Cat vs. chants: Friendly feline tests Buddhist monk's patience

rooster59

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

I wonder how it would go if a bylaws required all persons with dogs or cats are required to have them neutered unless you are a registed breeder?

Probably like a lot laws in the Kingdom

Too  many "non owned"  but fed for that to work, makes me laugh  the same cat lovers  will moan about  plastic  bags and saving turtles and sea  life but  think the  cats are  not a problem whilst  they decimate native species. Too  much food  left lying around in Thailand

Wild cats are  not the issue ie native cats Tiger Lynx Pumas etc

12 hours ago, Chazar said:

nonsense https://gothamist.com/news/study-confirms-cats-arent-that-into-catching-rats

Cats just another  pest like pigeons, theres  the relevance, let me  guess Thai cats  are  different

https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms2380

My small cat catches and kills rats half her size, and brings them home for us. we don't get spiders in the house either. i had a cat in the UK that brought me a pigeon and dropped it on my bed first thing in the morning. I knew of a cat in OZ that brought a rabbit home EVERY day for the farmer.

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

well we know you dont think sweet kitties are darling and cute.

thats  opinion, or does that make anyone who think cats are a problem when running amok decimating wildlife a sad angry person?

17 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

My small cat catches and kills rats half her size, and brings them home for us. we don't get spiders in the house either. i had a cat in the UK that brought me a pigeon and dropped it on my bed first thing in the morning. I knew of a cat in OZ that brought a rabbit home EVERY day for the farmer.

Does your one cat invalid a  much bigger test?

4 minutes ago, Chazar said:

thats  opinion, or does that make anyone who think cats are a problem when running amok decimating wildlife a sad angry person?

Dude, you are cool and your posts are usually great, but you got busted. You are the dude that scowls when everyone else is screeching "cute, cute, cute eeeeeeeeeeeeee" over a video of a cat ripping out its owners throats. Admit it. You have felinophobia. You are Catanthropic. I bet you turn away when some folks start showing kitties in Hello Kitty Costumes. 

May I remind you to be nice to them. They have claws and teeth. And there are.....many. Many. Millions. They come out at night. Staring. Watching. Staring, watching...unblinking stares just watching the warm blood pulse in your neck. You can sometimes sense their need, their need to.....feed........to dip their fangs in the warm gush of life and rip it to shreds!!!!!!!!

I try to be nice to them and tell them all the time they are cute so they dont sneak into my condo at 3am and tear my throat out.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Chazar said:

The  HUGE increase in cats IS a  new  thing in Thailand, they are  appearing everywhere.

Seriously? I have been here since 1996 and I cant say there are more cats at all.

I reckon you need to get over the phobia, or at least learn to be a little less shrill when the topic of cats comes up.

Edited by metempsychotic

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Gawd, Buddhism does not ban the eating of meat.

True.  Most people think it does, but no where in his teaching did the Buddha ban the eating of meat.  He recommended not to, for animals sake, but never banned it.  Some temples do ban meat but not all.  

• Like 1