Pattaya unprepared for plastic-bag ban

Rimmer

1 minute ago, champers said:

This will have massive implications. I see mass street protests with the real possibiity that the government could be forced out of office.

Hahahahahaha, yep when they did the bag ban in Aus last year there was massive public butthurt and outrage too !!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nightfox said:

I can already see some clueless falangs in Pattaya making a big stink and fools out of them self's in places like Friendship supermarket about why there are no plastic bags, mostly Russians and Chinese who cant read or speak English.

I voiced my disagreement with the coming soon no "free bags" at Friendship..."how will customers get their shopping home without bags"  answer smile and hee hee ????

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, fruitman said:

I had 25 items and told him without a bag i can't buy it...so i gave him the basket and left.

You would think they would have the sense to at least sell reusable bags handily at check-out. 

Hope you didn't have anything freshly sliced from the Deli!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Maybe they didnt want everyone parking their bikes next to the front door ?

Yes and they also can't/won't reserve 1-2 parking lots for cars for motobike customers...

In BKK only low-so folks drive motobikes and they won't shop in supermarkets....and the odd farang of course.

One day at foodland the guard told me to not park the motocy close to the entrance, only cars can do that..i had to park far far away in the motocy parking for staff...

I emailed the manager and she told me i could park right in front of the stairs at the door which i do now...she had told the guards to let me do so...that's how it works in thailand, you have to mail the manager and tell them you spend a lot of money in their shop (which i do)...i can't go to foodland by car, that takes me 2hours single way, on the motocy 20 minutes.

• Like 1