Interior Ministry orders provinces to implement stringent measures against drunk-driving

webfact

Interior Ministry orders provinces to implement stringent measures against drunk-driving

f2d9bb68657d834a0542b6ba3e740b53.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - To promote road safety during the New Year holiday period, the Ministry of Interior has instructed relevant agencies in all provinces to implement stringent measures to prevent and reduce road accidents, particularly measures against drunk-driving.

The Interior Minister, Gen. Anupong Paojinda, in his capacity as the Director of the Road Safety Operation Center (RSOC), ordered all provincial governors to remind their local administrative organizations and related units to carry out legal and social measures against drunk-driving.

Members of the Altruistic Heart 904 are invited to provide road safety information to the people and use proactive measures to remind drivers about the dangers of drunk-driving and speeding. Drivers are encouraged to wear safety helmets and safety belts.

nnt.jpg
  • Haha 2

Initially, the police were not going to set up check points so as not to inconvenience motorists. 

Then, drink as much as you want, just drive slowly if pi$$ed. 

Finally, take stringent measures against drivers under the influence. 

Do any of these departments actually know what they're talking about and what the others have already released to the public?! 

If I were a betting man, I'd say these clowns make this up as they go along. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

What they need is some cardboard cutouts of him at the roadside wagging his finger sternly at motorists. 

Those driving slowly might be too drunk to even recognise him... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

I hope you are not having a go at The Inferior minister Colin .

Even being called inferior is way over the top as a rating. 

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, RobertHima said:

It's supposed to be mandatory, not need of encouragement.

Again reinforcement that Thais at large hve no respect for the concepts and little real knowledge of the actual laws. 

Our loud old aunty has been stopped by the cops numerous time for a range of offences, she instantly invents 'laws' which baffle the cops and they let her go, because they (the cops) don't know if she's right or wrong. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

To promote road safety during the New Year holiday period, the Ministry of Interior has instructed relevant agencies in all provinces to implement stringent measures to prevent and reduce road accidents, particularly measures against drunk-driving.

Why do you always talk about the pitiful situation during the holidays? This situation is all year round!
It may be that during the year you are so busy with your "work" that you cannot see what is happening on your streets.
Slowly I begin to believe that you really don't care!

Edited by 30la

21 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

It has been done successfully in a number of countries. All it takes is political will, a competent police force and judicial system that will back up the laws. Unfortunately Thailand gets three strikes on that collection.

What you say is correct - in a thriving economy. Most Thais are too poor for the above to work.

I cannot see a solution in Thailand until there is a government that understands economics and is willing to share some of the wealth around. I cannot remember the exact figure but I think that 1% of the population own 70% of the wealth.

On 12/31/2019 at 2:25 PM, djayz said:

Initially, the police were not going to set up check points so as not to inconvenience motorists. 

Then, drink as much as you want, just drive slowly if pi$$ed. 

Finally, take stringent measures against drivers under the influence. 

Do any of these departments actually know what they're talking about and what the others have already released to the public?! 

If I were a betting man, I'd say these clowns make this up as they go along. 

Answers: No

Yes

Wasn't this guy involved in the non-fraud at the Park outside Hua Hin, you know; the one with all the statues? That went quiet awfully quickly. As they do.

Edited by ParkerN

On 12/31/2019 at 1:37 PM, Chang_paarp said:

It has been done successfully in a number of countries. All it takes is political will, a competent police force and judicial system that will back up the laws. Unfortunately Thailand gets three strikes on that collection.

And that is the true crux of the issue 

• Like 2