Chonburi: Man claims police abducted him then attacked him with knives and hammer

webfact

15 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

The general disdain for human life...the mistreatment of women and children...the abandonment of wife and children by Thai husbands without consequences...sets Thailand apart from other civilized nations...IMHO.

You might have a too romantic view about the west and America.  

You do know that America ranks over double the crime rate of Thailand, has a rape rate 4 times MORE than Thailand and 6 times more VIOLENT crime than here also?   USA is only 0.9 percent less for murder rates than Thailand.  Yet you think here is much worse?  

You talk about the 'disdain for human life'... take a look at the west and its wars all over the world... how many people are they killing for political reasons and raciest motives?  

14 hours ago, Scot123 said:

Because its about Thailand. Your 2 statements are so very bizarre. What police violence in America? Maybe you mean a few utube videos you have see! Do you realize how big USA is and that tiny Thailand would fit in most states let alone the size of their police force compared to thailand so comparing them is unreal. To compare Thai police to other countries as being the same.... Wow!!! Look to the road carnage in Thailand and the lack of policing there of. The constant flow of scams directed by the police please please give examples of the =examples in the UK. 

Do you understand percentages or rates per 1000 people etc?

Have a look at these figures... they clearly explain the differences between USA and Thailand for various crimes and forms of violence... etc. 

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Thailand/United-States/Crime

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Traubert said:

Au contrere. Thailand has never been a third world country.

The term "Third World" arose during the Cold War to define countries that remained non-aligned with either NATO or the Communist Bloc. The concept itself has become outdated as it no longer represents the current political or economic state of the world. Also Thailand has never been a colony, another defining aspect to a "third world' country.

Lol! Sorry but you are very wrong. Unlike Thailand The English Language evolves and the meaning of 3rd world has changed and continues to change. Thailand is a 3rd world country (maybe look up the meaning, I did just to confirm I was correct). As for your joke at the end about not being colonised what about the Japanese and ww2 or you could go further back to the Cambodians. Please do not put your head above the trench and spout Thai properganda as you will suffer dearly.! The should have paid war retributions to the Chinese and British but because USA wanted a foothold in Asia they lobbied for them to be excused. The 3 southern provinces should have been handed back to Malaysia after ww2 (Thailand gift by the Japanese for joining them in ww2) all borders were suppose to go back to pre ww2. 

21 hours ago, Traubert said:

Also Thailand has never been a colony, another defining aspect to a "third world' country.

Take a look around, it looks pretty much colonized by many different nationalities to me, and all they needed to colonize is a visa.

How many 50 / 50 kids?  What about the diaspora of Thai's that marry a foreigner abroad? 

Your historic view of colonization is correct, but it's not applicable for Thailand, a country that sells its sovereiignty off for money. 

Sure, they could cancel all visas tomorrow and give all foreigner 6 months to vacate, but they are too reliant on their money, not to mention, it would set Thailand back 50 years or more. 

I'm living here.  I gather you are living here.  Are we not colonizing Thailand, bringing here our culture, foods, language,  religion etc? 

Edited by Leaver

On 1/2/2020 at 4:31 PM, jak2002003 said:

How about the police violence in America?

Why single out Thailand here... when most other countries are hardly any more 'civilized'

The difference is the word Police, that generally can be trusted on, rotten apples are everywhere but in Thailand most are rotten. Huge difference.

Speaking about violence is something completely else.

20 hours ago, Leaver said:

Take a look around, it looks pretty much colonized by many different nationalities to me, and all they needed to colonize is a visa.

How many 50 / 50 kids?  What about the diaspora of Thai's that marry a foreigner abroad? 

Your historic view of colonization is correct, but it's not applicable for Thailand, a country that sells its sovereiignty off for money. 

Sure, they could cancel all visas tomorrow and give all foreigner 6 months to vacate, but they are too reliant on their money, not to mention, it would set Thailand back 50 years or more. 

I'm living here.  I gather you are living here.  Are we not colonizing Thailand, bringing here our culture, foods, language,  religion etc? 

colonizing ? lol unless you've become a permanent resident you are living here on a temporary extension, and besides I doubt sausage rolls are going to shake up the Thai culinary circles for ages to come.. 

5 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

colonizing ? lol unless you've become a permanent resident you are living here on a temporary extension, and besides I doubt sausage rolls are going to shake up the Thai culinary circles for ages to come.. 

Like I said, Thailand has been colonized with visas, not with guns.

Not sure about sausage rolls, but take a look at all those fat Thai kids eating McDonald's, KFC, Burger King, Pizza etc.  Nope, no change of diet there.  ????

4 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Like I said, Thailand has been colonized with visas, not with guns.

Not sure about sausage rolls, but take a look at all those fat Thai kids eating McDonald's, KFC, Burger King, Pizza etc.  Nope, no change of diet there.  ????

originated here to serve the likes of us not them, unfortunately they've been exposed to this garbage food like every country in the world..

