Non-O Marriage 1-year Extension Income Proof

I am an American, and the 1-year extension will be based on a single entry (90-day) Non-O Marriage visa. My only question is: Will CM Immigration accept a US Social Security benefits letter (showing monthly payments in dollars in excess of THB 40,000) as proof of income for the extension? 

The only proof immigration will accept is transfers into a Thai bank account from abroad to prove a income of 40k baht.

For the first extension only a couple of months of transfers are required and then after it requires 12 months of transfers.

If you need more time to show the transfers you could apply for a 60 day extension of visit your wife.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The only proof immigration will accept is transfers into a Thai bank account from abroad to prove a income of 40k baht.

Thank you ubonjoe and other respondents. I thought that the case, and I appreciate your confirmation - which raises two related questions:

1. Will a direct US Social Security transfer into a Thai bank account show the allowable transfer code in the bank book such that Immigration will accept these as meeting the income requirement? and

2. Assuming I put an approved foreign transfer of some kind in place, does Immigration care what happens to funds in the account after the transfer, e.g., are they all immediately available for withdrawal with no running balance requirement? 

Yes it should show FTT which is a transfer from a foreign source. 

No, they couldn't care less what you do with your money after that.

Coincidentally,  I did this process last week in Khon Kaen. They looked at my SSA proof of income, said it was not necessary but kept it in their file.

All they wanted was the proof of transfer of funds from my bank here in Thailand.

I had Bangkok Bank print a one year deposit statement and attach proof of bank account ownership the day before.

18 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Yes it should show FTT which is a transfer from a foreign source. 

No, they couldn't care less what you do with your money after that.

Coincidentally,  I did this process last week in Khon Kaen. They looked at my SSA proof of income, said it was not necessary but kept it in their file.

All they wanted was the proof of transfer of funds from my bank here in Thailand.

I had Bangkok Bank print a one year deposit statement and attach proof of bank account ownership the day before.

Thanks for your reply. Good to know all of this.

• Like 1

1. Normally yes for the international direct deposit but you may need to get credit advises to prove it.

Another  option is to set up a direct deposit account at Bangkok Bank and and have your payments direct deposited via their branch in New York. Those transfers will be shown foreign telegraphic transfers.

Info can be found here. https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Transfers/Transferring-Into-Thailand/Transfer-money-from-US-to-Thailand-via-Bangkok-Bank-NewYork-branch

2. There is no requirement to keep the funds in bank. You can do want to do with them,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozziepat said:

Thanks ubonjoe. Would you elaborate on this. Not sure I understand.

The international direct deposits are transferred in baht from the US treasury and only go into one bank which means they are are transferred from one bank to the other here. A credit advice for the transfer would show the original source of the transfer.

The other option that you can think about is that if the Immigration office will not accept less than the full 12 months deposits then you could go to Savannakhet, Laos and get a 1 year Non-Imm "O" Multi Entry Visa based on marriage and you do not need any financials there and that would give you the time to get you full 12 months deposits into your Thai bank account. Just be prepared for the unexpected and always have another plan just incase

Edited by Russell17au

8 hours ago, Russell17au said:

The other option that you can think about is that if the Immigration office will not accept less than the full 12 months deposits then you could go to Savannakhet, Laos and get a 1 year Non-Imm "O" Multi Entry Visa based on marriage and you do not need any financials there and that would give you the time to get you full 12 months deposits into your Thai bank account. Just be prepared for the unexpected and always have another plan just incase

Thanks.

20 hours ago, Russell17au said:

The other option that you can think about is that if the Immigration office will not accept less than the full 12 months deposits

The 12 months will not be required. It is clearly written in the police order that only one transfer is needed for to apply for the first extension.

• Like 1