Thailand: Land of a thousand generals

webfact

On 1/3/2020 at 8:41 PM, Oxx said:

"I think"? Clearly you didn't "think".  Why make up a stupid lie that is so easily disproven? Some pathological hatred of the UK? Or just of its navy?

There one Admiral, five vice admirals and 22 rear admirals, compared with 75 commissioned ships (including submarines) and additional ships in the Royal Fleet Auxiliary and under contract.

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/-/media/royal-navy-responsive/documents/useful-resources/navy_directory.pdf?la=en-gb

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_Royal_Navy_ships

Sorry if i upset you there and thanks for the info, the reason i said think was because it was something i had read a while back, but could not vouch for as i did not know if the info was correct or not, as for hatred of the UK i was born and bred there 81 years ago and certainly no hatred for it or the navy, not as you seem to have when answering a post, can you actually hold a discussion before accusing people of lying and stupidity accusations?   

The sole reason prayut and Junta are and stay in power-aside from force-is for money....the #2 in the Thai Junta gets paid under 100K USD/yr, BUT he has been seen wearing 1.5 million in patek philippe watches-go figure. Prayuth makes about 100K USD/yr from PM salary and generalship COMBINED-and he is worth an estimated 100 million USD-being 1000-yes, one-thousand-times his annual salary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, tommyboy79 said:

The sole reason prayut and Junta are and stay in power-aside from force-is for money....the #2 in the Thai Junta gets paid under 100K USD/yr, BUT he has been seen wearing 1.5 million in patek philippe watches-go figure. Prayuth makes about 100K USD/yr from PM salary and generalship COMBINED-and he is worth an estimated 100 million USD-being 1000-yes, one-thousand-times his annual salary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have both been very lucky with their stock market investments.

:whistling:

On 1/1/2020 at 9:19 AM, Pilotman said:

This is no different to many Military forces the world over.  Far too many top end hangerts on. UK is terrible in this respect, just as bad as Thailand, if not worse.  

For the British Army only (excluding Navy and Air Force), 1 General : 2,400 'other' troops. Admittedly that's after a recent cull but even before that, it was 1 General : 1,450 troops according to the figures quoted in the article.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/top-heavy-british-army-halves-number-of-generals-j9sj6b2kp

• Thanks 1