ermm:

Edited by possum1931

52 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Australian beef is not used for the normal burgers, it's an option on the menu for a more expensive burger (if it is really imported Australian beef), so a small percentage is imported.  As I said, almost none is imported.   McThai's fish is not imported, I'm not guessing.

Screenshot_20191226-120923.png

Screenshot_20191226-120853.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sanemax said:

Many McDonalds would close down , like many Subways have already done

If subway let you pick your own fillings for their foot long buns or whatever they are, and they had the likes of sausage, egg, bacon, chicken, pork, or other meat, I would have used them on occasion. I just cannot go all these green stuff, tomatoes and cheese.

3 hours ago, dlclark97 said:

I often drive from Ban Chang to Bangkok.  On the way I take a break at the Service Center usually at breakfast time and enjoy the Big Breakfast at MacDonalds.  On the way back it's either Burger King, Subway or KFC.  A taste of home if you will.  As for pricing, do not forget these are all franchises and most products sold must be shipped in.  If shipping costs go up so goes their sell price. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but is a strong Baht not supposed to keep shipping prices down, or is it just capitalism rearing it's ugly head again?

21 hours ago, Henryford said:

Like everything in Thailand, costs more than the West now. Look at Starbucks !!

Even basic things, like a whole cooked chicken

About 120 baht, right? Same in my home country. But I'd be earning way more in my home country, and the chicken would be bigger!

And if you buy it from a market, it is a chicken minus the wings (cos they sell the wings separate for like 15 baht each), lol.

We used to order once a week via McDonalds or Grab and recently noticed the price hike.
It is always crappy food obviously but now really not worth the money anymore.

It is that expensive it is cheaper to order foreign food from a restaurant instead.
Thai solution is simple; only buy when there are promotions.

Edited by tabarin

22 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Is MSG natural? I guess sugar is.

Yep, it's made from papaya enzyme and of course sugar is natural! sugar, it's brown when it comes out of the plant so they spin it to remove the molasses...until it's white! Look it up, the process is very interesting!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

true, sugars and bad oils probably the worst ingredients and since I'm not a fish sauce fan I give the majority of it a pass - I cook daily to ensure my wife and I eat healthy..

fish sauce is 37% salt! Think about it when you watch Thai people pour the sauce on...it's like putting a teaspoon of salt on your meal!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TPI said:

Yep, it's made from papaya enzyme and of course sugar is natural! sugar, it's brown when it comes out of the plant so they spin it to remove the molasses...until it's white! Look it up, the process is very interesting!

Thanks, and I just did look it up. So MSG is not as bad as most people think, unless taken in very high quantities. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Yinn said:

McDonald’s the most popular farang restaurant in the world.

i really not understand why you guys love it. Really.

Tasteless food made by an ugly clown.

Even Thai imposters have been known to eat at McDonalds. I not understand...sure????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, thrilled said:

I enjoy McDonalds food. They had to raise prices to keep making a profit. I would probably starve before I would eat Thai food.In a day or so I will be having a steak dinner at A New York steak house in Bangkok. It will be over 

2000 baht. 

Oh goodo

• Sad 1

It's hard to believe people are whining about a 50 baht increase in the price of a cheeseburger. ????  I suggest they go back to their home country, get a real job and invest until they can afford to live here. ???????? But unfortunately for some they have been fired from all their jobs and their last resort is to teach in Thailand.  ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Even basic things, like a whole cooked chicken

About 120 baht, right? Same in my home country. But I'd be earning way more in my home country, and the chicken would be bigger!

And if you buy it from a market, it is a chicken minus the wings (cos they sell the wings separate for like 15 baht each), lol.

I acutally earn more here and a roast chicken is 80b from a local shop.

5 hours ago, fruitman said:

Would you say that a cheeseburger costs less than 1 euro in Germany? I don't believe it! 

https://www.fastfoodpreise.de/preisliste/mc-donalds/cheeseburger.html

So if you even can't write the price of a cheeseburger i don't believe you're a german!

I said 1 USD in the west, you start babbling about Germany?!

Good job, you could work at MCD, truly qualified.

https://www.foodwellsaid.com/mcdonalds-extra-value-meal/ 2 cheesburgers, 2 USD.... 

1 USD in the US.

3 hours ago, wgdanson said:
4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

McThai's fish is not imported

And that's why it is TASTELESS!

I bet they use panga fillet as fish and they have no odour or taste...that's what europeans like so they can give them flavour themselves.

5 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:
6 hours ago, fruitman said:

Would you say that a cheeseburger costs less than 1 euro in Germany? I don't believe it! 

https://www.fastfoodpreise.de/preisliste/mc-donalds/cheeseburger.html

So if you even can't write the price of a cheeseburger i don't believe you're a german!

I said 1 USD in the west, you start babbling about Germany?!

Good job, you could work at MCD, truly qualified.

https://www.foodwellsaid.com/mcdonalds-extra-value-meal/ 2 cheesburgers, 2 USD.... 

1 USD in the US.

Ohh so germany is not in the West? Also not in W-Europe?

And in the usa it is 

Cheeseburger 1.09