Edited by from the home of CC

3 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

originated here to serve the likes of us not them, unfortunately they've been exposed to this garbage food like every country in the world..

Yep, those companies got here with paperwork, not guns, as well.

"I doubt sausage rolls are going to shake up the Thai culinary circles for ages to come.."

These were your words, not mine.  These companies are firmly entrenched in all major cities and towns of Thailand.

When you say Thai's are "exposed to this garbage" are you denying they eat it?   

On 1/2/2020 at 10:33 AM, Bluespunk said:
On 1/2/2020 at 9:31 AM, webfact said:

Marut Rungrote, 45, from Bang Pakong, Chacherngsao said that two or three policemen in plain clothes had abducted him and brought him there in a car. 

If they were in plain clothes how does he know they were police?

Sanook further reported that a 14 year old boy said he had seen two men who looked like police next to a vehicle on a concrete road. 

How so, were they in uniform or next to a police vehicle?

They had put a bag over his head, he said, then attacked him with knives and a hammer. .

Also, how did he know that if he had a bag over his head?

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 7:25 PM, Leaver said:

I would say real police, or people impersonating police,

Hedging your bets there, obviously it could only have been one or the other, real police or fake police! 

I'm surprised that you didn't say that he looks exactly like the Koh Larn jetski operator!

Edited by Just Weird

On 1/2/2020 at 8:36 PM, chama said:

Thai police are just thugs that couldn't find employment anywhere else. The story is believable and for those who say he should be able to tell if he had been beaten by two of it it had been three men do not realize how disoriented one becomes once put under the degree of stress involved in a near death beating.

"Near death"?  Doesn't appear to be near death in the photo.

5 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Yep, those companies got here with paperwork, not guns, as well.

"I doubt sausage rolls are going to shake up the Thai culinary circles for ages to come.."

These were your words, not mine.  These companies are firmly entrenched in all major cities and towns of Thailand.

When you say Thai's are "exposed to this garbage" are you denying they eat it?   

In reality those companies probably paid bribes to set up here. No, Thais definitely eat it, the majority (350 bt/day earners) consider it a big 'treat' and the kids get right pumped up, which is sad imo but understandable. My main point was that just because you're 'living here' is hardly an argument that you're 'colonizing'. I mentioned the sausage because when I went over to the UK, I ate them there and mentally I associate that food with my trip. And I took it that 'leaver' would mean that's where you hail from. Sorry I just don't buy the colonist jazz and to be honest, if this place had been colonized in the past I doubt I would of chose it my home 18 yrs ago, 90 days at a time...

2 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

In reality those companies probably paid bribes to set up here. No, Thais definitely eat it, the majority (350 bt/day earners) consider it a big 'treat' and the kids get right pumped up, which is sad imo but understandable. My main point was that just because you're 'living here' is hardly an argument that you're 'colonizing'. I mentioned the sausage because when I went over to the UK, I ate them there and mentally I associate that food with my trip. And I took it that 'leaver' would mean that's where you hail from. Sorry I just don't buy the colonist jazz and to be honest, if this place had been colonized in the past I doubt I would of chose it my home 18 yrs ago, 90 days at a time...

Like I said, Thailand sold their sovereignty away for money, just like those companies probably paid bribes to set up here. 

So, you have lived here 18 years, but are not part of a colony here.  Is that the way you see it?  Do you see yourself as an 18 year tourist?

What about the millions of other foreigners living here, yes, that includes Burmese, Cambodians etc, and yes, there are millions.  Do you think they have had absolutely no influence on Thailand at all? 

The use of the word "colonize" conjures up thoughts of invasion, conflict, and occupation.

I flew here (invaded) with a piece of paper called a passport, paid money to stay (visa) so then occupied.  No conflict involved.

What's the difference?

17 hours ago, Leaver said:

Like I said, Thailand sold their sovereignty away for money, just like those companies probably paid bribes to set up here. 

So, you have lived here 18 years, but are not part of a colony here.  Is that the way you see it?  Do you see yourself as an 18 year tourist?

What about the millions of other foreigners living here, yes, that includes Burmese, Cambodians etc, and yes, there are millions.  Do you think they have had absolutely no influence on Thailand at all? 

The use of the word "colonize" conjures up thoughts of invasion, conflict, and occupation.

I flew here (invaded) with a piece of paper called a passport, paid money to stay (visa) so then occupied.  No conflict involved.

What's the difference?

yes I believe you and the 1000's of other visitors have had zero influence and never will..

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

So, now you are trying to tell me about what I mean.  ????

"Well, that sex trade still exists" but according to you, has no culture or financial impact here, particularly in the Issan province.  ReallY????

You need to broaden your view on colonization. 

A lot of 50/50 kids across the country.

How many foreign business owners are paying Thai staff 300 baht a day to "enrich" themselves here? 

the phrase "illusion of grandeur" comes to mind lol..