Thai court to decide on dissolution of opposition party in January

webfact

I've lived over thirty years in Thailand and seen all kinds of stupidity and downright nastiness, but i'm getting the old Deja vu feeling that this will all end in tears and bloodshed, just like the last action man pretender.......Unfortunately i don't think there's anyone big enough to bring this particular dog to heel as there was in 92............Sad for Thailand, glad i've moved to Malaysia.......

• Like 1

The language of some on here describing the Thai people with derogatory words. I bulk when someone used the word surfs.Being an ex soldier I take great offence when people call them soldiers as they are nothing more than Thai Triads or Yakuza and their weaker branch boys in brown.  By default the most currupt are the ones that rise to the top as each rank is bidded for and paid for. The fact they are all $ millionaires when they retire says it all as I who earns more am no millionaire in fact I have one wife and my children go to public schools and I drive a normal car and live in a normal house. Yet there are those on here (I don't mean the obvious It military propaganda division who crept in after the coup) who supported these treasonous traitors against Thailand and is people who thought and said Thailand shouldn't have democracy who supported the overthrow of an elected leader who tried to hold an election. Shame on you because now look at Thailand. So very sad. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

It will be interesting to see what kind of backlash there is once the inevitable happens next month. 

Indeed, though I strongly suspect the somnambulant Thais people will meekly accept Thanatorn's emasculation as they have accepted all manner of outrages over the decades, usually at the hands of self-interested and self-gratifying people who should be in prison.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

Indeed, though I strongly suspect the somnambulant Thais people will meekly accept Thanatorn's emasculation as they have accepted all manner of outrages over the decades, usually at the hands of self-interested and self-gratifying people who should be in prison.

Thanatorn is just another rich guy trying to wedge his head in the feeding trough.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, scorecard said:

My guess is that he and his sidekick saw several possibilities, one being enough votes that nobody could touch them, but that not likely in the first elction they contested but they did get massive numbers of votes, way higher than many folks forecast.

Also, my guess is that they are both astute enought to know that the military party would use whatever powers and tricks / unethical strategies would be needed to keep power (and more importantly for them) keep the military large and powerful and very seriously oppose any attempts to reduce the army and it's influence. And rightly or wrongly the military party is at the moment able to unethically manipulate whatever is needed to maintain their situation.

IMHO opinion Khun Thanathorn and his party have achieved an overall victory, in that they have pushed the military into a corner but unfortunately the military can (and are) still capable of taking unethical / immoral actions. 

I see all of this as a stepping stone in a journey, I believe (I hope) Khun Thanathorn and FF will be strongly encouraged by what's happened to continue their journey, knowing that it will take quite some time to get the military into a more ethical situation. 

I really hope Khunathorn and his FF members raise many discussions opportunities (staying well away from violence and damage) and at the same time ensure they are not encouraging the old colour politics. On this specific point I hope FF disallow the old red and yellow diehards to become members of FF and more seriously screen all potential members. 

A long road ahead, go for it Khun Thanathorn and FF and keep learning. 

Yes, I hope there is a future for them to move forward.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Thanatorn is just another rich guy trying to wedge his head in the feeding trough.

You might be right, though I hope you're not. I accept that you might be right only because it is in the nature of Thais to behave thusly. The question is, will he be as badly partisan and obviously corrupt as the present incumbent (whom the Thais also meekly accepted, and for which they should be roundly castigated and shunned for their superstition and stupidity by all decent people),

Hope they do. It may be the best thing for this country in the long run. Did they come third? One has to wonder as coming second (who knows?) in this country means you win. Well, means a military junta wins. Thais hate this military junta that was not democratically elected. Will the people rise up when the court (no seperation of power here) bans FF? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chama said:

Pretty good indication of what the decision will be when the party is disqualified from participating in the election. The power that exist in the Thai government currently in power must really be worried about this party if they are even claiming the party's logo is associated with the Illuminati. Indications are that the Thai people are waking up to the huge mistake made allowing the election to roll out the way it did. When that happens change becomes inevitable so Cha Cha can stick his fingers in the dike until the flood overwhelms him.

I hope you're right, this guy really is the pits, snd he only survives because of the yes-men who have fed at the country's trough for way too long.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Hope they do. It may be the best thing for this country in the long run. Did they come third? One has to wonder as coming second (who knows?) in this country means you win. Well, means a military junta wins. Thais hate this military junta that was not democratically elected. Will the people rise up when the court (no seperation of power here) bans FF? 

Nope. You cannot ever rely on Thais doing the right thing if it involves personal risk. Not in their DNA

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Thai people so proud to never be colonized,

but they dont know democracy.

(yes, i do a big shortcut to say it, but...)

It's the country of money,

every thing is only about money (corruption, mafia, show the last Iphone, buy a car to much expensive...)

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, animatic said:

Closest I can come:

Wawel (Polish pronunciation: [ˈvavɛl]) is a fortified architectural complex erected over many centuries atop a limestone outcrop on the left bank of the Vistula river in Kraków, Poland, at an altitude of 228 metres above sea level. ... There are also wooden parts of the complex w

OK now it makes sense, I think 

On 12/26/2019 at 10:34 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

You are pre-judging the court's decision. They do not always side with the government, but if they side with FF then maybe the government will sack the judges and install their own, just as they did with the democratically elected government. Not beyond the realms of possibility. They have already taken over the country illegally and re-written the constitution in a way to make then undefeatable in any election. They are in total control of parliament for the foreseeable future, and the courts may follow. No-one will be able to stop them and the country is too insignificant on the world stage for anyone outside Thailand to care.

"No one will be able to top them"   Perhaps another military coup with a Democratically  inclined leader  could overcome this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Shameful behavior by greedy old men who are terrified of any progress in Thai politics -- terrified that their financial rape of Thailand may encounter any sort of uncomfortable hiccup or extra scrutiny. They don't care what impression the world has of their nation because any informal sanctions like a severe drop in tourism or cuts in aid won't effect them -- only their poorer compatriots, who they view with spite anyway.  

• Like 2

On 12/26/2019 at 6:43 AM, RichardColeman said:

I would imagine that the dissolution of the opposition for a Logo by a basically Junta led government will not been seen in the best of lights by the rest of the world. 

As for Illuminati - isn't their thing ruling from the shadows ? As opposed to plastering the fact they are about and active as a political party.

Pure nonsense

Maybe the CP c***s belong to a different lodge...the dog lodge

On 12/26/2019 at 2:38 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Just like it did after they banned a democratically elected government? There hasn't been a peep out of the Red shirts since, nothing at all.

Not quite true.

Did you not notice the specific photos of reds in their labelled T shirts and with flags and signs in the recent 'pop up' Thanathorn rally.

Why would anybody be surprised, IMHO the paymaster would have instructed that they infiltrate this event. Anything to try to get their foot in the doore of wahatever actvity could make gains for the reds.

On the other hand, I strongly hope that FF when they hold further rallies ( and I think they will) ensure old reds and yellows are weeded out and removed from the FF rallies. 

Another angle IMHO because the reds are not so actively seen, does that mean they have totalled disbanded? NO.

Edited by scorecard